Mummification, Reincarnation...

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Does anyone think Egyptian religion promotes a superiority/egotistic attitude?

Maybe its the entertainment industry that promotes that feeling. Ex: People using it in lyrics and rhymes to empower people/themselves; Jewelry; album covers...

I don't get a feeling of humility when viewing the religion as a whole. Now, let me add I have not read much of Egyptian "holy" text. Its what I feel from viewing it at the surface.

I am not trying to put down the religion/history. But its one of those vibes I catch from it. Anyone else?
What do you mean by Egyptian religion? Alot of this stuff you'r calling religion were philosophies, mythology and ways of life that were stolen and made into religions. Everything from Astrology, The Law Of Attraction, Architecture, Science, Math to the American Judicial System came from Egypt. So when a black person who has been told that he is inferior in all aspects of life finds out that his "race" is responsible for 90% of the world's progression of course that person is going to walk around with a new outlook on life or conscious enlightenment that could be perceived as "Superiority/Egostitcal"
That's a completely accurate assumption coming from our culture and looking at it for face value. But like you said, it's what you feel from viewing from the surface.  But once you start seeking, you see how much of the culture is enshrined in our current culture you realize that this is a continuation of a pagan culture in disguise of monotheism.  This "American Dream" is the inception of it's "founding fathers" and we are all apart of it whether we believe it or deny it. 
Alot of people look back and only see the jewels, clothes and aesthetics, but all of that stuff is surface. Everything they did was for a reason. No peice of jewelry was made to just be nice and chucked full of diamonds for "bling" factor. They served electromagnetic and alchemical purposes. People's pieces were based off their aura and solar anatomy. When we look at jewelry today, it's completely useless and has no functional purpose except for broadcasting social status and serves no purpose except to promote lifestyles that aren't anything more than commercial concepts. Every piece of architecture, clothing design, masonry (stone work) had a meaning, purpose, and function.   

Our concept and ideas about masonry are nothing but a continuation of the craft throughout all time. Different cultures have had custodianship and some have abused "power"(PRWR-PR=House, WR=Heru) and become addicted. But that still shouldn't keep people from losing sight of what is going on currently in media. Kanye and Jay and all of them are doing there roles. They are leading us through revelations.Revealing the game to the masses. People need to stop hating and confusing others about this stuff and start some scholarly research if you really talkin bout it. 
Cartune & Torgriffith
pimp.gif

Maybe its the entertainment industry that promotes that feeling. Ex: People using it in lyrics and rhymes to empower people/themselves; Jewelry; album covers...

I don't get a feeling of humility when viewing the religion as a whole. Now, let me add I have not read much of Egyptian "holy" text. Its what I feel from viewing it at the surface.

I am not trying to put down the religion/history. But its one of those vibes I catch from it. Anyone else?
What do you mean by Egyptian religion? Alot of this stuff you'r calling religion were philosophies, mythology and ways of life that were stolen and made into religions. Everything from Astrology, The Law Of Attraction, Architecture, Science, Math to the American Judicial System came from Egypt. So when a black person who has been told that he is inferior in all aspects of life finds out that his "race" is responsible for 90% of the world's progression of course that person is going to walk around with a new outlook on life or conscious enlightenment that could be perceived as "Superiority/Egostitcal"
That's a completely accurate assumption coming from our culture and looking at it for face value. But like you said, it's what you feel from viewing from the surface.  But once you start seeking, you see how much of the culture is enshrined in our current culture you realize that this is a continuation of a pagan culture in disguise of monotheism.  This "American Dream" is the inception of it's "founding fathers" and we are all apart of it whether we believe it or deny it. 
Alot of people look back and only see the jewels, clothes and aesthetics, but all of that stuff is surface. Everything they did was for a reason. No peice of jewelry was made to just be nice and chucked full of diamonds for "bling" factor. They served electromagnetic and alchemical purposes. People's pieces were based off their aura and solar anatomy. When we look at jewelry today, it's completely useless and has no functional purpose except for broadcasting social status and serves no purpose except to promote lifestyles that aren't anything more than commercial concepts. Every piece of architecture, clothing design, masonry (stone work) had a meaning, purpose, and function.   

