My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

To me the best rapper ever.
Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories
Most charisma, I set the most trends
And my interviews are hotter
Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.
Serious question. What trends did he exactly start?  I see ppl quote that line all the time but can only remember maybe one trend he started.

Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.
Serious question. What trends did he exactly start?  I see ppl quote that line all the time but can only remember maybe one trend he started.

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

Jay-Z can be subversive while getting them radio spins AT THE SAME TIME though.

Can Lupe do that? LASERS, anyone?
laugh.gif

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cuffy

I gather no moss like a rolling stone........smh never caught that. He use a lot of old proverbs and sayings in his bars, he might have been chose...#imjustsayin
You've got to be +!+@$+* kidding me...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stan thread in disguise.

Bunch of dudes that love camel phallus.
Yup.

Jay is no doubt one of the best to ever do it... and people's opinion of who is the "greatest" will always contain a certain degree of subjectivity... but it's ridiculous when people refuse to acknowledge that their favorite rappers have any flaws or inconsistencies or that they're not the best in every single "category."

I gather no moss like a rolling stone........smh never caught that. He use a lot of old proverbs and sayings in his bars, he might have been chose...#imjustsayin

Stan thread in disguise.

Yup.

Jay is no doubt one of the best to ever do it... and people's opinion of who is the "greatest" will always contain a certain degree of subjectivity... but it's ridiculous when people refuse to acknowledge that their favorite rappers have any flaws or inconsistencies or that they're not the best in every single "category."

Originally Posted by red mpls

Stan thread in disguise.

Yup.

laugh.gif
Chill broham. Those lines are rap bradaggacio.He did start off by saying "TO ME the best rapper ever...".

Originally Posted by red mpls

Stan thread in disguise.

Yup.

laugh.gif
Chill broham. Those lines are rap bradaggacio.He did start off by saying "TO ME the best rapper ever...".

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Holla

For starters......"I made the Yankee hat more famous that I Yankee can"

Holla

Lol at gettin name dropped in OP's post. Caught me off guard. Jay is that dude on the mic, that's all there is to it. Even for those who don't like the man, you gotta respect his ability.

Lol at gettin name dropped in OP's post. Caught me off guard. Jay is that dude on the mic, that's all there is to it. Even for those who don't like the man, you gotta respect his ability.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Holla

eek.gif
 How could you forget about the button-up craze?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Holla

eek.gif
 How could you forget about the button-up craze?

Back
Top Bottom