Music Audio Heads... Dre Beats are they really garbage?

Don't let snobs fool you.

They are not garbage, if you want some stylish headphones, with some big bass and an excellent warranty they are what you want but if you are looking for pure audio quality you can find better sound quality for cheaper.

But again don't take my word for it, most people aren't really looking for the mosst accurate sound quality but cans that make the music that you listen to sound good, so try them before you buy. I have Senhiser 600 but most cats would rather listen to the Beats because ultimately it's subjective.

Bose on the other hand unless you really want the noise canceling I would stay away. 
laugh.gif

I don't like em, they sound very hollow & bassy to me. Also, of the 8-10 people i know that got em, 6 of the people had the headphones snap in half. You would think they'd fix that...

Originally Posted by budahbro

coming from someone who has carried numerous jobs in the audio field, installation, sales, marketing. Bose is trash, biggest misconception is that ppl think bose is high quality.
on that note if you cant tell the difference from quality to mediocre models who cares what anyone else thinks, if you spend that money on some beats by dre of on some expensive bose headphones and enjoy the sound, than thats all that really matters. Use to waste time explaining to clients the difference in bang & olufsen vs harmon kardon, pioneer etc but in the end unless your an audiophile, most of us, myself included, really wont notice/ appreciate the subtle differences. try them at the store if you can justify spending that skrill than more power to you.
what headphones do you recommend?

Garbage? No.

Are they worth the money? Hell no.

You're buying a brand not buying quality. Monster products are overpriced to begin with, add on top of that putting Dr. Dre's endorsement on it = wwaaaayyy overpriced. Yes they're better than some of the stuff you can pick up off the shelf at your local store, but you're spending more money than they're worth.

not worth it. I bought some $30 headphones sounds way better then them./ They do feel nice eon your ear but thats about it

Originally Posted by CWrite78

athm50.jpg
if you want bass.

i think all dre beats are ugly as hell also

Came in to post this. I got my pair for $115 on Amazon and they blow away Beats. Better, tighter and stronger bass and lots of detail and most importantly almost no music leak and good noise cancelling. These headphones are some of the best for the money. A little bulky, yes but they are incredible for the price.

Originally Posted by jc619er

athm50.jpg
if you want bass.

Came in to post this. I got my pair for $115 on Amazon and they blow away Beats. Better, tighter and stronger bass and lots of detail and most importantly almost no music leak and good noise cancelling. These headphones are some of the best for the money. A little bulky, yes but they are incredible for the price.

Model on these?

i have a pair of bose and a pair of beats. both were gifts from my dad, so i'm not complaining, but neither are what i would have picked.

i received the bose like january of 09. i've had to mail them back THREE times. each time i've been given a new pair - they come with a one year warranty, but it's absurd. if outside the one year i'd be screwed. not to mention the month you're without phones

one pair i hardly used, none of them abused. each time one cup would go out. this time they sent a different model (i guess they remodeled em). i haven't even opened em since he got me the beats. the beats sound really good for some stuff and trash for others.

summary - don't buy either. or buy the beats if you just wanna stunt

I Dj down here in Miami and I was given a pair of these to try. They were by far the WORST pro headphones I had used in a while. I could only keep the headphone sound on my mixer marginally loud, and they leaked like crazy. I'm not sure what sound they cancelled but it wasn't enough by any means. Looks wise yes they are cool, but if you are spending that amount of money on headphones, you should expect Looks AND Quality. 

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

athm50.jpg
if you want bass.

Model on these?

i have the beats and yes they are overpriced but they are not garbage.....

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

athm50.jpg
if you want bass.

Model on these?

audio technica m50(coiled cable)/m50s(straight cable)

Bought the Solo HD Beats a month ago, and they are very underwhelming.  Definitely not worth the price; however, I've kept it due to its microphone support for phones

I bought a pair of B&W P5's. Same price as the Beats, won't go quite as low as the Beats, but the accuracy is incredible. Only thing I don't like is they aren't active noise canceling so if I turn the volume up people can hear my +!%*.
Overall though, one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

I've never regretted buying my Bose noise canceling headphones.

bose.jpg

pimp.gif

TBH if you REALLY want noise cancelling then get these lol. I swear the world could be ending and youre just chilling bumping and youd have no idea
smokin.gif
(never used that smiley before btw lol)

no audio expert

but i have had studio and studio pros ...

i liked them personally.

buy what you like... no need to run to NT for peoples opinions.

a lot of these folks go in on you ... when it comes to these particular headphones i've noticed.

look at the money we spend on sneakers... that sometimes only get worn a couple times, or sit boxed up just to say you have bought the same exact shoe in the 100th colorway just to complete a set ... 

if you have the means, and you like them, whether it's because of the look, sound or a combination of both

buy what you like, forget what others think

good luck to you

Back
Top Bottom