My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

you get the same exact result as a Jay thread... mainly because majority of both fans tend to be anti the other minus myself and a few others.
laugh.gif
14uuicy.jpg

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

you get the same exact result as a Jay thread... mainly because majority of both fans tend to be anti the other minus myself and a few others.
laugh.gif
14uuicy.jpg

laugh.gif
ztb4u0.gif

laugh.gif
ztb4u0.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by Cuffy

I gather no moss like a rolling stone........smh never caught that. He use a lot of old proverbs and sayings in his bars, he might have been chose...#imjustsayin
You've got to be +!+@$+* kidding me...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stan thread in disguise.

Bunch of dudes that love camel phallus.
Yup.

Jay is no doubt one of the best to ever do it... and people's opinion of who is the "greatest" will always contain a certain degree of subjectivity... but it's ridiculous when people refuse to acknowledge that their favorite rappers have any flaws or inconsistencies or that they're not the best in every single "category."

laugh.gif
Chill broham. Those lines are rap bradaggacio.He did start off by saying "TO ME the best rapper ever...".
Chill?  Oh... ok
eyes.gif

I understand that those lines are "rap braggadocio," the problem is that some of his fans can't seem to understand it.  I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture.

Originally Posted by illphillip

See, we the same, but we different.

ALWAYS loved the man's music. ALWAYS. Not only the ill bars, but even the more club oriented BANGERS (Hey Papi, Who U Wit etc.).

Don't think I even ever disagreed that he's Top 5. The GOAT talk is corny and the only reason I'll even say it's Rakim is because he changed the game. Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman. Which you gotta respect. We had a very active thread a minute ago about GOAT going from Ra to Nas. No mention of Jay. But they are all in the convo no doubt.

But much like you, the man's actions are....questionable.

Come to find with most human beings, there are many sides. So it is what it is.

It's the cats that talk about this man like he is a flawless deity that have the issues. But fans are fans. Blind love is never a wise thing. All good though. Don't effect me none.

Even looking at the "trends" his FANS give him credit for is preposterous. Jersey's was Outkast. Cristal is just a progression of the Dom P/Mo era. It's just a DIFFERENT champagne. Ace Of Spades ain't doing nothing yet. Platinum chains, maybe. Doubt that was all him. 4.6 Ranges weren't a trend. Buttonups, yea, I can see that. Yankee hat? Kind of popular in NY for quite a few decades now.

Jay Z invented wearing all black? Started that trend? OK! That statement is so beyond ridiculous, I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't even see THAT many other's doing it THAT much.
I agree... with all of it.

roll.gif
at the notion that Jay-Z started the "trend" of wearing all black.  Or even "popularized" it... just stop.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by Cuffy

I gather no moss like a rolling stone........smh never caught that. He use a lot of old proverbs and sayings in his bars, he might have been chose...#imjustsayin
You've got to be +!+@$+* kidding me...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stan thread in disguise.

Bunch of dudes that love camel phallus.
Yup.

Jay is no doubt one of the best to ever do it... and people's opinion of who is the "greatest" will always contain a certain degree of subjectivity... but it's ridiculous when people refuse to acknowledge that their favorite rappers have any flaws or inconsistencies or that they're not the best in every single "category."

laugh.gif
Chill broham. Those lines are rap bradaggacio.He did start off by saying "TO ME the best rapper ever...".
Chill?  Oh... ok
eyes.gif

I understand that those lines are "rap braggadocio," the problem is that some of his fans can't seem to understand it.  I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture.

Originally Posted by illphillip

See, we the same, but we different.

ALWAYS loved the man's music. ALWAYS. Not only the ill bars, but even the more club oriented BANGERS (Hey Papi, Who U Wit etc.).

Don't think I even ever disagreed that he's Top 5. The GOAT talk is corny and the only reason I'll even say it's Rakim is because he changed the game. Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman. Which you gotta respect. We had a very active thread a minute ago about GOAT going from Ra to Nas. No mention of Jay. But they are all in the convo no doubt.

But much like you, the man's actions are....questionable.

Come to find with most human beings, there are many sides. So it is what it is.

It's the cats that talk about this man like he is a flawless deity that have the issues. But fans are fans. Blind love is never a wise thing. All good though. Don't effect me none.

