MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

That vid explained movie pass' business model and they seem like they'll lose a lot of money. They get $10 a month from the customers but they pay the movie theaters let's say $10 for every movie you watch.

They must be trying to amass subscribers quickly then raise the price in a year or so. Because before this I never heard of it, now they're swamped. If it goes over 20 a month, I'll dip.

Think it's best to wait a week after the first batch of cards have arrived so people can review it and for things to slow down

I don't see why the theaters wouldn't want to do this. Isn't most of the profit for theaters from concessions or is that wrong?

Yeah I haven't read the articles on AMC, but exactly how do they lose here?

I dunno if the guy in the clip was accurate or not but he said the movie pass business model might not be sustainable if they are going to lose a lot of money. It won't be in business long if the price stays at $10. Since customers will be using the movie pass cards at amc theaters then they would associate the failed business with amc. This would hurt the business trust amc has with customers. Sounds like amc is grasping at straws with that reasoning.

Man I need this badly. Me and my girl been going to the movies like crazy these last couple of months, so this is perfect timing.

You must got the internal workings of a 60+ year old woman if food and drink is runnin' through you within 60 minutes

I guess I do.... which is why I don't eat before a movie :lol: I don't even like eating during the movie, too much movement and too much noise.

Well for one, I've heard multiple times theaters actually make nothing from ticket sales and basically everything else they sell is where the profit comes from

Now I don't get the real game plan behind paying the $10 a month and they're covering the cost of the tickets? Lol

Like some above said, def bringing a ton of people in to try it and will raise the price to $40 again and some will decide to stay while most will cancel

It's just a way for them to get the masses to try it out

Oh ish, I got through on the app.

I haven't got an email confirmation or anything though. Or the E-Tickets.

Last edited:
Well for one, I've heard multiple times theaters actually make nothing from ticket sales and basically everything else they sell is where the profit comes from

Now I don't get the real game plan behind paying the $10 a month and they're covering the cost of the tickets? Lol

Like some above said, def bringing a ton of people in to try it and will raise the price to $40 again and some will decide to stay while most will cancel

It ain't going back up to 40. I see 25 at most

they're going to try to sell viewing data. which if they grow enough and can get enough information on habits, the data could be very valuable to a lot of different companies

pricing guaranteed for 12 months. as it used to work, different markets have different pricing. who knows what they do after the 12 months.

they're going to try to sell viewing data. which if they grow enough and can get enough information on habits, the data could be very valuable to a lot of different companies

pricing guaranteed for 12 months. as it used to work, different markets have different pricing. who knows what they do after the 12 months.

Conflicted on the data selling. On one hand I'm against it, on the other hand I know my data already being sold

I successfully got through. I'll ride this out and see how it goes. It'd be great if I save a lot from movies now.

-Drew

IMG_3931.jpg
I got the email, did everyone else get it who got through? Does this mean it's official? I keep seeing the request moviepass card.

I'm thinking the theaters that accept etickets are shown if not we have to wait for the pass?

One theater by me is shown and I can buy the tickets. I will try today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom