Music Forum random thoughts/confessions

I think that Kid Cudi album is trash

Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" is one of the great songs of the past 10 yrs

The-Dream is the best r&b performer/writer out right now, but quite possibly the worst singer

I haven't listened to a Tupac song in at least a year

We need a hip hop/r&b forum, and an 'everything else' forum

Blueprint 3 hasn't gotten play since the first week it dropped

best rock album of the 2000s is The Strokes "Is This It"

best r&b album of the 2000s is D'Angelo "Voodoo"

i wish Kings Of Leon wasn't the next big stadium rock band

i miss J Dilla

Black Album is Jay-Z's best

Confession:

Outta all the people in this forum, I only respect the opinions of about 10 to 12 of y'all - the rest of y'all Ns just wastin' bandwith.

I enjoy a few songs off the New Boyz album
smh.gif

CuDi's Man On The Moon is the album of the year

How Fly, So Far Gone, and The Warm Up are in the top 5 mixtapes of the year

Gucci mane is garbage as a rapper, but a superb entertainer
laugh.gif
... and he's gettin better. guess he had nowhere to go but up tho

I only have about 7 tupac songs on my computer

Blueprint 3 isn't trash but it's so remotely far from good it's not funny

OB4CL2 is the rap album of the year as of 10/14

Drakes not going anywhere. Doesn't mean his music is good.

Mobb music is back in the biulding

Gucci!

Do Blue Sky Black Death qualify as hip hop? Regardless Late Night Cinema is one of the best albums of the decade, ANY genre.

Lupe, Game, Clipse, Kanye, and Jeezy are all aproaching definitive moments in their careers.

The Jack Artist is the best west coast album of the decade. Runner up ms include the Documentary, Below the Heavens, Mind Over Matter(2000 right?)

Raphael Saadiqs The Way I See It is a masterpiece that transcends decades.

what the hell is Wyclef and Mary J Blige's 911 about? i've wondered for years and still haven't come up with an answer...i think domestic violencebut i'm not sure...

its bittersweet watching an artist you felt like only you listened to blow up...its cool cuz they are getting the shine you feel they deserve but then theradio (and everyone else) ruin something you use to listen to over and over without getting tired of...

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Blueprint 3 isn't trash but it's so remotely far from good it's not funny
I swear I was gonna make a BP3 isn't that great thread ... it has it's moments .. but it's that great

Hey_

- I scarcely listen to new Hip-Hop anymore, just classic standards.
- The only time I'll get interested in a new Hip-Hop/Rap artist, is if Boney Starks and one other NTer co-signs him/her.
- I hate the fact that black people divorce themselves from the music we were instrumental in creating/are responsible for. (blues/rock/country)
- I think people need to get the stars out of their eyes when reviewing products from the artists they like.
- Mediocrity has become the new standard, and I $%!!$$' hate that fact. (in all mediums of art and expression)
- The production on Cudi's album was dope.
- I wonder if they're are any Afropunks on NT.
- A select few members review things with full thoughts and eloquence, the rest is just dribble.
- I was a bit harsh towards Seeing Sounds.
- I really wanna make a posts about a few local groups in Orlando that I believe in, but one has this foxy %@* chick in the band and I know NT would harass herto no end.
- I'm mad that my friend started an account for me on SC but I can't post yet, and its been weeks.
- Afrika Bambataa had been doin' that futuristic stuff since he started out, and Hip-Hop has just recently circled back around to it and embraced it.
- At the time In My Mind released, I wanted to slap the #$!# outta Pharrell. That album shoulda stayed in his damn mind.
- I still buy cds.
- I'm not too fond of people samplin' Jimi.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Confession:

Outta all the people in this forum, I only respect the opinions of about 10 to 12 of y'all - the rest of y'all Ns just wastin' bandwith.
Pretty much. Maybe 15-17 for me tho'.

This thread is different from the usual and that's not bad - I'll come in here later and post random *#$*.

[the bolded print is for emphasis]

It seems BP3 is still on the minds of so many who thought it was wack.

Outkast is the best rap group of all time and no one can convince me otherwise. (yes this includes Wu, PE and Mobb Deep)

The Inspiration and the Recession are very slept on albums, everyone always talks about TM101, but these two get just as much play from me.