Even looking at the "trends" his FANS give him credit for is preposterous. Jersey's was Outkast. Cristal is just a progression of the Dom P/Mo era. It's just a DIFFERENT champagne. Ace Of Spades ain't doing nothing yet. Platinum chains, maybe. Doubt that was all him. 4.6 Ranges weren't a trend. Buttonups, yea, I can see that. Yankee hat? Kind of popular in NY for quite a few decades now.

Jay Z invented wearing all black? Started that trend? OK! That statement is so beyond ridiculous, I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't even see THAT many other's doing it THAT much.
I agree... with all of it.

roll.gif
at the notion that Jay-Z started the "trend" of wearing all black.  Or even "popularized" it... just stop.

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Had NY cats straight DISRESPECTIN females in 99 (Do It Again, Big Pimpin)
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit
The $300 tight #+! Jean phase some of yall went through (Evisu?)

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif
after listening to Volume 1 (Most Underrated Album of All Time IMO)

Jay RAISED the hood. Sensitive Thugs Ya All Need Hugs

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Had NY cats straight DISRESPECTIN females in 99 (Do It Again, Big Pimpin)
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit
The $300 tight #+! Jean phase some of yall went through (Evisu?)

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif
after listening to Volume 1 (Most Underrated Album of All Time IMO)

Jay RAISED the hood. Sensitive Thugs Ya All Need Hugs

"Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman"

A whole generation of current and up-and-coming rappers that are influenced by his conversational, "hit rewind to understand that line again" rap style would disagree with you here.

"Which Jay did as well, but not as an MC, more as a businessman"

A whole generation of current and up-and-coming rappers that are influenced by his conversational, "hit rewind to understand that line again" rap style would disagree with you here.

"I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture"

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

All dude did in his post was say IMO he's the best rapper and then put down some Jay lyrics. I don't think people treat it as gospel, but it sure pisses off people who don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason. ITS ENTERTAINMENT.

"Sensitive thugs y'all need hugs" indeed.

"I mean, he said it... in a song... as "braggadocio"... but a lot of y'all treat it has holy scripture"

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

All dude did in his post was say IMO he's the best rapper and then put down some Jay lyrics. I don't think people treat it as gospel, but it sure pisses off people who don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason. ITS ENTERTAINMENT.

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

Who is pissed off?  Like... really?
laugh.gif

"Don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason?"  What does that even mean?  How do you know people's reasons?  Why do they need a reason?  Why does it matter?  IT'S ENTERTAINMENT
laugh.gif

I honestly don't care who people's favorite rapper is, and I don't can who people think the GOAT is.  Actually I think that Jay-Z is a great candidate for both of those "positions."  I just don't understand people who act like their favorite rapper is a deity.  I mean, my favorite MC is Nas and I think he's the GOAT, but I'm not offended if someone thinks otherwise or if people don't care for his music or for him as a person.

Y'all should really relax

"Y'all?"
laugh.gif

Who is pissed off?  Like... really?
laugh.gif

"Don't agree with Jay as the GOAT for no reason?"  What does that even mean?  How do you know people's reasons?  Why do they need a reason?  Why does it matter?  IT'S ENTERTAINMENT
laugh.gif

I honestly don't care who people's favorite rapper is, and I don't can who people think the GOAT is.  Actually I think that Jay-Z is a great candidate for both of those "positions."  I just don't understand people who act like their favorite rapper is a deity.  I mean, my favorite MC is Nas and I think he's the GOAT, but I'm not offended if someone thinks otherwise or if people don't care for his music or for him as a person.

Y'all should really relax

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
ztb4u0.gif

So now I don't rock with Shawn? Yea... Alright
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
ztb4u0.gif

So now I don't rock with Shawn? Yea... Alright
30t6p3b.gif

Nas>Jay

Jay is my second fav. rapper tho.

roll.gif
at clowns saying he shut down the X5 and started the all black trend. I swear dudes are delusional. Get off the man's balls, have some dignity.
laugh.gif

Nas>Jay

roll.gif
at clowns saying he shut down the X5 and started the all black trend. I swear dudes are delusional. Get off the man's balls, have some dignity.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Nas>Jay

roll.gif
at clowns saying he shut down the X5 and started popularized the all black trend. I swear dudes are delusional. Get off the man's balls, have some dignity.
laugh.gif
Its. true. though.

Back
Top Bottom