My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Nas>Jay

Jay is my second fav. rapper tho.

roll.gif
at clowns saying he shut down the X5 and started popularized the all black trend. I swear dudes are delusional. Get off the man's balls, have some dignity.
laugh.gif
Its. true. though.

images

I dont know about all those other trends but if yal thinkin he didntat least "re-energize" that all black !@!# then yal crazy. After BP3 dropped everybody and they mama copped the black leather jacket.

images

I dont know about all those other trends but if yal thinkin he didntat least "re-energize" that all black !@!# then yal crazy. After BP3 dropped everybody and they mama copped the black leather jacket.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture"

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

All dude did in his post was say IMO he's the best rapper and then put down some Jay lyrics. I don't think people treat it as gospel, but it sure pisses off people who don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason. ITS ENTERTAINMENT.

"Sensitive thugs y'all need hugs" indeed.
Who is pissed off?  Like... really?
laugh.gif

"Don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason?"  What does that even mean?  How do you know people's reasons?  Why do they need a reason?  Why does it matter?  IT'S ENTERTAINMENT
laugh.gif

I honestly don't care who people's favorite rapper is, and I don't can who people think the GOAT is.  Actually I think that Jay-Z is a great candidate for both of those "positions."  I just don't understand people who act like their favorite rapper is a deity.  I mean, my favorite MC is Nas and I think he's the GOAT, but I'm not offended if someone thinks otherwise or if people don't care for his music or for him as a person.

Y'all should really relax

Hey, you were the one that came with the issue over the quote he put up in te first place.I don't care who you like or don't like.

"I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture"

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

All dude did in his post was say IMO he's the best rapper and then put down some Jay lyrics. I don't think people treat it as gospel, but it sure pisses off people who don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason. ITS ENTERTAINMENT.

laugh.gif

"Don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason?"  What does that even mean?  How do you know people's reasons?  Why do they need a reason?  Why does it matter?  IT'S ENTERTAINMENT
laugh.gif

I honestly don't care who people's favorite rapper is, and I don't can who people think the GOAT is.  Actually I think that Jay-Z is a great candidate for both of those "positions."  I just don't understand people who act like their favorite rapper is a deity.  I mean, my favorite MC is Nas and I think he's the GOAT, but I'm not offended if someone thinks otherwise or if people don't care for his music or for him as a person.

Hey, you were the one that came with the issue over the quote he put up in te first place.I don't care who you like or don't like.

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I feel ya OP. I tried so hard not to like Jay especially after the Makaveli album came out. But I realized a long time ago that dude is a beast. His music has so many layers, its what sets him apart

I feel ya OP. I tried so hard not to like Jay especially after the Makaveli album came out. But I realized a long time ago that dude is a beast. His music has so many layers, its what sets him apart

It's funny watching this dude go so hard defending for the cause
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

my dude but not GOAT
Co-signing this....
QFT, dude easily has the most annoying fans too
Because we think he's the GOAT?It's called an opinion. Don't get mad, just say you disagree and leave it at that.
You know that's not why.

It's funny watching this dude go so hard defending for the cause
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

my dude but not GOAT
Co-signing this....
QFT, dude easily has the most annoying fans too
Because we think he's the GOAT?It's called an opinion. Don't get mad, just say you disagree and leave it at that.
You know that's not why.

^^^Defending what? I couldn't care less if you think _____ is better than Jay. I ain't gonna complain if you don't think he's the GOAT - it's all opinion.

But classifying every person who DOES put Jay up there as an "annoying fan" is stupid. I know plenty of them who aren't that way and don't treat their opinion of their favorite artist as universal fact.

^^^Defending what? I couldn't care less if you think _____ is better than Jay. I ain't gonna complain if you don't think he's the GOAT - it's all opinion.

But classifying every person who DOES put Jay up there as an "annoying fan" is stupid. I know plenty of them who aren't that way and don't treat their opinion of their favorite artist as universal fact.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Had NY cats straight DISRESPECTIN females in 99 (Do It Again, Big Pimpin)
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit
The $300 tight #+! Jean phase some of yall went through (Evisu?)

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif
after listening to Volume 1 (Most Underrated Album of All Time IMO)

Jay RAISED the hood. Sensitive Thugs Ya All Need Hugs

How can someone make a car a trend when it costs 300K and none of his fans can even afford to get within a hundred yards of one?

So just because he talks about it a lot, makes it a trend? Hell no. This is one of the weirdest conversations. He made wearing all black trendy? He was probably the first one to buy a microwave too.

I'm so confused by this.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Had NY cats straight DISRESPECTIN females in 99 (Do It Again, Big Pimpin)
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit
The $300 tight #+! Jean phase some of yall went through (Evisu?)

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif
after listening to Volume 1 (Most Underrated Album of All Time IMO)

Jay RAISED the hood. Sensitive Thugs Ya All Need Hugs

How can someone make a car a trend when it costs 300K and none of his fans can even afford to get within a hundred yards of one?

So just because he talks about it a lot, makes it a trend? Hell no. This is one of the weirdest conversations. He made wearing all black trendy? He was probably the first one to buy a microwave too.

I'm so confused by this.

Don't really like using the term GOAT...but UNQUESTIONABLY one of the best to do it. I still listen to his music and just shake my head at some of them lyrics sometimes.

Don't really like using the term GOAT...but UNQUESTIONABLY one of the best to do it. I still listen to his music and just shake my head at some of them lyrics sometimes.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

Jay-Z can be subversive while getting them radio spins AT THE SAME TIME though.

Can Lupe do that? LASERS, anyone?
laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

You not getting what I'm saying. It's great to get all lyrical for your adoring, subset music fanbase where they will appreciate your lyrics no matter what.

Jay has done this while catering to a global audience. Really, does "Moment of Clarity" not ring a bell for you?

And
laugh.gif
that Lupe isn't about the money. Who signed the deal with Atlantic and was "forced"
laugh.gif
to make the music? With HIS name on it? Lupe's my dude, but he's got alot to still learn.

I get what your saying.  You feel Jay-Z is more talented for his ability to write music that is fan friendly and hip-hop/lyrical enthusiast friendly.  Something that Lupe can't do.

And I agree with you that Jay is very smart for doing that.  But music is subjective.  And i like F&L more then any Jay-Z album ever. (flame away lol).  A lot of great artists have been jerked by big labels.  The creative ones tend not to be so business savvy they just want to make music (see Bruce Springsteen) .  So props to jay-z on being smart.  But that doesn't mean, to me at least, he makes the best music.  I still have Pac, Big, Eminem and Pun ahead of him on the list of greatest to do it.  He still nice though lol

Originally Posted by Jking0821

"I like Jay-Z and i think he is deeper then people give him credit for but by no means is he as subversive as Lupe."

Jay-Z can be subversive while getting them radio spins AT THE SAME TIME though.

Can Lupe do that? LASERS, anyone?
laugh.gif
From a business stand point Jay is smart for doing that.  But Lupe really isn't all about the money. 

"Show goes on" went gold btw as a single.  Sad to see that when he puts out a commercial song it gets play but all his other music doesn't.

You not getting what I'm saying. It's great to get all lyrical for your adoring, subset music fanbase where they will appreciate your lyrics no matter what.

Jay has done this while catering to a global audience. Really, does "Moment of Clarity" not ring a bell for you?

And
laugh.gif
that Lupe isn't about the money. Who signed the deal with Atlantic and was "forced"
laugh.gif
to make the music? With HIS name on it? Lupe's my dude, but he's got alot to still learn.

I get what your saying.  You feel Jay-Z is more talented for his ability to write music that is fan friendly and hip-hop/lyrical enthusiast friendly.  Something that Lupe can't do.

And I agree with you that Jay is very smart for doing that.  But music is subjective.  And i like F&L more then any Jay-Z album ever. (flame away lol).  A lot of great artists have been jerked by big labels.  The creative ones tend not to be so business savvy they just want to make music (see Bruce Springsteen) .  So props to jay-z on being smart.  But that doesn't mean, to me at least, he makes the best music.  I still have Pac, Big, Eminem and Pun ahead of him on the list of greatest to do it.  He still nice though lol

To say Jay didnt start any trends is blasphemous.

BUT... if you werent born between 82-85, you will never understand.

if you were born after, you were >8 years old when reasonable doubt and IML vol.1 and 2 dropped.

you cant understand how much of a trendsetter this guy was.

had a @+#$% thinkin bout versace shirts and speed boats at 12.

he inspired a generation of hustlers.

if you look back at anything you can find 10 people who did it too, but for what its worth, he was always the first.

he started drinkin cristal, people dropped moet.
he stopped drinkin it, everyone did too and moved to ace of spades.

To say Jay didnt start any trends is blasphemous.

BUT... if you werent born between 82-85, you will never understand.

if you were born after, you were >8 years old when reasonable doubt and IML vol.1 and 2 dropped.

you cant understand how much of a trendsetter this guy was.

had a @+#$% thinkin bout versace shirts and speed boats at 12.

he inspired a generation of hustlers.

if you look back at anything you can find 10 people who did it too, but for what its worth, he was always the first.

he started drinkin cristal, people dropped moet.
he stopped drinkin it, everyone did too and moved to ace of spades.

Back
Top Bottom