Muslim NTers

there are two sources of info on how to live your life in islam:

1. the quran
2. the sunnah

the sunnah is the life and teachings of muhammad (pbuh).

" Muslims yellin free the mind" -Nas
smokin.gif

i do and keep up and all my prayers and im still in high school, its kinda tough stopping football practice so i can get asr in, so if i can do it in themiddle of practice there shouldnt be excuses for anyone. but what really gets me is that we are suppose to pray every prayer at the mosque. this seemsimpossible to me any truth behind it. for awhile i prayed isha at the mosque but no ive been too busy and maybe go once a week instead. for any words ofencouragement or questions pm me

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

apostasy is still punishable by death, even if it is frowned upon. hadith says so. terrible precedent.

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three years later. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow in his footsteps.

lets look at the sory of our prophet (pbuh). this marriage was a sign of respect to show the quality of his friendship with Abu bakr, so then he married her atthe age of six. Back 1400 years ago women matured alot faster and many women had children by the time they were 12 because their maturity level. plus back thenlife expectancy wasnt that long, maybe about 40-50 years. so if that old age imagine when normal maturing age is. so look at it this way, girls now mature at16 but are expected to 70-80 years, you see that ratio? its about the same now that u think about it before denouncing a prophet of god.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

apostasy is still punishable by death, even if it is frowned upon. hadith says so. terrible precedent.

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three years later. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow in his footsteps.

lets look at the sory of our prophet (pbuh). this marriage was a sign of respect to show the quality of his friendship with Abu bakr, so then he married her at the age of six. Back 1400 years ago women matured alot faster and many women had children by the time they were 12 because their maturity level. plus back then life expectancy wasnt that long, maybe about 40-50 years. so if that old age imagine when normal maturing age is. so look at it this way, girls now mature at 16 but are expected to 70-80 years, you see that ratio? its about the same now that u think about it before denouncing a prophet of god.

Thanks for yourcomments and intelligent inquires once again.

Any impartial observer can distinguish between crass insults, and scholarly criticisms of Islam. Insults are usually self-evident,conveyed using pejorative terms that are intended to denigrate and mock. With that said I will answer your question.

We first need totake note that today's society is nothing like the past. All the reports state that Ayesha (RA) went to live with the Prophet (pbuh) as His wife, after shehad reached puberty. She and her parents fully consented to the marriage. There was no criticism issued at that time and subsequently, by Muslims andnon-Muslims. Hence, this was in accordance to the prevailing custom, and the age old tradition of girls marrying at puberty.

However, the allegation persists, because I believe you are trying to argue that Ayesha (RA) was still a child regardless of her attaining puberty? In thatcase, what is the universally accepted definition that distinguishes a child from an adult for all periods of time? Surely it cannot be something as arbitraryas 18 or 16, as is the case in many Western countries, and such distinction is meaningless when you consider that most people below those ages are sexuallyactive. Are we under any obligation to accept their assertions in blind-faith that Ayesha was a child?

It should also benoted that even today the age of consent in many parts of the world is around 12-14. Age of consent in the USA was 10 hardly 100 years ago and 11 in the UK.Mary (RA) the mother of Jesus (pbuh) according to the Oxford Dictionary of the Bible was pregnant at the age of 12 and married of to Joseph between the ages of7 and 9. The Christian Byzantine emperors and nobilities also had bride as young as 8 years old. The gay communities in secular societies are constantly tryingto lowering the age of consent. From the definition of Islam, Ayesha was a woman. Islam makes puberty (physical capacity) and mental capacity thedistinguishing factor between a responsible adult and a child.

Now let'sopen our history books and take a look back:

Did theByzantines not marry between the ages of 8-12?

Did the Mongolsnot marry between the ages of 7-12?
Did the Pilgrimswho settled in America not marry at the ages of 9-15?

paliplaya2010 wrote:
i do and keep up and all my prayers and im still in high school, its kinda tough stopping football practice so i can get asr in, so if i can do it in the middle of practice there shouldnt be excuses for anyone. but what really gets me is that we are suppose to pray every prayer at the mosque. this seems impossible to me any truth behind it. for awhile i prayed isha at the mosque but no ive been too busy and maybe go once a week instead. for any words of encouragement or questions pm me
It is good to pray at the Mosque but praying there is not manditory except friday.

The only idea i never could figure out is Name Change why if converting to Muslim must you change your original name? ex: Cassius Clay = Muhhamad Ali

Originally Posted by HangTight

apostasy is a capital crime in islam, so when's the punishment guys? please don't make it too painful.
Thanks for your comments and intelligent inquires.

To start with, we must make it clear that it is absurd for anyone to suggest that Islam allows putting people to death just because they convert to another religion. To kill anyone who chooses to follow a religion other than Islam is against the fundamental teachings of Islam.

Moreover, the Islamic concept of freedom is unique and distinct. Freedom, as far as Islam is concerned, is a right and duty at the same time. It is the right that every individual enjoys as long as he or she does not harm society. Unlike Muslims, other people are confused in determining the specific meaning of freedom; some of them give priority to the individuals' interest over that of the society while others adopt the opposite attitude. Islam, however, strikes a balance between individuals' right to freedom and the society's interests and security.

Freedom of religion is one of the fundamental rights of humans enshrined in the Qur'an. Even a casual reader of the Qur'an will be impressed by its emphasis on the freedom of conscience as a cornerstone of its moral structure.

In full conformity with the teachings of the Qur'an, neither the Prophet (pbuh) nor any of the four Rightly Guided Caliphs who succeeded him were in the habit of hunting down and executing people who changed their religion. Rather, they refrained from doing so except in rare cases involving treason.

Treason, however, is another matter. The punishment for treason in the Qur'an is as strict as it is in the Hebrew Bible. But it must never be confused with a mere religious conversion. It is known that all states have an absolute right to punish anyone who is proven, beyond any shadow of doubt, to be disloyal and guilty of treason.

Given the above, it becomes crystal clear that the issue of the penalty prescribed for apostasy is dependent on the public interest of the nation. Therefore, there is no harm in ignoring the apostasy of an individual as long as he or she does not harm the nation. On the other hand, if a group of apostates endangers the security and interests of the community, then the ruler of a Muslim state should consider them to be a danger and threat to society. Islam doesn't force anybody to convert to Islam or to remain Muslim. Freedom of religion is guaranteed as long as the community's interests are secure.

Interesting read. How does "mainstream" Islam view the extremist portions which believe and actively pursue the death of non-believers?

paliplaya2010 wrote:
i do and keep up and all my prayers and im still in high school, its kinda tough stopping football practice so i can get asr in, so if i can do it in the middle of practice there shouldnt be excuses for anyone. but what really gets me is that we are suppose to pray every prayer at the mosque. this seems impossible to me any truth behind it. for awhile i prayed isha at the mosque but no ive been too busy and maybe go once a week instead. for any words of encouragement or questions pm me
It is good to pray at the Mosque but praying there is not manditory except friday.

i actually think its mandatory for all men to pray in the mosque. im just not at that level yet but im pretty sure its mandatory. ask someone orlook it up o rmaybe even prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

To be honest, nah. I don't pray regularly, but when I do, I'm at work most of the day, so I gotta make them up when I get home.

Yeah, that's what I do too.

Apostasy is punishable by death in some Islamic countries. However, they just use religion as a tool to implement their agendas and to entrenchtheir laws. Nothing of the apostasy law is derived from the Qur'an. As for hadiths, they are very hard to verify and their authenticity is very hard toprove. The first source should be the Qur'an.

Hangtight and paliplaya answered your second point very well. Moreover, no one knows what truly Aisha's age was since there is debate on how old she was. Ihave heard some claims she married the Prophet when she was 14. Also, how can you take customs that were the norm back then and judge it by today'sstandards? Thousands of years ago, these type of marriages were very much the norm and very common. You think older adult men did not marry child females evenin the Middle Ages in Europe? My great grandfather was 60 when he married my 13 year old great grandmother, and that was the norm in that society whichhappened at times maybe over a century ago. So I do not see the point you are trying to get at with that claim.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

paliplaya2010 wrote:
i actually think its mandatory for all men to pray in the mosque. im just not at that level yet but im pretty sure its mandatory. ask someone or look it up o rmaybe even prove me wrong.

I am no Islamic Scholar in any way but I willtry to answer this. From what I have learned from my Imam along with other Scholars is that the Prophet (pbuh) stated that it is mandatory for every Muslim toattend Salaat Jumu'ah (Friday Prayer).

But you are absolutely right; a lot of Muslimsdo believe it is mandatory to pray at the mosque every day. The reasons behind this, I believe has to do with prayingin a congregation makes Salaat a lot easier. It also becomes more enjoyable, for the concept of equality drives andencourages people. This is very obvious in Ramadan and Friday Salaats.

Praying in congregation also strengthens theprinciple unity among Muslims. When one performs an act of worship in a group, one naturally develops a sense of brotherhood with others in the samegroup.

It also helps build relationships among Muslimsfrom different races and ethnic groups. This leads to visitations, marriages, business and partnerships, all of which translates into a better and morecooperative community.