Our concept and ideas about masonry are nothing but a continuation of the craft throughout all time. Different cultures have had custodianship and some have abused "power"(PRWR-PR=House, WR=Heru) and become addicted. But that still shouldn't keep people from losing sight of what is going on currently in media. Kanye and Jay and all of them are doing there roles. They are leading us through revelations.Revealing the game to the masses. People need to stop hating and confusing others about this stuff and start some scholarly research if you really talkin bout it. 
Cartune & Torgriffith
pimp.gif

happy too see some of yall are awake. i would drop knowledge but there too much too summarize. Just know theres powers at be that dont want you too know the real history. not "his-story" there are 17 royal families that run the world. an have been for centuries. I know this for a fact because i have over heard meetings. People i know are in the biz of monetizing assets for these families. They have enough money too fix the US deficit 10 times over. *throws up the rock in front of the right eye*
oh yea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monetization

happy too see some of yall are awake. i would drop knowledge but there too much too summarize. Just know theres powers at be that dont want you too know the real history. not "his-story" there are 17 royal families that run the world. an have been for centuries. I know this for a fact because i have over heard meetings. People i know are in the biz of monetizing assets for these families. They have enough money too fix the US deficit 10 times over. *throws up the rock in front of the right eye*
oh yea

Anyone dig into Hinduism?

I think if any "religion/culuture" promotes inter-discovery its Hinduism. The meditation, repreZENtation of the Gods, and ancient history it has is mind blowing, more so than Ancient Egypt's history.

*peep the sig*

anyone ever listen to Alan Watts? interesting philosophy/stuff he brings to light
pimp.gif
I got a few of his cd's on my hard drive

Anyone dig into Hinduism?

I think if any "religion/culuture" promotes inter-discovery its Hinduism. The meditation, repreZENtation of the Gods, and ancient history it has is mind blowing, more so than Ancient Egypt's history.

*peep the sig*

anyone ever listen to Alan Watts? interesting philosophy/stuff he brings to light
pimp.gif
I got a few of his cd's on my hard drive

pimp.gif
ReTroJs10 wrote:

oh yea

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In this information age, all the data we create on these social networking websites is what they are monetizing. I mean look at soulja boy. Look at antoine dodson. People gonna realize that we feed the beast with our own nonsense. 

pimp.gif
ReTroJs10 wrote:

oh yea

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In this information age, all the data we create on these social networking websites is what they are monetizing. I mean look at soulja boy. Look at antoine dodson. People gonna realize that we feed the beast with our own nonsense. 

pimp.gif
ReTroJs10 wrote:

oh yea
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

16i76us.jpg

pimp.gif
ReTroJs10 wrote:

oh yea
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

16i76us.jpg

Originally Posted by ReTroJs10

oh yea
...and what tho

oh yea
...and what tho

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

oh yea
...and what tho
ng57cg.jpg

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

oh yea
...and what tho
ng57cg.jpg

No one has ever told me i was inferior in any aspects of life. Have people done this to my fellow Moors,negro, blacks,Nubian, Africans ? If so what did you do about it?

No one has ever told me i was inferior in any aspects of life. Have people done this to my fellow Moors,negro, blacks,Nubian, Africans ? If so what did you do about it?

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Once again NTers talking....having no clue what they are talking about. Look I am a huge fan of egyptian culture and ideologies. And I DO believe that the Egyptians were the "golden era hall of fame race", and I agree that they influenced other cultures....NOT because they did first, but because they took other peoples ideas and took it to the extreme.

to say they are responsible for 90% of the world's progression, is extreme to say the least.

-The Juice

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Once again NTers talking....having no clue what they are talking about. Look I am a huge fan of egyptian culture and ideologies. And I DO believe that the Egyptians were the "golden era hall of fame race", and I agree that they influenced other cultures....NOT because they did first, but because they took other peoples ideas and took it to the extreme.

to say they are responsible for 90% of the world's progression, is extreme to say the least.

-The Juice

40592_638298073634_25307266_36154286_8254336_n.jpg

Dude is trying to convey that he is in the middle of warring factions with a sword over his own head thru his own halo.

He is wearing Horus in chains( bondage) around his neck.

The frame around his image is broken by the sword

It's more than entertainment and Kanye is putting it out there. 

The artwork is "classical renaissance" , hieroglyphs from khemet (modern day egypt), and modern w/ him in the midst showing continuity thru the ages.

It looks like a movie production companies logo expanded

columbia_pictures_logo_520.jpg

Tri_Star_pictures_flying_horse.jpg

Dude is trying to convey that he is in the middle of warring factions with a sword over his own head thru his own halo.

The artwork is "classical renaissance" , hieroglyphs from khemet (modern day egypt), and modern w/ him in the midst showing continuity thru the ages.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Once again NTers talking....having no clue what they are talking about. Look I am a huge fan of egyptian culture and ideologies. And I DO believe that the Egyptians were the "golden era hall of fame CULTURE", and I agree that they influenced other cultures....NOT because they did first, but because they took other peoples ideas and took it to the extreme. They were also influenced BY OTHER cultures as well. 

-The Juice

I corrected it for ya Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Once again NTers talking....having no clue what they are talking about. Look I am a huge fan of egyptian culture and ideologies. And I DO believe that the Egyptians were the "golden era hall of fame CULTURE", and I agree that they influenced other cultures....NOT because they did first, but because they took other peoples ideas and took it to the extreme. They were also influenced BY OTHER cultures as well. 

