My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

HypeBeast McStreetwear- That first drink I dont even know what it is and Nuvo was nothing more than a succesful ad campaign mostly driven by product placement. I could see how some might call it a trend but I dont. And if we're gonna credit Jay with Cristal you have to throw some credit Biggie's way for that too. Once again I dont consider drinks a trend.

As far as throwbacks, you can credit tons of ppl from Kast to Phife to even Kriss Kross. Did he help popularize it, yes, he was one of MANY rappers that did.

Just because Jay was the first person some of y'all heard talk about certain things doesn't mean he started them.

HypeBeast McStreetwear- That first drink I dont even know what it is and Nuvo was nothing more than a succesful ad campaign mostly driven by product placement. I could see how some might call it a trend but I dont. And if we're gonna credit Jay with Cristal you have to throw some credit Biggie's way for that too. Once again I dont consider drinks a trend.

As far as throwbacks, you can credit tons of ppl from Kast to Phife to even Kriss Kross. Did he help popularize it, yes, he was one of MANY rappers that did.

Just because Jay was the first person some of y'all heard talk about certain things doesn't mean he started them.

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how u personally hate someone u dont know? _s is clowns these days man...

Quit playin _, you know having these _s faces and voices around 24/7 make us feel like we know all these entertainers. Imo he mistreated a lot of people to get where he is, and that just make me feel some kind of way about his integrity...but that's childish to let that cloud my judgement of his lyrics.

Besides, what do you know %@%#@? You from Cleveland

i separate artists from their music... i dont give a +*!@ about jay-z as a person... im a fan of his music... thats the problem yall be out here idolizing these _s... i heard most of my favorite artists are a holes... im not bout to stop listenin cuz i dont care...

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how u personally hate someone u dont know? _s is clowns these days man...

Quit playin _, you know having these _s faces and voices around 24/7 make us feel like we know all these entertainers. Imo he mistreated a lot of people to get where he is, and that just make me feel some kind of way about his integrity...but that's childish to let that cloud my judgement of his lyrics.

Besides, what do you know %@%#@? You from Cleveland

i separate artists from their music... i dont give a +*!@ about jay-z as a person... im a fan of his music... thats the problem yall be out here idolizing these _s... i heard most of my favorite artists are a holes... im not bout to stop listenin cuz i dont care...

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif
Once again, it's bragging in rap.Besides, Jay is among the most visible artists in MUSIC (not just rap). Even if you don't start a trend, it can take off if you're as popular as he is.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif
Once again, it's bragging in rap.Besides, Jay is among the most visible artists in MUSIC (not just rap). Even if you don't start a trend, it can take off if you're as popular as he is.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

To me the best rapper ever.
Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories
Most charisma, I set the most trends
And my interviews are hotter
Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.
Nah that title goes to Kool G. Rap

Holla
Jay's lyrics are so great because you always find something new about them. Really have to listen carefully to really understand his greatness.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

you get the same exact result as a Jay thread... mainly because majority of both fans tend to be anti the other minus myself and a few others.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I love Pac, Big and Nas But IMO Jay is better. The classic albums speak for themselves. Its funny how people hate on Jay for no damn reason.
laugh.gif
See thats the thing there is a reason. People don't hate Jay-z...they hate his fans. Stans and haters off set one another. Every truly great artists has them both. For however big an artist gets there will be those who embrace SUPER hard or rebel SUPER hard. If someone makes a Cam appreciation or NaS or Pusha T then thats all cool. If you make a Jay-Z or Em then you a ********r, stan, or slurper.

you get the same exact result as a Jay thread... mainly because majority of both fans tend to be anti the other minus myself and a few others.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mossman75

Holla
I put those lyrics to create conversation and i guess it worked. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mossman75

Holla
I put those lyrics to create conversation and i guess it worked. 
laugh.gif

Had a dream I said, bout who he said?
Bout B.I.G. I said, that's big he said
Dig what he said, proceed he said
Indeed I said, so - breathe I did

Had a dream I said, bout who he said?
Bout B.I.G. I said, that's big he said
Dig what he said, proceed he said
Indeed I said, so - breathe I did

Back
Top Bottom