MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

There seems to be screenings only for theatres with e ticketing. I'd be fine if I had my card :lol:

i dont get why wont they raise the price and be done with the whole peak price etc. id pay the monthly fees if iths 19.99 a month and can still watch whatever i want, whenever i want and how many times i want.

i dont get why wont they raise the price and be done with the whole peak price etc. id pay the monthly fees if iths 19.99 a month and can still watch whatever i want, whenever i want and how many times i want.

They're 100% gonna raise the price. I personally believe to 14.99 and an option for imax/3d, and get rid of the unlimited option

Going by comments online, it seems many are willing to pay MP a higher tier price and a premium for premium showing, yet they stick with the same pricing model. :smh:

Seems the end is nigh.

i think they are afraid that increasing the price will get a huge surge of subscribers cancelling that it would hurt them more and become the final nail in the coffin

they have to approach it delicately and make sure a price increase comes with incentive like making 3d, imax, etc... available and remove peak pricing

it's hard to gauge how everyone will react, online you may just hear those who are willing to pay but majority of users aren't posting online and those are probably the majority subscribers

it's also easier for people to say they'll pay for it but when it is time to whip out the card and type in the numbers, they flake

People will cancel but it won't be drastic as they might fear. They'll still have the $3 million subscribers

That’s why Mp should've offer different levels of membership that accommodates several levels of customers. Instead of just the one price they’ve had. They were just lazy and apparently insolvent.

iirc they have 3m subs right now

i think they can easily lose at least 1 mil subs with a price increase especially if it's just a price increase with no other changes (i can see them doing this)

and knowing them, they'd probably do the "cancel now or be charged $20 next month" pop up on the app that people will close quickly and then they'd get flooded with calls and emails they won't return and just multiplies the angry subs :lol:

That’s why Mp should've offer different levels of membership that accommodates several levels of customers. Instead of just the one price they’ve had. They were just lazy and apparently insolvent.

They did that before and it didnt work

i believe they did offer that before but people were ignoring it

it was the $10/month for unlimited films in any theater that really got them as big as they but unfortunately it's also what got them into trouble

they can do that now instead of just increasing the price, offer a higher level but I believe their old level went up as high as $50/month which i don't think any would really take

iirc they have 3m subs right now

i think they can easily lose at least 1 mil subs with a price increase especially if it's just a price increase with no other changes (i can see them doing this)

and knowing them, they'd probably do the "cancel now or be charged $20 next month" pop up on the app that people will close quickly and then they'd get flooded with calls and emails they won't return and just multiplies the angry subs :lol:

People like to complain but no way 1 million customers are fleeing because of a small increase of let's say $5. They already mentioned the upgrades they're going to implement. The imax/3d. Order in advance and choose seats, bring a friend, add a family member and all that.

Tme will tell. Very soon at that imo. I'm willing to bet at maximum about 200k-250k will switch over or cancel if the standard price is increased by $5 and the unlimited option is taken away.

I cant recall what other pricing options they offered recently other than the limited movies a month? I know prior to the $10/unlimited, I think it was $30, which I had contemplated paying for a while. Obviously $10 was a no brainer, and then the year prepay I finally paid into.
Many new customers I’m sure wouldn’t mind paying $15 to $20 monthly, or prepay yearly if they can get a bit of discount. That might've gave them some surge of cash.
Their premium pricing option they mentioned, was also tempting for those that prefer those formats.
It seems they just got lazy in their options in recent months and never got around to what might’ve stuck.

i dont know if they want to offer a 1yr prepay plan now, it'll be a catastrophe if they fold and have to return all of those money back

i know the dudes who invested are HEATED
this was originally started by some black dudes right????
coulda sworn i seen it somewhere
they finessed a BAG :pimp:

i believe the ceo that initiated the $10/month plan is white

it doesn't matter if they raise it to $20, they'd still be losing money on a large percentage of their memberships. they need to figure out how to monetize the data they capture and find other avenues to leverage their memberships against studios and theaters. unless they figure that out, they're as good as dead.

Back
Top Bottom