Also wisdom behind the congregational prayerand perhaps the most important one is the great reward of Allah. The Messenger (pbuh) explained in the hadiiths such as "A man's Salaat incongregation equals 27 folds of Salaat by oneself."

Finally is that it stressed the concept ofequality among people. When the rows are established, we observe that all people stand beside each other: rich and poor, black and white, young andold.

Unfortunately, due the lifestyle in the west,this is very difficult for many Muslims to attend prayer at a Mosque. Some of us just don't have a Mosque nearby and it could be hoursaway.

The most important thing to know is that weshould perform Salaat 5 times a day without any excuses no matter where you pray at. Truthfully Allah knows best, and knows our trueintentions.

OP, you are aware that your job has to let you perform any religious duties you may have without you clocking out. The law says they must continue to pay youwhile you pray, just as if you were to go to the bathroom, etc.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

apostasy is a capital crime in islam, so when's the punishment guys? please don't make it too painful.
Thanks for your comments and intelligent inquires.

To start with, we must make it clear that it is absurd for anyone to suggest that Islam allows putting people to death just because they convert to another religion. To kill anyone who chooses to follow a religion other than Islam is against the fundamental teachings of Islam.

Moreover, the Islamic concept of freedom is unique and distinct. Freedom, as far as Islam is concerned, is a right and duty at the same time. It is the right that every individual enjoys as long as he or she does not harm society. Unlike Muslims, other people are confused in determining the specific meaning of freedom; some of them give priority to the individuals' interest over that of the society while others adopt the opposite attitude. Islam, however, strikes a balance between individuals' right to freedom and the society's interests and security.

Freedom of religion is one of the fundamental rights of humans enshrined in the Qur'an. Even a casual reader of the Qur'an will be impressed by its emphasis on the freedom of conscience as a cornerstone of its moral structure.

In full conformity with the teachings of the Qur'an, neither the Prophet (pbuh) nor any of the four Rightly Guided Caliphs who succeeded him were in the habit of hunting down and executing people who changed their religion. Rather, they refrained from doing so except in rare cases involving treason.

Treason, however, is another matter. The punishment for treason in the Qur'an is as strict as it is in the Hebrew Bible. But it must never be confused with a mere religious conversion. It is known that all states have an absolute right to punish anyone who is proven, beyond any shadow of doubt, to be disloyal and guilty of treason.

Given the above, it becomes crystal clear that the issue of the penalty prescribed for apostasy is dependent on the public interest of the nation. Therefore, there is no harm in ignoring the apostasy of an individual as long as he or she does not harm the nation. On the other hand, if a group of apostates endangers the security and interests of the community, then the ruler of a Muslim state should consider them to be a danger and threat to society. Islam doesn't force anybody to convert to Islam or to remain Muslim. Freedom of religion is guaranteed as long as the community's interests are secure.

Interesting read. How does "mainstream" Islam view the extremist portions which believe and actively pursue the death of non-believers?

Islam is not radical by any standard as realized by studying the Qur'an . There, however, appeared amongthe Muslims over the last 14 centuries groups of radicals who interpreted Islam in a totally corrupted way to serve their political and social agenda. While itis true that there are radical Muslims, there has never been a radical Islam as the media like to call it. Using the term radical Islam is the wrong use thatreflects ignorance with the facts.

These radical Muslims changed theteachings of Islam using the Hadiths and Sunnats. To make this clear any Hadith or Sunnat that contradicts the Qur'an is considered not authentic andfalse. By doing so, they have been breaking all the peaceful teachings of Allah in the Qur'an. They even broke the laws of the Quran itself by taking theverses out of context to serve their purpose. Allah is therefore very clear in commanding us NOT to take the Qur'an partially as taking the verses out ofcontext or taking some verses while ignoring the other commands that clarify and set the limits on certain laws.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

The only idea i never could figure out is Name Change why if converting to Muslim must you change your original name? ex: Cassius Clay = Muhhamad Ali

To be honest I have no idea why converts to Islamfeel that they need to change their name. Maybe by changing their name they feel as if they are changing their life along with a newbeginning.

Therequirements set by Allah for any person to adopt Islam and become a submitter are simply for that person to proclaim submission to Allah alone, andconsequently observe the rituals required for worshipping Allah alone. I have never come across the Qur'an stating that one should change theirname.

The Qur'an stresses the fact that submissionis a state of the body, mind, and soul and not a name tag over one's head.

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three years later. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow
What made you change your faith brother?

I recognize that you are no longer Muslim, but if it is because of us misinterpretations of things like this, then I would suggest looking further into thereligion before you dismiss

Oh and to answer the initial question, if you do not have time then you should be praying your fard before the next prayer.

For people looking into Islam, I really like this video to explain the scientific evidence in the Qu'ran:

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Islamically, you are not required to change your name, unless your name has a bad or negative meaning. And you are not supposed to change yourlast name.

However, it is often recommended because:
  1. It reminds you that in embracing Islam, you have purified your soul and begun a new way of life, with a new commitment to Allah, leaving behind your other beliefs.
  2. You can choose a name that embodies the qualities that you want for yourself, or you can honor a great woman from the Qur'an or one of the Sahabah (companions of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him).
  3. You don't have to deal with questions from people who are confused about the disparity between your name and religious identity. But this last point is the least important by far.

Man, I'm a Muslim but I've had sex, ate pork, drink alcohol, and smoked etc. But I believe that there is no god except Allah and I'm scared of noone but him. So like, Am i just a bad Muslim?

Originally Posted by SneakrKid

Man, I'm a Muslim but I've had sex, ate pork, drink alcohol, and smoked etc. But I believe that there is no god except Allah and I'm scared of no one but him. So like, Am i just a bad Muslim?
There is a hadith about a man who converted to Islam.

He was a drinker before converting, and a drinker after.

Everyday, he would consume alcohol. And everyday, he would cry asking God for forgiveness.

When the day of judgement comes, God will accept him into Heaven.

The point of the story is to show you that yes, there are guidelines in Islam but no man is perfect, and no man can judge another man.

While we must remember to try and follow the rules of Islam, don't forget that God is most merciful, most forgiving.

So to answer your question, no one can say to you that you are a bad Muslim. I cannot judge you, neither can any other man. Only Allah.

Mo Matik wrote:

on top of that, you are supposed to follow the sunnah of muhammad (pbuh) correct? well he married a six year old and consummated the marriage three years later. that's right, everyone, the prophet of islam had sex with a NINE YEAR OLD. and muslims are supposed to follow
What made you change your faith brother?

I recognize that you are no longer Muslim, but if it is because of us misinterpretations of things like this, then I would suggest looking further into the religion before you dismiss

Oh and to answer the initial question, if you do not have time then you should be praying your fard before the next prayer.

For people looking into Islam, I really like this video to explain the scientific evidence in the Qu'ran:

Zakir Naik had many great points.

smh. haven't any of you taken basic philosophy, that's nothing but the very unsound watchmaker argument for god's existence, doesn't prove athing.

Asalamu alaikum wa ramatuallhi wa barakatu my beloved brothers in Islam! I want to inform you guys that the salah isone of the most important aspects of our deen, and it is what often separates the believer from the nonbeliever. What is more rewarding and beneficial for thesoul than to have a direct connection with its Lord and creator of the heavens and the earth? What is more special than being able to humble yourself fivetimes a day to give thanks to the one that created you and gave you everything good in your life (health, wealth, money, family, food, drink, EVERYTHING)? Itmay be difficult to make all of the prayers at first, but begin with one or two prayers a day, and know what you are reciting from the Quran (ie know themeaning of the surah you are reading). Often times we are robots in the salah, we just recite out of memory, and we do not understand what we are sayingbecause we often don't know Arabic. Look up the translations and seek knowledge, it is your obligation as a muslim. Once you understand the meaning of whatyou are reciting in each of your prayers, I guarantee you will amazed at how addicting the Salah will become and how you will never leave it. The salah is ablessing from Allah, to his slaves. He doesn't need our prayer, it is to our benefit. Whether we pray to Allah or not, it does not diminish or increase hisgreatness. We were created only for the worship of Allah, not for mere jest and play as it clearly says in the Quran.

On the day of certainty, when all of mankind will be resurrected and brought forth before Allah (SWT) we will be first asked about the Salah (the prayer)! Ifour prayer was done accordingly, inshallah everything else will be looked over and forgiven. The inmates of Hellfire will be asked why this is their abodeforever, and they will respond "we were not of those of who offered the salah". Can you imagine brothers and sisters?

Wake up! It's time we return to our deen. It's not easy growing up in the west, when the media tries to makeIslam look bad. Being a muslim is the only way to Paradise, but it is more than just with the tongue and saying "i believe in Allah and hismessenger". This is the first step inshallah, but it is not just lip service, it is action with the limbs.

We must pray and make du'ah to Allah brothers, and ask him to give us this strenght in our Iman (believe). I speak on behalf of myself first, and secondlyto any of the muslims reading this. Anything good I said was from Allah and anything wrong/bad was from myself. Inshallah may Allah make it easy for all of usand grant us Jennah al'ferdos (the highest placement in heaven).

Asalamu alaikum wa ramatuallhi wa barakatu!!!

Back
Top Bottom