MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Recently canceled my MoviePass subscriptions and got billed for the one the day after the paid through date :ohwell:

Customer service for Moviepass seems nonexistent

When it says not supported by MoviePass can I still use the unlisted showtime to watch it? They showing Avengers in 2d too

r7n4gy.jpg
Yes. Same thing happened to me. Thats what I did on my first viewing of Avengers.

Just dont try to purchase a 3D or iMax ticket and be prepared to take a pic of the stub.

Recently canceled my MoviePass subscriptions and got billed for the one the day after the paid through date :ohwell:

Customer service for Moviepass seems nonexistent
You should've changed your credit card info before cancelling.

^i shouldn’t have to

I’d rather not since I have the number, expiration, and security code memorized

I will probably never get a reply to my message I sent them regarding the issue

If I get billed next month I’ll file a dispute on both charges and get a new card, but I’m gonna try calling the customer service number

E7484E13-A595-4074-887B-1A7FE8F0A8AE.png

We also shouldn’t be able to watch a movie a day for $9.99/mo. You gotta take the bad with the good and realize that this model is unsustainable. You think they really inversted in some customer service? They’re not here to be amazon, they just wanna snatch up all this user data.:lol:

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on MoviePass to get back to you on that.

The volatility of this alone is enough for me to not renew despite the benefits. It's like driving behind someone that keeps randomly braking.

MoviePass competitor Sinemia offers movie plans starting at $5/month
It's not the bargain that MoviePass is, but the model may be more sustainable.
dims

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/05/04/sinemia-moviepass-competitor-lowers-prices/
Today, Sinemia, a MoviePass competitor, announced its lowest pricing to date. For just $4.99 (on an annual plan), moviegoers in the US, UK, Canada and Australia can get one ticket per month to any 2D, traditional movie. For $6.99, you can get two tickets per month. If you'd like to see additional movies (or add 3D and IMAX into the mix), the prices for that are $9.99 for two tickets and $14.99 for three tickets per month.

While these prices don't match MoviePass's $9.99 per month for one movie a day (an offer that was removed from the service's website and only recently restored), they still are a good deal if you consider the full-price ticket of a movie. Additionally, moviegoers can buy tickets and choose their seats up to 30 days ahead of time, a service that isn't offered with MoviePass.

Questions about MoviePass's sustainability are becoming more and more glaring, as the company is receiving new subscribers at a high rate -- and losing money every time anyone uses the service. It's not clear how the company intends to make money. Sinemia might be more sustainable in the long term, as the company tries to balance the desires of theatergoers with the needs of movie theater owners and operators. "Our vision and goal has been to create a movie ticket subscription service that adds value for both for moviegoers and the movie industry," said Rifat Oguz, the founder and CEO of Sinemia. "We believe the only way to accomplish this is through a sustainable movie subscription model."

Back
Top Bottom