-The Juice

I corrected it for ya Juice

the art work is more baroque than classical renaissance

baroque:

[font=arial, helvetica, verdana]Baroque was born in Italy, and later adopted in France, Germany, Netherlands, and Spain. The word "baroque" was first applied to the art of period from the late 1500s to the late 1700s, by critics in the late nineteen century. Baroque covers a wide range of styles and artists.
   In painting and sculpture we recognize three main forms of Baroque:

Baroque that was primarily associated with the religious tensions within Western Christianity: division on Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. In response to the Protestant Reformation of the early sixteen century, the Roman Catholic Church had embarked in the 1550s on a program of renewal known as the Counter - Reformation. As part of the program, the Catholic Church used art of the magnificent display for the campaign. It was intended to be both doctrinally correct and visually and emotionally appealing so that it could influence the largest possible audience. But as the century progressed the style made inroads into the Protestant countries. Main representatives of this form of Baroque were Bernini and Rubens.
   Baroque that use revolutionary technique of dramatic, selective illumination of figures out of deep shadow - a hallmark of Baroque painting. Contrary to the traditional idealized interpretation of religious subjects, Baroque realistically presents models from the streets. Caravaggio is key painter of this form of Baroque.
   Baroque that was developed mainly in Flemish countries emphasis realism of everyday life. It has been seen in works of Rembrandt and Vermeer.

At the same time, scientific advances and exploration with the development of the press, forced Europeans to change the view of the world. New knowledge in astronomy was of great importance. In the eighteen century scientific literature became so plenteous, that the period has gotten the name - Age of Enlightenment. Economic growth in most European countries and Colonial America, both North and South, helped create a large, prosperous middle class ardent to invest in fine houses and even palaces. The art produced in the American colonies was closely related to that of Europe.
   The new Baroque style is a dynamic art which reflects the growth of absolutist monarchies and is suitable to manifest power. It is also known as "the style of absolutism". Baroque is a style in which painters, sculptors, and architects rummaged emotion, movement, and variety in their works. Baroque favors higher volumes, exaggerates decorations, adds colossal sculptures, huge furniture etc. Sense of movement, energy, and tension are dominant impressions. Strong contrasts of light and shadow often enhance dramatic effects. In architecture, there was a special attention given to animation and grandeur achieved through scale, the dramatic use of light and shadow.

http://www.huntfor.com/ar...17th-mid19th/baroque.htm

[/font]

the art work is more baroque than classical renaissance

baroque:

[font=arial, helvetica, verdana]Baroque was born in Italy, and later adopted in France, Germany, Netherlands, and Spain. The word "baroque" was first applied to the art of period from the late 1500s to the late 1700s, by critics in the late nineteen century. Baroque covers a wide range of styles and artists.
   In painting and sculpture we recognize three main forms of Baroque:

Baroque that was primarily associated with the religious tensions within Western Christianity: division on Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. In response to the Protestant Reformation of the early sixteen century, the Roman Catholic Church had embarked in the 1550s on a program of renewal known as the Counter - Reformation. As part of the program, the Catholic Church used art of the magnificent display for the campaign. It was intended to be both doctrinally correct and visually and emotionally appealing so that it could influence the largest possible audience. But as the century progressed the style made inroads into the Protestant countries. Main representatives of this form of Baroque were Bernini and Rubens.
   Baroque that use revolutionary technique of dramatic, selective illumination of figures out of deep shadow - a hallmark of Baroque painting. Contrary to the traditional idealized interpretation of religious subjects, Baroque realistically presents models from the streets. Caravaggio is key painter of this form of Baroque.
   Baroque that was developed mainly in Flemish countries emphasis realism of everyday life. It has been seen in works of Rembrandt and Vermeer.

At the same time, scientific advances and exploration with the development of the press, forced Europeans to change the view of the world. New knowledge in astronomy was of great importance. In the eighteen century scientific literature became so plenteous, that the period has gotten the name - Age of Enlightenment. Economic growth in most European countries and Colonial America, both North and South, helped create a large, prosperous middle class ardent to invest in fine houses and even palaces. The art produced in the American colonies was closely related to that of Europe.
   The new Baroque style is a dynamic art which reflects the growth of absolutist monarchies and is suitable to manifest power. It is also known as "the style of absolutism". Baroque is a style in which painters, sculptors, and architects rummaged emotion, movement, and variety in their works. Baroque favors higher volumes, exaggerates decorations, adds colossal sculptures, huge furniture etc. Sense of movement, energy, and tension are dominant impressions. Strong contrasts of light and shadow often enhance dramatic effects. In architecture, there was a special attention given to animation and grandeur achieved through scale, the dramatic use of light and shadow.

http://www.huntfor.com/ar...17th-mid19th/baroque.htm

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom