MTV 2008 "Hottest MC's In The Game" List

Its MTV...

The list is on point IMO for what the list is about.

At the same time I don't even care. People get so bent out of shape about any list if their favorite isn't where they think they should be on the list.

he prolly woulda been #1... but he was last year so they prolly aint wanna look like groupies...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

True^^

Dont think Ye' should be #1...I'd flip him and Wayne around.

And how do you figure that?

Weezy ain't seeing 'Ye right now. Kan has the biggest tour on the planet as we speak....and you for damn sure Weezy ain't pulling 800K his first week.

I know I know....someone is gonna reply with the typical 'he is a feature on a million tracks...he's EVERYWHERE'....or the 'Lollipop was the number one single!'....

Weezy will only get that recognition because of the thousands of teeny boppers that eat up all his ridiculous antics. Was on this other chick's myspace and chick has a "Weezy = GOD" joint on her layout. I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

True^^

Weezy ain't seeing 'Ye right now. Kan has the biggest tour on the planet as we speak....and you for damn sure Weezy ain't pulling 800K his first week.

I know I know....someone is gonna reply with the typical 'he is a feature on a million tracks...he's EVERYWHERE'....or the 'Lollipop was the number one single!'....

Weezy will only get that recognition because of the thousands of teeny boppers that eat up all his ridiculous antics. Was on this other chick's myspace and chick has a "Weezy = GOD" joint on her layout. I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

True^^

eek.gif
eek.gif

True^^

Weezy ain't seeing 'Ye right now. Kan has the biggest tour on the planet as we speak....and you for damn sure Weezy ain't pulling 800K his firstweek.

I know I know....someone is gonna reply with the typical 'he is a feature on a million tracks...he's EVERYWHERE'....or the 'Lollipop was thenumber one single!'....

Weezy will only get that recognition because of the thousands of teeny boppers that eat up all his ridiculous antics. Was on this other chick's myspaceand chick has a "Weezy = GOD" joint on her layout. I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

True^^

eek.gif
eek.gif

You make some points but dude has a stronggggg buzz right now....and I wouldn't even say he couldnt get 800k his first week...idk...maybe its justbecause I'm young in the south....but it feels like everybody from EVERY croud is talking about this dude....

top 3 were acceptable even though im not a wayne fan but everybody is anticipating his album.. but 4-10 was a joke to me...honestly t.i. and 3000 should havebeen taken off of the list..i think they should have put pusha-t on because he has been killin everything he's been on this year and i also think fabshould have been on it too just off the strength of his gangsta grillz mixtape alone

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

True^^

eek.gif
eek.gif

You make some points but dude has a stronggggg buzz right now....and I wouldn't even say he couldnt get 800k his first week...idk...maybe its just because I'm young in the south....but it feels like everybody from EVERY croud is talking about this dude....

I feel you as well my dude. I know Wayne has a huge backing right now....the girlies be eating his ishhh and loving every second of it....I just wonder ifdude is just taking it too far sometimes...I mean, at the end of the day, he has to cater to the fans that love straight spittin' Wayne....butlately...it's nothing but autotunin' arghahahjhhahah young moooooooooolaaaah baaybaaay wayne.....

if the definition of "hot" for who is consistently getting spun and all over the place,,,,,,,,,, most requested,,,,,,,,,,,, high radio spins etc etcetc

the list is kinda actuarate

MTV is garbage.... can't say ive watched anything on it in years except for makin the band and first season on tila
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SA AMG

Kanye should be #1...

#1 album in Graduation
Collabing with everyone from Estelle, Madonna, Jeezy, Wayne, N.E.R.D., etc.
Sold out concert with crazy hype and rave reviews

He bounced back strong since his mothers passing.

