My personal hatred for Shawn Carter kept me ignorant

I also think he brought Jeep Wranglers back, he randomly starts popping up in them
beyonceletmeeatcake04.jpg

beyonce-driving.jpg

then
Lebron

lebron-james-jeep-wrangler1203.jpg

Diddy

Fab
FabsJeep-515x386.jpg

Ciara
157lwyo.png

call me crazy

I also think he brought Jeep Wranglers back, he randomly starts popping up in them
beyonceletmeeatcake04.jpg

beyonce-driving.jpg

then
Lebron

lebron-james-jeep-wrangler1203.jpg

Diddy

Fab
FabsJeep-515x386.jpg

Ciara
157lwyo.png

call me crazy

Originally Posted by likethematrix

To say Jay didnt start any trends is blasphemous.

BUT... if you werent born between 82-85, you will never understand.

if you were born after, you were >8 years old when reasonable doubt and IML vol.1 and 2 dropped.

you cant understand how much of a trendsetter this guy was.

had a @+#$% thinkin bout versace shirts and speed boats at 12.

he inspired a generation of hustlers.

if you look back at anything you can find 10 people who did it too, but for what its worth, he was always the first.

he started drinkin cristal, people dropped moet.
he stopped drinkin it, everyone did too and moved to ace of spades.
Like I said in the previous page...

"Just because Jay was the first person some of y'all heard talk about certain things doesn't mean he started them."

To say Jay started so many trends is blasphemous.

If you were born between 82-85 you might not understand.

Biggie had %@%*!$ thinking about Versace before Jay did,  not to mention Cristal also.

Kool G Rap inspired a generation of hustlers almost ten years before Jay did.

Ppl like NWA and PE were wearing all black before Jay picked up a mic.

AS already stated,  Jay didn't really start much,  at most he re-popularized things most of his fans were too young to remember had already been done.  But since Jay is more relevant,  for lack of a better word than the ppl who did it before him, most ppl assume he was the first.

Let me also state that ANYONE who starts and/or stops drinking certain drinks, driving certain cars because a rapper told them to, is lame.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

To say Jay didnt start any trends is blasphemous.

BUT... if you werent born between 82-85, you will never understand.

if you were born after, you were >8 years old when reasonable doubt and IML vol.1 and 2 dropped.

you cant understand how much of a trendsetter this guy was.

had a @+#$% thinkin bout versace shirts and speed boats at 12.

he inspired a generation of hustlers.

if you look back at anything you can find 10 people who did it too, but for what its worth, he was always the first.

he started drinkin cristal, people dropped moet.
he stopped drinkin it, everyone did too and moved to ace of spades.
Like I said in the previous page...

"Just because Jay was the first person some of y'all heard talk about certain things doesn't mean he started them."

To say Jay started so many trends is blasphemous.

If you were born between 82-85 you might not understand.

Biggie had %@%*!$ thinking about Versace before Jay did,  not to mention Cristal also.

Kool G Rap inspired a generation of hustlers almost ten years before Jay did.

Ppl like NWA and PE were wearing all black before Jay picked up a mic.

AS already stated,  Jay didn't really start much,  at most he re-popularized things most of his fans were too young to remember had already been done.  But since Jay is more relevant,  for lack of a better word than the ppl who did it before him, most ppl assume he was the first.

Let me also state that ANYONE who starts and/or stops drinking certain drinks, driving certain cars because a rapper told them to, is lame.

Firstly, Rhester I think you're right on that. Secondly, you don't necessarily have to be the first person to do something to start a trend. Sure there were plenty of people who wore all black before Jay-Z, but you're kidding yourself if you think the people who are following the trend now aren't doing so because Jay-Z said it in a rap.

Firstly, Rhester I think you're right on that. Secondly, you don't necessarily have to be the first person to do something to start a trend. Sure there were plenty of people who wore all black before Jay-Z, but you're kidding yourself if you think the people who are following the trend now aren't doing so because Jay-Z said it in a rap.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Had NY cats straight DISRESPECTIN females in 99 (Do It Again, Big Pimpin)
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit
The $300 tight #+! Jean phase some of yall went through (Evisu?)

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif
after listening to Volume 1 (Most Underrated Album of All Time IMO)

Jay RAISED the hood. Sensitive Thugs Ya All Need Hugs

Evisu's ( Japanese line not he Mainline or Eu line ) aren't even Tight #%$#% .. 

I got an old pair from '01 and I'm swimming in it .. 
laugh.gif

White T's? 
laugh.gif
 .. %+$%$% been wearing regular white T's in my hood long before Jay made that popular 
eyes.gif

Ya'll %+$%$% wanna give that man credit for damn near everything ..

All he did was make you fools look like the biggest sheep ever 

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit

List goes on and on...........To not call that man a Trendsetter is straight disrespectful.

As far as Jay and his older material is concerned, Hov is like Wine, it gets better with age, I still catch myself with the
eek.gif

Evisu's ( Japanese line not he Mainline or Eu line ) aren't even Tight #%$#% .. 

I got an old pair from '01 and I'm swimming in it .. 
laugh.gif

White T's? 
laugh.gif
 .. %+$%$% been wearing regular white T's in my hood long before Jay made that popular 
eyes.gif

Ya'll %+$%$% wanna give that man credit for damn near everything ..

All he did was make you fools look like the biggest sheep ever 

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit

eek.gif

he invented misogyny?

Motorola 2 Way Pagers
Killed the X5
Made Reebok relevant
Maybachs
White Tees as an Outfit

eek.gif

he invented misogyny?

jay did not get cristal poppin

ghost and rae did. they were sippin it in 94 before jay was even known of. (dont mention hawain sophie)

jay did not make white tees popular,people in every ghetto in the united states have been wearing these since the 70's.
i know for a fact we were wearing em hard in middle school and high school b4 jay even dropped reasonable doubt.

to a lot of you lames you guys say that he started trends,because thats the first time YOU were exposed to it.

only trends ill say he truly started are:

ace of spades
button up shirts

ghost and rae did. they were sippin it in 94 before jay was even known of. (dont mention hawain sophie)

jay did not make white tees popular,people in every ghetto in the united states have been wearing these since the 70's.
i know for a fact we were wearing em hard in middle school and high school b4 jay even dropped reasonable doubt.

to a lot of you lames you guys say that he started trends,because thats the first time YOU were exposed to it.

only trends ill say he truly started are:

ace of spades
button up shirts

laugh.gif
@ tryin to credit ghost and rae for starting trends like everybody listens to wu tang... ++%!@

just cuz they were doing it where u from dont mean the entire country what doing it...

laugh.gif
@ tryin to credit ghost and rae for starting trends like everybody listens to wu tang... ++%!@

just cuz they were doing it where u from dont mean the entire country what doing it...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

laugh.gif

nobody was listening to wu-tang back then???

dumbest @!$ i ever heard

wu-tangs fame from 1993-1997 (maybe 98) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jay-z's fame

thats underground and national

and the white tees i know for a fact texas, the whole south, cali, and detroit was rockin'em. 

man you must have been 7 years old back then, i guess you were really in tune wit hip-hop and the hood

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

laugh.gif

dumbest @!$ i ever heard

wu-tangs fame from 1993-1997 (maybe 98) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jay-z's fame

and the white tees i know for a fact texas, the whole south, cali, and detroit was rockin'em. 

man you must have been 7 years old back then, i guess you were really in tune wit hip-hop and the hood

ghost and rae did.

So now Jay didn't get Cristal poppin huh??  Blatant hate at best.  It's clear to see that Jay got Cristal poppin in the hip hop community, not Ghost and Rae.  I think Ghost and Rae mentioned it like 1 time on OB4CL going off memory.  Even when they did mention it, nobody cared.  Jay started doing videos with Cristal and mentioned it in his lyrics and from there rappers followed.  Here it is myself and others are telling folks how and why 2+2=4 and you dudes want to say otherwise, it's cool though, I'll let you dudes have your fun. 

ghost and rae did.

So now Jay didn't get Cristal poppin huh??  Blatant hate at best.  It's clear to see that Jay got Cristal poppin in the hip hop community, not Ghost and Rae.  I think Ghost and Rae mentioned it like 1 time on OB4CL going off memory.  Even when they did mention it, nobody cared.  Jay started doing videos with Cristal and mentioned it in his lyrics and from there rappers followed.  Here it is myself and others are telling folks how and why 2+2=4 and you dudes want to say otherwise, it's cool though, I'll let you dudes have your fun. 

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

MusicalExcellence wrote:

laugh.gif

dumbest +$$ i ever heard

when has wu ever moved 5 million copies of an album?

jay did in 98... u cant seriously think wu tang has a bigger appeal than jay... u just cant... stop thinkin bout the hood and the east coast for a minute... this dude has the highest sellin reebok shoe man... do u understand how big that is? wu tang dont have half the influence man...

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

MusicalExcellence wrote:

laugh.gif

dumbest +$$ i ever heard

when has wu ever moved 5 million copies of an album?

jay did in 98... u cant seriously think wu tang has a bigger appeal than jay... u just cant... stop thinkin bout the hood and the east coast for a minute... this dude has the highest sellin reebok shoe man... do u understand how big that is? wu tang dont have half the influence man...

I remember specifically David Stern saying Jay Z is the reason for jersey declines. It was during the lottery pick when Jay was the representative for the Nets. I cant find video tho.

I remember specifically David Stern saying Jay Z is the reason for jersey declines. It was during the lottery pick when Jay was the representative for the Nets. I cant find video tho.

Jay didn't start alot of these trends but he popularized them. Yal are arguin too different points.

Back
Top Bottom