Where's the love on NT for G-Unit when they were in their prime. (Hunger for More, Beg For Mercy, Straight Outta Cashville, Documentary, Buck TheWorld) Never seen a thread discussing any of these albums.

Wale's album is shaping up nicely, can't wait till it drops.

Fabolous I Miss My Love and Jay-Z Already Home are my favorite songs of '09.

You know who provides nothing but classic hooks/features............... Marsha Ambrosius (formerly of Floetry)
pimp.gif

I'm on Gucci overload. Come out with an album of your OWN already and we'll see if you're as hot as everyone thinks.

Seems like OB4CL dropped, thread exploded and now we get barely a discussion about it anymore other than the same sentence, album of the year. Where's theactual discussion at?

Justin Timberlake's FS/LS was a masterpiece, The Dream doesn't hold a candle to this.

Robin Thicke's "swag" in the Lay Back video was
roll.gif

Cudi shoud have My World or Cudi Zone as his next single, not Pursuit of Happiness. I hope this Hyyer Remix is forreal, I called it as soon as I heard the songthat Bone Thugs belong on it.

Is it safe to say that if you had to name one song of Jay-Z's catalog that EVERYONE likes it would be Allure?

Where's Just Blaze?

Jamie Foxx's Intuition album was highly slept on as a collective, everyone only remembers the singles.

Slim Thug's Already Platinum was a banger.

I'm listening to Mos Def's The Panties right now, perfect song to smash to
pimp.gif

- I think Lupe is trash, he can spit but I like maybe 1 or 2 songs he has.

- BP3 sucks.

- Rap/Hip-Hop ha no direction anymore, the sooner it dies as a form of popular music the better, than it will go back to the essence.

- I scarcely listen to new Hip-Hop anymore, just classic standards.

This.

-First: BP3 was the biggest letdown of 2009, music-wise. In other words, very weak and over hyped.
-I havent purchased an album myself this whole year. Not one.
-I feel that Nas's Untitled album doesn't get enough credit.
-I havent even listened to Kid Cudi's album....and Im from Cleveland.
laugh.gif

-I miss the old Wu-Tang and CNN.
-I cant stand hip-hop radio stations.
-Hip-Hop is in its most superficial stage ever. Ever.
-Sade has the most soulful and desirable music ever.
-Wale is the BIGGEST hypebeast ive ever seen..and he just happen to be a rapper.

-Lupe is the next one in line...

This is only what ive been thinking of lately.

Kid A is crazy...I just got put onto that #@#!

I don't mess with rock like that either but after a few spins
eek.gif

Confession:

The only thing I wanted to say.

- Pink Floyd are my favorite band, but I don't like The Wall. It's odd, most Pink Floyd fans tell me thatit's their favorite Pink Floyd album. It happens to be the only album from them that I don't like.

- I couldn't lie to myself about Alicia Keys' last album; it was just bad.

- Amy Winehouse's Frank album was better than her Back to Black album. Bothwere great, though. I love her voice.

- Panda Bear's Person Pitch is fantastic.

- Shara Worden is my favorite vocalist at the moment.

Im not a big fan of Reasonable doubt

Wiz Khalifa sucks

the Kanye slurping in this forum is ridiculous

Tupac aint all that

Prodigy's verse on who shot ya is underratted

this is the year of mixtapes

ratatat is
pimp.gif

Currensy sucks also

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Im not a big fan of Reasonable doubt

Wiz Khalifa sucks

the Kanye slurping in this forum is ridiculous

Tupac aint all that

Prodigy's verse on who shot ya is underratted

this is the year of mixtapes

ratatat is
pimp.gif

Currensy sucks also
wut?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Confession:

Beat me to it. Carry On.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Confession:

Beat me to it. Carry On.

Honestly, i give a DAMN about who's opinion ya'll do and dont respect.

Taking the internet serious FTL.

- I haven't really realized how big Wayne has gotten (no @$@+)
- Wayne has the worst jockriders
- "Weezy F. Baby" is the dumbest nickname ever
- Dwayne Carter is a terrible rapper
- Gucci Mane and Jay-Z need to have a contest to see who has the bigger lips
- Tupac is vastly overrated
- Missy Elliott is amazing

dr. dre is the best producer of all time. not beatmaker, but producer.

2pac and outkast are two of the best acts in music history.

the comparisons/debates y'all get into on here are exhausting, pointless and a waste of energy.

Back
Top Bottom