Dont really care for the list but I dont think you can deny this man right now.

i have to agree...

if it was a hottest mc's of all time list... kanye wouldnt be at the top. we all know that. but its in the game right now, and yes kanye is the best inthe game right now, and i think he will stay there for a while, especialyl after this amazing tour he's having. he has the best shows, a cult following ofhypebeasts, and great music. what else do you need to qualify as best mc?

the rest of the list is just... crap... 3stacks hasnt released anythign in a while, 50 hasnt dropped a heater since in the club, and i get money was hot,but its not hot enough to make him #1. wayne is hot he's right at #3 cause he's not nicer than jay with the flows. and id put lupe at #4. the rest ofthe list is just a flop.

but if 3stacks did drop any material, it would most def be
pimp.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
@ those dudes even thinkin about puttin Soulja Boy in there nd @ dude that said "Wayne is more creative than Jay"

#1 Kanye
#2 Jay-z
#3 Lil Wayne
#4 Rick Ross

I Agree with these, Kanye killed it...you cant even front on what he did, he is #1 hands down
Jay-z put out a "classic" American Gangster is virtual flawless, for the sake of arguement if its not classic, its better then the last album fromeverybody on the list (andre 300 aint dropped in a minute)
Lil Wayne, im not a wayne fan, but i must admit, dude got it right now, lollipop sucks but thats my jam (if that makes sense) and he has did his thing on theverses i heard lately
Rick Ross, you cant even begin to front on ross, dude kept himself relevant with the Miami guest apperances, and then drops his album, which is Gold in a lilover a months time, and his single wasnt as big as some others (Florida)

#5 Snoop, i have to respectfully take snoop off this list, Sensual Seductioin was cool, but his album wasnt tight enough to put him on the list

i would put 50 over Snoop at #5, Curtis sold a million, regardless you cant call it a flop if it sells a mill...it might not be as good as people expected, butits a mill.... plus dude has smashed the mixtape game with the Unit lately, and he constantly stays in the public, dude undoubtably is hot right now

i would put Lupe at 6, he stepped his game up tremendously, i cant even front, and i dont even like Lupe....i dont bump his album and i know some of hissongs...dude had ESPN exposure, his songs get played on commercials, Superstar was HUGE, and he is mad creative, and lyrical gotta give him props

Jeezy should be next, dude had BODIED every single guest verse he has been on in the last few months.....i mean totally wrecked every track he stepped on (CantTell Me Nothing Remix, Im So Hood Remix, Dey Know Remix, Umma Do me remix, Love in this Club, Louie Bag,) And "I Put On" is incredible....Jeezy issick right now

TI should be where he is around 8 or 9, dude was on hiatus, but he didnt cool off enough to fall off the list, he jumped on alot of remix's and his newsingle is out, so dude is definitly on peoples minds (*cough Shawty Lo Cough*)

Andre 3000, dude is just classic, one verse from him have you salivating for more, he is crazy nice

I would have added Fabolous to the list, but thats my personal opinion...From Nothing to Something was hot it went Gold, dude put out 2 mixtapes crushing otherpeoples beats, i think he deserves some respect and to be on the list.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

1. Kanye West
2. Jay-Z
3. Lil' Wayne
4. Rick Ross
5. Snoop Dogg
6. 50 Cent
7. Lupe Fiasco
8. Young Jeezy
9. Andre 3000
10. T.I.

i didnt get to see the show but some of these names are out of order.

Kanye the hottest
eyes.gif
i personally wouldve put wayne at 1 but i guess dudehas doin his thing when you think about it so...

Snoop at 4 wow
eek.gif
. He came wit it on r&g and the blue carpet but his new%*#$
sick.gif
. Idk even know how dude made the list but hey...

T.I. at 10 wow def wouldve had him in the top 5.

and why do they keep seperatin dre like hes %@*%@$# on big boi like dude dont be doin his thing too.

where the +%*+ is fab
eek.gif
nerd.gif

it's not like MTV knows what they're talking about...they don't play videos, so what do they know
laugh.gif

All the videos they were showing said "Courtesy of BET" I was
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom