My G.I. Joe collection so far....

double post- yuku is killing me today
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

Mods move if I'm not in the right place. Thanks!
Oh, these figures are from the 25th Anniversary collection. If these were the originals, they'd probably be in safe deposit boxes or something....lol!!!!

Joe's

Cobra

Vehicles

*Bonus, everything PLUS Comic 2 packs

Hope you enjoyed, more Joe and Cobra figs and vehicles to come!!!
OMG
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

Wow, Dr. Mindbender, The Baroness, Cobra Commander, Major Bludd, and Iron Knife w/ Spirit? It still trips me out at the old moldings of the originals -vs- the anniversary figures.

yeah, some of the moldings are really different. check out these two comparisons

VS.

i always preferred the older ones, but thats just my childhood talking. which do you guys think is better?

rizobs: I'm partial to the new moldings, just for the fact that they made it more 'lifelike' in the sense it's not so 'toyish'....ifthat made any sense....lol. But you gotta give it up to the designers at Hasbro at the time for the original molds. The Serpentor you posted, looks serious, w/the 'hood' collar and the cobra head for the headpiece. With the OG, the fangs are obviously more prominent than the 25th Anniv.

As for the Bazooka OG -vs- 25th Anniv., I'm more partial to detail, so the 25th Anniv. gets my vote. On the other hand, the OG is what it is, original. Butof course, some will be partial to one or the other.

Just put these figures in a sneaker context, you know nothing will beat the OG. But if the retro is better than the OG (which I am using for argument'ssake, not stating that it is a fact whatsoever), people will choose what they like.

eh... a couple of MK5's and a PMC-06 eh?

EDIT - you know I always give props to Joes, but I guess "Combat Heroes" is where I draw the line...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rizobs

i always preferred the older ones, but thats just my childhood talking. which do you guys think is better?

Depends...... Some figures are perfect... Like Bazooka. Others, they just couldn't be bothered, and they look nothing like the original. Three differentMajor Bludds... and none of them look right.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eh... a couple of MK5's and a PMC-06 eh?

EDIT - you know I always give props to Joes, but I guess "Combat Heroes" is where I draw the line...
laugh.gif
Yes, that is right, and no Serato either.

As for the CH's, I'll collect 'em. I haven't broken down and tried getting the 12" ones yet, but they're always good to have.

The new waves are starting to hit retail. (2) new MASS Device 4-pack w/DVD. New single figures. New 2-packs.

The newer 4-packs feature Snake Eyes, Major Bludd, [hooded] Cobra Commander and QUICK KICK (awseome). Other pack includes Dusty, [OG retro] Serpentor,Montezumas skeleton and a well armored BAT. The best dual pack is Snake Eyes (gray ninja training) and Hard Master! I'm gonna get at least 3 of those SankeEyes/Hard Master packs.

SelectaClutchStar, i see what you mean about the "toyish" qualities. i really see it more in the bazooka figure. i guess i was engulfed in my huntfor old figures, that i always leaned towards them. haha

swingshot, i think you are right. bazooka is one of the better figures.

i do not have a lot of the 25th anniversary figures, but i will post some more comparisons. its cool to see other people's views on the hobby.

I'm going with the OG simply because his upper torso changes color...
laugh.gif

EDIT - I guess the only Combat Heroes I'd consider getting would be this one...
603.jpg

SinnerP: that release of Snake Eyes and Timber is much better than the one I picked up. In my pack Timber's got a knife in his mouth...wow.

rizobs: I am a lame-o for putting things in a sneaker context; but then again, see the name of this message board we're on. I think that the toyish qualityof the OG's is what makes hunting them down, all the more fun than just settling for the 25th Anniv. releases. As for the Zartan, I would take the OG overthe 25 Anniv. any day. From what I remember as a yout "What is a yout?" the entire upper torso changed green when exposed to the sunlight. Probablyone of the better figures; there are more, but this one stuck out more.

how about this one... zartan
zartan.jpg

Generally, it's an unpopular figure because it's based more on the Devil's Due version than the' Classic' Zartan... Personally, i quitelike it.
Hasbro made a mess of Swamp Squad Zartan. They claim the color change feature was removed so they could include a Chameleon, but the Chameleon included
is tiny. There's another Zartan in an upcoming 5 pack. (No images yet) . That won't have a proper Chameleon either. Was hoping they'd get it rightdown the line....... but i can't see them
doing a 4th Zartan.

how about

25a_shipwreck-p_l.jpg

One of the weaker figures in the line. If they're going to change the accessories, they could at least change the art to match. It's typical of thelazy indifference that has characterised much of the 25th line.
Was never a huge fan of Shipwreck, but a lot of people are, and this figure is a slap in the face for them.

yo this is sick.. GI joe was my favorite toy/cartoon growing up. snake eyes and stormshadow was my favorite

its hard to say. i have never posed the new bats, but i will admit that their weapons look good with that metallic coat on it.

looks like this thread is about to die. so, im just going to show whatever i have in my photo bucket.

cobra commander running for president - blue suit variant

pimp daddy destro - gold head

Back
Top Bottom