MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

So instead of catching a movie on An early Friday or Saturday like I usually do I'll have to push it an additional week to avoid this completely?

Will see how this works out.

I didnt go this past weekend since I had no interest in JW. Now I might just bundle that to also catch Sicario and w/e else is out.

Just opening weekend and I'm sure it's for nighttime showings.

You should at least wait until the rules are in full effect and see how it works out.

I don't think all that peak movie **** will last.

Unless they think the bring a friend and family bonuses will balance out their losses.

THAT REDDIT POST ABOVE IS EXACTLY WHY I CANCELLED. I DON'T WANT TO BE QUESTIONING WHEN I CAN OR CAN'T USE MOVIEPASS. I ALSO DON'T WANT TO BE DICTATED TO ON WHEN I CAN GO TO THE MOVIE OR WHAT MOVIE I CAN SEE USING THE SERVICE WITHOUT INCURRING AN EXTRA CHARGE. AT THAT POINT IT IS A HINDERANCE TO ME. I'LL JUST GO BACK TO ONLY SEEING THE BIG BLOCKBUSTERS WHEN AND WHERE I WANT TO SEE THEM AND JUST COUGH UP THE DOUGH AND CALL IT A DAY.

THAT REDDIT POST ABOVE IS EXACTLY WHY I CANCELLED. I DON'T WANT TO BE QUESTIONING WHEN I CAN OR CAN'T USE MOVIEPASS. I ALSO DON'T WANT TO BE DICTATED TO ON WHEN I CAN GO TO THE MOVIE OR WHAT MOVIE I CAN SEE USING THE SERVICE WITHOUT INCURRING AN EXTRA CHARGE. AT THAT POINT IT IS A HINDERANCE TO ME. I'LL JUST GO BACK TO ONLY SEEING THE BIG BLOCKBUSTERS WHEN AND WHERE I WANT TO SEE THEM AND JUST COUGH UP THE DOUGH AND CALL IT A DAY.
I understand.

Before we could go at any time we want as long as the theater was open.

It does tell you ahead of time if this surge **** is in effect. I guess I don't mind as much since I never do the prime time 7-12 and prefer matinee showings.

Yeah that doesnt matter to me. If it's a movie I really want to see opening night, I'm not going to care about paying an extra $2-$6. I done already saved enough money from this so it's nothing to me.

Just canceled my MoviePass and signed up for AMC Stubs A-List membership. Booked Ant-Man in Dolby for Thursday night. Already reaping the benefits. :pimp:

signed up for amc subscription. how long did it take for them to process the account? i paid for the movie as well but never got the ticket confirmation. cant even log into my account

The new policies don’t go into effect until your subscription ends if you’re on the one year plan. So these new rules won’t affect me until November.

:lol:
The Shirt Locker
Hood Will Hunting
Shirt Russell
The Dark Roast Rises
:rofl:
I'm HOWLING at how they titled their merch all these creative names but on the actual merch it just says "Moviepass"

You know M'baku was like "I need a cash advance before I take any pictures or sign some paperwork."

They're just fed up with the changes. I get it, but nothing's beating 9.99 for me.
Yeah I got fed up with moviepass constantly making changes. Still would’ve kept it though but for an extra $10 I can see a movie in Dolby and IMAX as well as the option to buy tickets in advance. That alone is worth the extra $10. Aside from that you earn rewards points and get a discount at the concession stand. After signing up and buying a ticket for my girl I earned enough points for a $5 reward. The online convenience fees are waived when buying tickets for others as well. So the AMC membership at $20 was a no brainer for me.

Yeah I got fed up with moviepass constantly making changes. Still would’ve kept it though but for an extra $10 I can see a movie in Dolby and IMAX as well as the option to buy tickets in advance. That alone is worth the extra $10. Aside from that you earn rewards points and get a discount at the concession stand. After signing up and buying a ticket for my girl I earned enough points for a $5 reward. The online convenience fees are waived when buying tickets for others as well. So the AMC membership at $20 was a no brainer for me.

I already get the concession upgrades with AMC Stubs. I think it cost $15, but you can normally get it for $10. I saw that they also don't charge you the $15 for Stubs which I'm already a member of.

I'm definitely doing AMC's if Moviepass goes away.

Back
Top Bottom