My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

GOAT

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

How could you forget about the button-up craze?
This is the only trend that comes to mind which is why I ask what else.

C'mon Deuce, really?!?

he's a rapper wit the best selling reebok shoe of all time...

he started the platinum !*$! too...

This is the only trend that comes to mind which is why I ask what else.

C'mon Deuce, really?!?

he's a rapper wit the best selling reebok shoe of all time...

he started the platinum !*$! too...

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

To me the best rapper ever.
Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories
Most charisma, I set the most trends
And my interviews are hotter
Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.
Serious question. What trends did he exactly start?  I see ppl quote that line all the time but can only remember maybe one trend he started.

For starters......"I made the Yankee hat more famous that I Yankee can"

eek.gif

The key phrase champ was FOR STARTERS.........meaning there are/were more to come, like Cristal Champagne, then killing that and then later moving on to Ace of Spades.  Then he had a hand in the jersey era of 2001, then killing that with one line from the Black Album. From wearing platinum chains to having @!!+#@ get a Range with the 4.6 on the back.  Also, the phrase "all black everything" and having alot of rappers or other celebrities dress in "all black"

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

To me the best rapper ever.
Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories
Most charisma, I set the most trends
And my interviews are hotter
Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.
Serious question. What trends did he exactly start?  I see ppl quote that line all the time but can only remember maybe one trend he started.

For starters......"I made the Yankee hat more famous that I Yankee can"

eek.gif

The key phrase champ was FOR STARTERS.........meaning there are/were more to come, like Cristal Champagne, then killing that and then later moving on to Ace of Spades.  Then he had a hand in the jersey era of 2001, then killing that with one line from the Black Album. From wearing platinum chains to having @!!+#@ get a Range with the 4.6 on the back.  Also, the phrase "all black everything" and having alot of rappers or other celebrities dress in "all black"

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

Jay-Z can be subversive while getting them radio spins AT THE SAME TIME though.

Can Lupe do that? LASERS, anyone?
laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

You not getting what I'm saying. It's great to get all lyrical for your adoring, subset music fanbase where they will appreciate your lyrics no matter what.

Jay has done this while catering to a global audience. Really, does "Moment of Clarity" not ring a bell for you?

And
laugh.gif
that Lupe isn't about the money. Who signed the deal with Atlantic and was "forced"
laugh.gif
to make the music? With HIS name on it? Lupe's my dude, but he's got alot to still learn.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

Jay-Z can be subversive while getting them radio spins AT THE SAME TIME though.

Can Lupe do that? LASERS, anyone?
laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

You not getting what I'm saying. It's great to get all lyrical for your adoring, subset music fanbase where they will appreciate your lyrics no matter what.

Jay has done this while catering to a global audience. Really, does "Moment of Clarity" not ring a bell for you?

And
laugh.gif
that Lupe isn't about the money. Who signed the deal with Atlantic and was "forced"
laugh.gif
to make the music? With HIS name on it? Lupe's my dude, but he's got alot to still learn.

I was responding to Send One's post about not seeing one trend that Jay-Z started. SEND ONE

I was responding to Send One's post about not seeing one trend that Jay-Z started. SEND ONE

True story, my closet is like two stories. Cut to the happy ending cuz I don't do stories. Shawn Corey, real rap. The Maybach is bananas, peel back.

True story, my closet is like two stories. Cut to the happy ending cuz I don't do stories. Shawn Corey, real rap. The Maybach is bananas, peel back.

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stan thread in disguise.

Bunch of dudes that love camel phallus.

Yea you're definitely Master Zik

And I suggest yall pick up that Decoded book straight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stan thread in disguise.

Bunch of dudes that love camel phallus.

Yea you're definitely Master Zik

And I suggest yall pick up that Decoded book straight
pimp.gif

See, we the same, but we different.

ALWAYS loved the man's music. ALWAYS. Not only the ill bars, but even the more club oriented BANGERS (Hey Papi, Who U Wit etc.).

Don't think I even ever disagreed that he's Top 5. The GOAT talk is corny and the only reason I'll even say it's Rakim is because he changed the game. Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman. Which you gotta respect. We had a very active thread a minute ago about GOAT going from Ra to Nas. No mention of Jay. But they are all in the convo no doubt.

But much like you, the man's actions are....questionable.

Come to find with most human beings, there are many sides. So it is what it is.

It's the cats that talk about this man like he is a flawless deity that have the issues. But fans are fans. Blind love is never a wise thing. All good though. Don't effect me none.

Even looking at the "trends" his FANS give him credit for is preposterous. Jersey's was Outkast. Cristal is just a progression of the Dom P/Mo era. It's just a DIFFERENT champagne. Ace Of Spades ain't doing nothing yet. Platinum chains, maybe. Doubt that was all him. 4.6 Ranges weren't a trend. Buttonups, yea, I can see that. Yankee hat? Kind of popular in NY for quite a few decades now.

Jay Z invented wearing all black? Started that trend? OK! That statement is so beyond ridiculous, I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't even see THAT many other's doing it THAT much.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Jay-Z is one selfish dude, yea he can rap but dude is one stuck up snob
Yeah... because you know him personally.
laugh.gif

Props to OP for giving music he didn't like a second chance to appreciate it fully as he matured.

Back
Top Bottom