Muslim NTers

Do you guys usually stay up on your prayer? I usually get up on time to do Fajr, and Zuhr and Isha I always do, but for both midafternoon prayers I am usually at work or at school so I miss them. The ones you miss do you guys just add the rakats to the next prayer time or do you justskip it?

No thread jack, but is it true that all you need to convert to Islam, is to say that you submit to Allah?

I give mad respect to those who keep up their prayers. This is kind of shameful to admit, but I never really did pray even when I was more religious. But whatcounts is what you believe in your heart, right?

I have been more Agnostic in the last couple of years, but I still have some Islamic culture instilled in me.

This is kind of off topic...I once saw this man on the bus...He was wearing the traditional cultural garb and those Muslim hats. For some reason, I was soappealed to just look at him. There was all this noise on the bus, but then when I looked at him, all that noise was shut out. The sunlight coming in from thewindow was brightly shining on him. He was reading a Qur'an. But, for that moment, I felt serenity and peace just looking at him because I knew he was atpeace with himself. It brought tears to my eyes. There was just this whole aura about him. I just found it so beautiful. When sometimes I feel like I want toget back into my faith, I just think of that man and the moment I saw him on that bus sitting there just not minding the craziness and all the hustle and noisearound him and the feeling that overcame me. The fact that he seemed at so much peace with himself and conquered himself, you can tell he knows what is hisreason for being. It just struck me so much.

haven't prayed in 5 years:\
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

One of my old college roommates was from Iraq....dude kept on his prayers daily on time!
i cant tell you how many times I knocked on his door and heard him in there speaking Arabic...felt so ashamed I was disturbing his peace...

To be honest, nah. I don't pray regularly, but when I do, I'm at work most of the day, so I gotta make them up when I get home.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

No thread jack, but is it true that all you need to convert to Islam, is to say that you submit to Allah?
Yes, that is true its called the Shadaha.
"I bear witness there is no God except Allah, and Muhammed is the messanger."

i was born muslim, quickly realized it's bs, now u muslims gonna kill me? technically what i did deserves the death penalty.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

i was born muslim, quickly realized it's bs, now u muslims gonna kill me? technically what i did deserves the death penalty.
why would we kill you? we don't care if your Muslim or not, that's really your loss.

CrunkJuicedUp wrote:
i was born a Muslim my parents from a strict afghani heritage and i dont know how 2 pray at all....... i feel bad about it everyday but it seems i never have time 2 learn.

Same with me, I just got up and went to a Masjid one day and learned, also a lot of my Muslim friends helped.

Originally Posted by HangTight

why would we kill you? we don't care if your Muslim or not, that's really your loss.
nobody wants to kill you, and as muslims were not supposed to give up on you either... were supposed to try and bring u back as well as nonmuslimsto the faith.

also, we gotta realize prayer is one of the 5 pillars of islam so its really really important...

1)Shahada - belief in God and His messenger Muhammad
2)Prayer
3)Charity
4)Fasting during Ramadan
5)Hajj - the pilgrimage to Mecca

so if we dont do anyone of those, it really is a huge deal. and we all use excuses like "oh im at work/school so i cant pray"... we still have to dothem on time regardless. whether its praying in classrooms/offices, on the sidewalk or in the mall... when that times comes, u gotta do what u gotta do.inshaAllah we can all make the effort

Learning how to pray isn't that hard. Not having time shouldn't be an excuse, if you devote about 30 mins a day for a couple of days, you'll knowhow to pray after 3-4 days.

You just need to learn 2 short chapters of the Quran (opening chapter is like 8 short lines) and any other chapter (some chapters are like 3-4 lines, 3-5 wordsper line). After that, a few more lines and you're set. Ask someone to teach you, if they laugh or ask you any stupid questions, slap them across the headand tell them to mind their own business.

That being said, I rarely pray anymore. I used to be super religious like 8 years ago but I have slowly become less religious as the days go on. I thinkI'll always be a Muslim though.

denouncing islam after you are a muslim is a crime punishable by death, according to quran. step yo game up, wannabe muslims.

apostasy is a capital crime in islam, so when's the punishment guys? please don't make it too painful.
Thanks for your comments and intelligent inquires.

To start with, we must make it clear that it is absurd for anyone to suggest that Islam allows putting people to death just because they convert to anotherreligion. To kill anyone who chooses to follow a religion other than Islam is against the fundamental teachings of Islam.

Moreover, the Islamic concept of freedom is unique and distinct. Freedom, as far as Islam is concerned, is a right and duty at the same time. It is the rightthat every individual enjoys as long as he or she does not harm society. Unlike Muslims, other people are confused in determining the specific meaning offreedom; some of them give priority to the individuals' interest over that of the society while others adopt the opposite attitude. Islam, however, strikesa balance between individuals' right to freedom and the society's interests and security.

Freedom of religion is one of the fundamental rights of humans enshrined in the Qur'an. Even a casual reader of the Qur'an will be impressed by itsemphasis on the freedom of conscience as a cornerstone of its moral structure.

In full conformity with the teachings of the Qur'an, neither the Prophet (pbuh) nor any of the four Rightly Guided Caliphs whosucceeded him were in the habit of hunting down and executing people who changed their religion. Rather, they refrained from doing so except in rare casesinvolving treason.

Treason, however, isanother matter. The punishment for treason in the Qur'an is as strict as it is in the Hebrew Bible. But it must never be confused with a mere religiousconversion. It is known that all states have an absolute right to punish anyone who is proven, beyond any shadow of doubt, to be disloyal and guilty oftreason.

Given the above, itbecomes crystal clear that the issue of the penalty prescribed for apostasy is dependent on the public interest of the nation. Therefore, there is no harm inignoring the apostasy of an individual as long as he or she does not harm the nation. On the other hand, if a group of apostates endangers the security andinterests of the community, then the ruler of a Muslim state should consider them to be a danger and threat to society. Islam doesn't force anybody toconvert to Islam or to remain Muslim. Freedom of religion is guaranteed as long as the community's interests are secure.

Yes you make up the prayers that you missed and continue after. For me..say is i do fajr and and then i miss zuhr asri then it time for magrib...I'llperform the rakats I missed first before doing magrib.

Juve9ile18 wrote:
Yes you make up the prayers that you missed and continue after. For me..say is i do fajr and and then i miss zuhr asri then it time for magrib...I'll perform the rakats I missed first before doing magrib.
Thanks, I was just making sure I was doing it correctly. I appreciate it.

Not to get off topic, but I have a question..I'm a Christian, and in no way am I coming in here to judge Muslims or their religion, and I've alwaysbeen a person who likes to learn about things I don't have a clue about..So my question is this, can someone tell me the basics to the Muslim religion?..

apostasy is still punishable by death, even if it is frowned upon. hadith says so. terrible precedent.

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three yearslater. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow in his footsteps.

apostasy is still punishable by death, even if it is frowned upon. hadith says so. terrible precedent.

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three yearslater. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow in his footsteps.

casekicks wrote:
Not to get off topic, but I have a question..I'm a Christian, and in no way am I coming in here to judge Muslims or their religion, and I've always been a person who likes to learn about things I don't have a clue about..So my question is this, can someone tell me the basics to the Muslim religion?..
Islamis a monotheistic religion from the seventh century. Islam itself means "submission", and a follower of Islam is called a Muslim, meaning "onewho submits to God." AllMuslims believe in the Holy Qur'an in which it was sent down from God to the Prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel. Muslims believe that theQur'an is the pure and holy word of God.

There are 6 Articles of Faith in Islam, with #1 being God.
The main belief and concept of Islam is that there is only one God and one God only. Allah (the Arabic translation to the word God) alone is the creator of allthe universe. To a Muslim, Allah is almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, who is similar to nothing and nothing is comparable to Allah. Islamrejects characterizing God in any human form or depicting Allah as favoring certain individuals or nations on the basis of wealth, power or race. He createdthe human beings as equals. They may distinguish themselves and get His favor through prayer. Muslims also believe Allah has no shape or form, nor is Allahmale or female, has no children, parents, or partners, and there are no equal, superior, or lesser Gods. Muslims only worship Allah, Allah is the only worthyto worship.

- Belief in Allahs Angles
- Belief in the Scriptures
- Belief in the Prophets
- Belief in the Afterlife
- Divine Creed

We also have 5 Pillars of Faith:
-Shahada (Testominy of Faith)
- Salat (Prayer)
- Zakat (Charity)
- Fasting during the time of Ramadan
- Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca)

Back