My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

See, we the same, but we different.

ALWAYS loved the man's music. ALWAYS. Not only the ill bars, but even the more club oriented BANGERS (Hey Papi, Who U Wit etc.).

Don't think I even ever disagreed that he's Top 5. The GOAT talk is corny and the only reason I'll even say it's Rakim is because he changed the game. Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman. Which you gotta respect. We had a very active thread a minute ago about GOAT going from Ra to Nas. No mention of Jay. But they are all in the convo no doubt.

But much like you, the man's actions are....questionable.

Come to find with most human beings, there are many sides. So it is what it is.

It's the cats that talk about this man like he is a flawless deity that have the issues. But fans are fans. Blind love is never a wise thing. All good though. Don't effect me none.

Even looking at the "trends" his FANS give him credit for is preposterous. Jersey's was Outkast. Cristal is just a progression of the Dom P/Mo era. It's just a DIFFERENT champagne. Ace Of Spades ain't doing nothing yet. Platinum chains, maybe. Doubt that was all him. 4.6 Ranges weren't a trend. Buttonups, yea, I can see that. Yankee hat? Kind of popular in NY for quite a few decades now.

Jay Z invented wearing all black? Started that trend? OK! That statement is so beyond ridiculous, I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't even see THAT many other's doing it THAT much.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Jay-Z is one selfish dude, yea he can rap but dude is one stuck up snob
Yeah... because you know him personally.
laugh.gif

Props to OP for giving music he didn't like a second chance to appreciate it fully as he matured.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

How could you forget about the button-up craze?
This is the only trend that comes to mind which is why I ask what else.

C'mon Deuce, really?!?

Jerseys going out of style, Brim low, All black everything, The sample craze after Blueprint etc. etc. 

How could you forget about the button-up craze?
This is the only trend that comes to mind which is why I ask what else.

C'mon Deuce, really?!?

Jerseys going out of style, Brim low, All black everything, The sample craze after Blueprint etc. etc. 

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

he's a rapper wit the best selling reebok shoe of all time...

he started the platinum !*$! too...

C'mon TIME you gonna tell me those sold more than 54.11's? The platinum I kinda see though.

laugh.gif
@ some of the "trends". Since when is what we drink or what we drive a trend?
Jerseys were swinging back and forth long before Jay. Harlem cats were rocking low brims since the days of RD and the sample craze was nothing more than revisited when Ye came out. Street dudes were wearing all black as camo long before Jay.

I guess my view is differnt because of where I'm from. Jay has always taken things that had been popular in NYC and put ppl from other areas up on them, but I wouldnt say he started those trends.

CJ616- I never said he didnt start any trends, I'll give him credit for 2 maybe 3, but no where near as much as some ppl do.

C'mon TIME you gonna tell me those sold more than 54.11's? The platinum I kinda see though.

laugh.gif
Jerseys were swinging back and forth long before Jay. Harlem cats were rocking low brims since the days of RD and the sample craze was nothing more than revisited when Ye came out. Street dudes were wearing all black as camo long before Jay.

I guess my view is differnt because of where I'm from. Jay has always taken things that had been popular in NYC and put ppl from other areas up on them, but I wouldnt say he started those trends.

CJ616- I never said he didnt start any trends, I'll give him credit for 2 maybe 3, but no where near as much as some ppl do.

laugh.gif
MoscatoBottle.jpg

images

C'mon man. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
MoscatoBottle.jpg

images

C'mon man. 
laugh.gif

I think you guys are arguing two different points now.
Starting a trend =/= Popularizing a trend.

Did Jay-Z start the jersey trend? No. Did he popularize it (specifically throwbacks)? You're lying to yourself if you say he didn't.

Did Jay-Z start the jersey trend? No. Did he popularize it (specifically throwbacks)? You're lying to yourself if you say he didn't.

laugh.gif
Did he not help make Cristal a "trend" at least within the hip hop community??  Again, whether dudes want to admit it or not he did set a trend with Cristal.  Progression or no progression.

There it is.

laugh.gif
Did he not help make Cristal a "trend" at least within the hip hop community??  Again, whether dudes want to admit it or not he did set a trend with Cristal.  Progression or no progression.

There it is.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Jay did not make throwbacks popular

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Ok.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Ok.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how u personally hate someone u dont know? _s is clowns these days man...

Quit playin _, you know having these _s faces and voices around 24/7 make us feel like we know all these entertainers. Imo he mistreated a lot of people to get where he is, and that just make me feel some kind of way about his integrity...but that's childish to let that cloud my judgement of his lyrics.

Besides, what do you know +++$%? You from Cleveland

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

laugh.gif

Thats true but I know people who hate on Jay and they cant find a reason, its " I just dont like him" or "Jay is trash". Every successful rapper has haters like that though.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

laugh.gif

Thats true but I know people who hate on Jay and they cant find a reason, its " I just dont like him" or "Jay is trash". Every successful rapper has haters like that though.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how u personally hate someone u dont know? _s is clowns these days man...

Quit playin _, you know having these _s faces and voices around 24/7 make us feel like we know all these entertainers. Imo he mistreated a lot of people to get where he is, and that just make me feel some kind of way about his integrity...but that's childish to let that cloud my judgement of his lyrics.

Besides, what do you know +++$%? You from Cleveland

Back
Top Bottom