My Gay Friends: Please stop comparing your plight to civil rights.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Im sorry I find hilarious comparing civil rights to gay problems. I dont have to say a single word who had it worse because thats clear, but with the exception of marriage what the hell are gay ppl denied. You want to let the world know your gay that on you, you have a choice, and what your issue is you want to be recognized for a legal partnership. What you need the attention or the last name change to validate you get real. Wake up Its in no way comparable, you can be victimized in this world for plenty of things, and thats just life get over it, but to really think being gay which is a choice to let out is compared to something you cant control such as your race.

And I dont want to hear its all equal kill that crap

So much of a choice.

0925071153_m_092507_hanged_teens7.jpg

conan_deal_with_it.gif

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

and what point did you prove with that, im ignorant and ill flat out say I stick to what goes on in my own country so showing me bs that goes on in other parts of the world will not phase me in any way. Over here you got a choice to what you tell ppl espcially about your private business. Last i checked you can see im black, cant hide it
so a gay guy cant walk down the street holding hands with his boyfriend, just like any heterosexual couple? o wait i forgot its private business to be gay 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Im sorry I find hilarious comparing civil rights to gay problems. I dont have to say a single word who had it worse because thats clear, but with the exception of marriage what the hell are gay ppl denied. You want to let the world know your gay that on you, you have a choice, and what your issue is you want to be recognized for a legal partnership. What you need the attention or the last name change to validate you get real. Wake up Its in no way comparable, you can be victimized in this world for plenty of things, and thats just life get over it, but to really think being gay which is a choice to let out is compared to something you cant control such as your race.

So much of a choice.

conan_deal_with_it.gif

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

"Shouldn't have been black today"
30t6p3b.gif

"Shouldn't have looked at the white girl"
30t6p3b.gif

LOL @ YOU POSTING THIS....NEVER DID I ONCE SAY SOMETHING IGNORANT LIKE "BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A CHOICE!!!
laugh.gif
Two groups are taking Ls and still are, it isn't a damn competition.
laugh.gif
Gay people's lives have been in danger in many times in human history and still is in many parts of the world. Many black people died during the middle passage and slavery. Both of these are based on the same hatred and ignorance.
laugh.gif

"Shouldn't have kissed that man and held his hand in public"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

So much of a choice.

conan_deal_with_it.gif

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

"Shouldn't have been black today"
30t6p3b.gif

"Shouldn't have looked at the white girl"
30t6p3b.gif

LOL @ YOU POSTING THIS....NEVER DID I ONCE SAY SOMETHING IGNORANT LIKE "BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A CHOICE!!!
laugh.gif
Two groups are taking Ls and still are, it isn't a damn competition.
laugh.gif
Gay people's lives have been in danger in many times in human history and still is in many parts of the world. Many black people died during the middle passage and slavery. Both of these are based on the same hatred and ignorance.
laugh.gif

"Shouldn't have kissed that man and held his hand in public"
laugh.gif

So much of a choice.

conan_deal_with_it.gif

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

and what point did you prove with that, im ignorant and ill flat out say I stick to what goes on in my own country so showing me bs that goes on in other parts of the world will not phase me in any way. Over here you got a choice to what you tell ppl espcially about your private business. Last i checked you can see im black, cant hide it

What about people who confide in others, or aren't openly gay, but get exposed. Then beaten up, tortured, or killed.

images

Do you know who that kid is?

I used to think just like some of you guys. Reading some of these replies I'm stuck like "wow, that was me like 7 years ago. Baffling.

So much of a choice.

conan_deal_with_it.gif

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

What about people who confide in others, or aren't openly gay, but get exposed. Then beaten up, tortured, or killed.

images

I used to think just like some of you guys. Reading some of these replies I'm stuck like "wow, that was me like 7 years ago. Baffling.

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

were gay people really inspired by blacks?
and... are some of you saying that gays should just go into DL mode?

That's exactly what they're saying, ironically the whole DL thing is a problem in the black community.
laugh.gif
Dudes in here acting like gay people are smashing on their front lawn. You're no different from your oppressors and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Yea I said it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

were gay people really inspired by blacks?
and... are some of you saying that gays should just go into DL mode?

