My Future Looking Awful Right Now! Vol...Need some advice(serious only please)

What typ[e of University's do you want to attend? With that GPA and some good characteristics about yourself, you can get more than half of the universities in the country.

What typ[e of University's do you want to attend? With that GPA and some good characteristics about yourself, you can get more than half of the universities in the country.

He wants to go to V Tech(in this area it is known as the top school for smart kids which Phat is not)

He wants to go to V Tech(in this area it is known as the top school for smart kids which Phat is not)

You can transfer to a prep school, if the CC route isn't what you want to do. I don't know what state your in but in NYS i seen plenty of people make it SUNY with a GPA in that range.

are asian parents that bad? go to community college, aint nothing wrong with it plus its a way more cheaper

Originally Posted by blingblingitis

You can transfer to a prep school, if the CC route isn't what you want to do. I don't know what state your in but in NYS i seen plenty of people make it SUNY with a GPA in that range.

This fellow is in VA. Phat you need to stop this. Just take yourself to NOVA. Clearly your not mentally able to handle a 4 year school. Go to NOVA for 2 years, then you can transfer to any school VA.

are asian parents that bad? go to community college, aint nothing wrong with it plus its a way more cheaper

Originally Posted by blingblingitis

This fellow is in VA. Phat you need to stop this. Just take yourself to NOVA. Clearly your not mentally able to handle a 4 year school. Go to NOVA for 2 years, then you can transfer to any school VA.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

No they aren't that bad at all. This guy creates pressure upon himself that his parents dont even put on him. He just doesn't want to go to NOVA.

No they aren't that bad at all. This guy creates pressure upon himself that his parents dont even put on him. He just doesn't want to go to NOVA.

I know its a long read but it will encourage you OP.

First off I'm here to let you know that I've been where you been. Im also here to tell you that ITS NOT TOO LATE. I graduated high school with a 1.9 gpa (yeah I said it)  and missed out on a full ride music scholarship to Grambling State University. I went to a community college and now im one semester away from transfering to San Francisco State University to pursue a journalism degree.(If I can pass this damn math class
laugh.gif
). Now I didnt just go to the CC and automatically become a good student bruh it just doesnt work like that. The light switch just doesnt come on. It still took me two years to get my mind right school wise. So initially I doubled my time at a community college
smh.gif
However, I became a much better student and completely turned it around with ALOT of hard work, sacrifices, and pure dedication. You gotta treat school like its your craft. With the grades you have, you can get into ANY CSU and maybe a few UC's if you pick you cumulative gpa up and score well on the SAT's. I was just like you man I completely *$%+%$ up my freshman/sophmore years and just barely got by junior and senior year with a 2.0 . I was extremely lazy but bright man. You can do it and dont let nobody tell you cant, not even your family. Keep working as hard as you can and I promise you it will work out just fine.

First off I'm here to let you know that I've been where you been. Im also here to tell you that ITS NOT TOO LATE. I graduated high school with a 1.9 gpa (yeah I said it)  and missed out on a full ride music scholarship to Grambling State University. I went to a community college and now im one semester away from transfering to San Francisco State University to pursue a journalism degree.(If I can pass this damn math class
laugh.gif
). Now I didnt just go to the CC and automatically become a good student bruh it just doesnt work like that. The light switch just doesnt come on. It still took me two years to get my mind right school wise. So initially I doubled my time at a community college
smh.gif
However, I became a much better student and completely turned it around with ALOT of hard work, sacrifices, and pure dedication. You gotta treat school like its your craft. With the grades you have, you can get into ANY CSU and maybe a few UC's if you pick you cumulative gpa up and score well on the SAT's. I was just like you man I completely *$%+%$ up my freshman/sophmore years and just barely got by junior and senior year with a 2.0 . I was extremely lazy but bright man. You can do it and dont let nobody tell you cant, not even your family. Keep working as hard as you can and I promise you it will work out just fine.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Your a wise man

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Your a wise man

im asian i graduated high school wit a 2.35 or 2.36 and it rounds up to a 2.4 but anyways after graduating high school and lookin at my buddies and fellow alumnus around me; you either go to college, join the military, or work a regular job making 7-8 dollars an hour. my advice is set small goals and try not to worry too much because i felt like a failure and etc at plenty points in my life.  btw with my gpa being that and my sats scores being 1200 ive been accepted into 2 colleges im set to attend one hopefully soon and ive already got a diploma from a technical college

im asian i graduated high school wit a 2.35 or 2.36 and it rounds up to a 2.4 but anyways after graduating high school and lookin at my buddies and fellow alumnus around me; you either go to college, join the military, or work a regular job making 7-8 dollars an hour. my advice is set small goals and try not to worry too much because i felt like a failure and etc at plenty points in my life.  btw with my gpa being that and my sats scores being 1200 ive been accepted into 2 colleges im set to attend one hopefully soon and ive already got a diploma from a technical college

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This isn't a good thing. Education is forming a bubble right now. I would say go to CC and then transfer. Don't waste your time and money going to a below average school for even a year. Save that money and then transfer. If you can't excel at CC, well then, you can begin asking about a person's fry preferences.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This isn't a good thing. Education is forming a bubble right now. I would say go to CC and then transfer. Don't waste your time and money going to a below average school for even a year. Save that money and then transfer. If you can't excel at CC, well then, you can begin asking about a person's fry preferences.

best bet...keep applying yourself and continue with your good grades. if you are well rounded like involved in sports, community service, school clubs etc...then apply to universities still. all else fails go to a community college or military.

Back
Top Bottom