That's exactly what they're saying, ironically the whole DL thing is a problem in the black community.
laugh.gif
Dudes in here acting like gay people are smashing on their front lawn. You're no different from your oppressors and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Yea I said it.
grin.gif

are the two movements comparable? no
should you dismiss the gay rights movement because it's not as drastic? no

some of the responses in here 
sick.gif

are the two movements comparable? no
should you dismiss the gay rights movement because it's not as drastic? no

some of the responses in here 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

So much of a choice.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

so a gay guy cant walk down the street holding hands with his boyfriend, just like any heterosexual couple? o wait i forgot its private business to be gay 
grin.gif

Ok if homosexuals walk down the street its not illegal, I dont care what you do, my point is how can you compare gay rights to civil rights in any way. What are they fighting for rights to marriage, really this all you got to compare. its not close

So much of a choice.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

grin.gif

Ok if homosexuals walk down the street its not illegal, I dont care what you do, my point is how can you compare gay rights to civil rights in any way. What are they fighting for rights to marriage, really this all you got to compare. its not close

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Wr

so you justify outlawing gay marriage because of a hypothethical philosophy you yourself believe in, that may or may not be true, and may not apply to anyone else?
way to read buddy

i did.  enlighten me.
are you an athiest? Do you disregard the human soul and the holy spirit? if so, there really is no point in further going into this point. I think of homosexuality of a spiritual matter rather than an issue for politics to decide the fate of. that leads into the whole separation of church and state issue and whether you are a person that believes this is a christian country vs, the truth of it being a secular institution made to hybridize all former institutions that come in and participate.

Originally Posted by Wr

so you justify outlawing gay marriage because of a hypothethical philosophy you yourself believe in, that may or may not be true, and may not apply to anyone else?
way to read buddy

i did.  enlighten me.
are you an athiest? Do you disregard the human soul and the holy spirit? if so, there really is no point in further going into this point. I think of homosexuality of a spiritual matter rather than an issue for politics to decide the fate of. that leads into the whole separation of church and state issue and whether you are a person that believes this is a christian country vs, the truth of it being a secular institution made to hybridize all former institutions that come in and participate.

Both are civil rights issues and should stop being differentiated. The LGBT Rights movement isn't just like the civil rights movement, it IS a civil rights movement. Once people understand this, then maybe there will be some progress. MLK wasn't just fighting for equality for blacks. He was fighting for equality for everyone, including the LGBT community.

Both are civil rights issues and should stop being differentiated. The LGBT Rights movement isn't just like the civil rights movement, it IS a civil rights movement. Once people understand this, then maybe there will be some progress. MLK wasn't just fighting for equality for blacks. He was fighting for equality for everyone, including the LGBT community.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

ballislife32688 wrote:

So much of a choice.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

images

im fully aware of who he is, and its unfortunate but, thats stretching it though showing an extreme case of what happened to a gay individual, but in this country a person can be beat up or killed for any number of reason. Dont get it twisted Im not saying that gay ppl havent went through a struggle but to open your mouth and claim that struggle is even based upon the same ethics is shocking. Im not gonna play the who had it worse card, im saying the fight is so much different. Gay ppl wanna fight for what right exactly is what im looking to find out what marriage, what are they denied really

ballislife32688 wrote:

So much of a choice.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

images

im fully aware of who he is, and its unfortunate but, thats stretching it though showing an extreme case of what happened to a gay individual, but in this country a person can be beat up or killed for any number of reason. Dont get it twisted Im not saying that gay ppl havent went through a struggle but to open your mouth and claim that struggle is even based upon the same ethics is shocking. Im not gonna play the who had it worse card, im saying the fight is so much different. Gay ppl wanna fight for what right exactly is what im looking to find out what marriage, what are they denied really

grin.gif

lol being homosexual isnt illegal either, but uv still been spewing nonsense saying that they should hide it....how are u not understanding that these are CIVIL RIGHTS issues, im not saying what they went through is as bad or worse then what we black people had to go through, but its still civil rights issues. and you really cant believe the only thing theyve gone through is the fight for gay marriage, even in this thread there have been plenty of examples of people being beatin, tortured, hung, and just plain discriminated against for being gay.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

way to read buddy

i did.  enlighten me.

[h3]The contendings of Horus and Seth[/h3]
One of the most famous displays of homosexuality in Ancient Egypt is in the battle for kingship between the Gods Horus and Set. It is told in a story known as The Contendings of Horus and Seth. In one part of this story Set invites Horus to his house, and in the evening a bed is prepared for the both of them. In a shrewd plan Horus manages to catch the semen of Set and disposes of it. He then goes to his mother who comes up with an idea to trick Set into ingesting Horus' semen by placing it in a lettuce, which was Set's favourite food. In the end, the god Thoth declares that the semen of Horus comes-forth; Set is humiliated and loses his fight for the throne.[sup][2][/sup]

[h2]Proposed homosexuality[/h2]

From the tomb of Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep.

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants and are believed by some to be the first recorded same-sex couple in history.[sup][6][/sup] The proposed homosexual nature of Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum has been commented on the popular press, and the idea seems to (partially) stem from the depictions of the two men standing nose to nose and embracing.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] Niankhkhnum's wife, depicted in a banquet scene, was almost completely erased in ancient times, and in other pictures Khnumhotep occupies the position usually designated for a wife. Their official titles were "Overseers of the Manicurists of the Palace of the King". [sup][9][/sup]

Critics argue that both men appear with their respective wives and children, suggesting the men were brothers, rather than lovers.[sup][2][/sup][sup][10][/sup]
[h2]
[/h2]Yea I can post about useless $##% and Ancient Egypt too.

grin.gif

lol being homosexual isnt illegal either, but uv still been spewing nonsense saying that they should hide it....how are u not understanding that these are CIVIL RIGHTS issues, im not saying what they went through is as bad or worse then what we black people had to go through, but its still civil rights issues. and you really cant believe the only thing theyve gone through is the fight for gay marriage, even in this thread there have been plenty of examples of people being beatin, tortured, hung, and just plain discriminated against for being gay.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

way to read buddy

i did.  enlighten me.

[h3]The contendings of Horus and Seth[/h3]
One of the most famous displays of homosexuality in Ancient Egypt is in the battle for kingship between the Gods Horus and Set. It is told in a story known as The Contendings of Horus and Seth. In one part of this story Set invites Horus to his house, and in the evening a bed is prepared for the both of them. In a shrewd plan Horus manages to catch the semen of Set and disposes of it. He then goes to his mother who comes up with an idea to trick Set into ingesting Horus' semen by placing it in a lettuce, which was Set's favourite food. In the end, the god Thoth declares that the semen of Horus comes-forth; Set is humiliated and loses his fight for the throne.[sup][2][/sup]

[h2]Proposed homosexuality[/h2]

From the tomb of Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep.

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants and are believed by some to be the first recorded same-sex couple in history.[sup][6][/sup] The proposed homosexual nature of Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum has been commented on the popular press, and the idea seems to (partially) stem from the depictions of the two men standing nose to nose and embracing.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] Niankhkhnum's wife, depicted in a banquet scene, was almost completely erased in ancient times, and in other pictures Khnumhotep occupies the position usually designated for a wife. Their official titles were "Overseers of the Manicurists of the Palace of the King". [sup][9][/sup]

Critics argue that both men appear with their respective wives and children, suggesting the men were brothers, rather than lovers.[sup][2][/sup][sup][10][/sup]
[h2]
[/h2]Yea I can post about useless $##% and Ancient Egypt too.

ballislife32688 wrote:

images

It is based upon the exact same ethics. Do people hate gays=yes, Do people hate black=yes, same hatred...different reasons.

Different people (well there's some overlap), different causes, SAME IGNORANCE....notice I used different twice.

I don't have a problem with gay marriage or anything at all, but it does irk me at the comparisons sometimes, especially when people are suddenly
so steadfest about abolishing "anti-gay slurs" and things like "******", but the same hasn't been done for the nword or anything. And the person who
said "in before i didn't choose to be black, they chose to be gay", well, that's pretty much the truth. Your race is predetermined, sexual orientation
isn't. Both have struggles (along with other minorities), but it's not really the same if you sit back and think about it.

I don't have a problem with gay marriage or anything at all, but it does irk me at the comparisons sometimes, especially when people are suddenly
so steadfest about abolishing "anti-gay slurs" and things like "******", but the same hasn't been done for the nword or anything. And the person who
said "in before i didn't choose to be black, they chose to be gay", well, that's pretty much the truth. Your race is predetermined, sexual orientation
isn't. Both have struggles (along with other minorities), but it's not really the same if you sit back and think about it.

ballislife32688 wrote:

images

It is based upon the exact same ethics. Do people hate gays=yes, Do people hate black=yes, same hatred...different reasons.

Different people (well there's some overlap), different causes, SAME IGNORANCE....notice I used different twice.

Back
Top Bottom