NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

In regards to team ratings, they are simply a culmination of the Start 5 of each team. Basically an average/sum of those parts. So don't expect teamsratings to EVER reflect a team's identity because they won't. Hope that makes sense.

I think they should just do away with ratings for teams. I think they should have rankings in specific categories. Much like the team select screen in NBA Live95

682438.png

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Bulls averaged 102.2 ppg last season...

And our offense is 71 - and yet our defense is 73? This isn't 2006.
indifferent.gif
Ben Gordon is playing in Auburn Hills.
Doesn't make a damn difference. We have other scoring options.
Who besides Rose do you think will honestly be consistent this year.

Originally Posted by makavelighost

how do yall know AI is rated an 83? i didnt see him on the grizzlies roster
Scroll down to the Free Agents.
he's the first one.

Grizzlies rated 80 w/o Iverson....
pimp.gif

Durant's rating would be fine looking at Rudy being 4 points lower, but Iguodala is an 84. That just doesn't look right.

Durant- 84
Iguodala - 80
Gay - 78

That's how they should've did it.

indifferent.gif
John Salmons, Brad Miller, Kirk Hinrich.

From the 2K SPorts forums

First of all, this game would probably have given around 2150-2200 in DC, this is what I got for a pretty much "perfect game" in Summer League:

3955003968_2769f0cd3d.jpg

No, there simply isn't any short shorts in the game, nobody will have them
Magic in edit mode:

3955014996_040390848b.jpg

3954235613_0b4fbce53e.jpg

3955015382_194096cb59.jpg

As for the other questions, it's 5min quarters in Summer League and Training Camp, that's all I know so far. I'm hoping it's adjustable in NBAbecause playing without sim stats would suck. But I don't know yet.

As for questions about Association and Exhibition Games (custom arena music), I'm not trying that stuff yet. I want to get My Player into the NBA to seewhat that's like first.

indifferent.gif
2wcqg47.gif

Nuggets footage
pimp.gif

All of the "NBA Today" stuff is amazing; really adds to the experience. Can't wait to try this game out, I'm hoping I like how it feels.

not impressed as much...

-commentary on future game seemed so forced and awkward
-that western conference playoff standings looked and sounded cheesy
-game play to me looks fairly similar

- the animations and pre-game stuff look cute...and are nice to watch...but we all know after aobut the 6-7th game we don't want to see carter pull up onthe rim or lebron dust his chalk...we just wan't to play

and i don't understand why people keep saying we are expecting too much and this and that....what is up with all these apologetic views for a gamingcompany? the point for them is to MAKE THE GAME BETTER...people are paying 60 bucks for this game...hard earned money, why shouldn't they expect adifferent game and substantial improvements?

making excuses for a gaming company that treats their consumers like dirt... (look at numerous instances from 2k9)...and we should not have a right to expectmore and improvements?

this is one of the reason im jumping to live and will probabaly play that a little more than this....just so i can have a new gaming experience thisyear....rather than the feel of playing 2k9 again..

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Nuggets footage
pimp.gif

All of the "NBA Today" stuff is amazing; really adds to the experience. Can't wait to try this game out, I'm hoping I like how it feels.
Yes it really adds another element to the game. I am loving the stat overlays this year man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jasko Mostar

looks smooth and all, but why ain't these dudes missing? lol
Out of the box and on pro difficulty with default sliders. You know things will be very easy in terms of shooting %'s.

As with any year, a few adjustments to the shooting sliders will fix everything

Originally Posted by r0yalty

indifferent.gif
2wcqg47.gif

amd_xzibit.jpg

Originally Posted by copped

not impressed as much...

-commentary on future game seemed so forced and awkward
-that western conference playoff standings looked and sounded cheesy
-game play to me looks fairly similar

- the animations and pre-game stuff look cute...and are nice to watch...but we all know after aobut the 6-7th game we don't want to see carter pull up on the rim or lebron dust his chalk...we just wan't to play

and i don't understand why people keep saying we are expecting too much and this and that....what is up with all these apologetic views for a gaming company? the point for them is to MAKE THE GAME BETTER...people are paying 60 bucks for this game...hard earned money, why shouldn't they expect a different game and substantial improvements?

making excuses for a gaming company that treats their consumers like dirt... (look at numerous instances from 2k9)...and we should not have a right to expect more and improvements?

this is one of the reason im jumping to live and will probabaly play that a little more than this....just so i can have a new gaming experience this year....rather than the feel of playing 2k9 again..
The gameplay for sports games are always the same. That's why I haven't bought and will not buy Madden 10. I played Live 09 and Live 10feels the same exact way as its predecessor did. Like really what the !*++ do you want? This team is also working on NHL 2K10 and the MLB series. Leaps andbounds in sports games are done in cycles. People complain about graphics, you know what? A new engine/improvements aren't done overnight. It takes time,time that studios don't have when working on sports games because of the cycle. 2K has always had the same graphics throughout the 2K basketball series(I've owned every NBA 2K game). EA, a much bigger studio with money to burn, focused on graphics first during the transition to next-gen rather thangameplay and got criticized for it. They have a little over 11 months to start from scratch until the game is in its Gold stage and ready to ship. They try tocram as much as they can into the game before the due date. That's why improvements are made in increments. HybridSoldier said it in another threadregarding game testing/designing that its one of the most difficult and overrated jobs that one can have. People think that its easy to add a new feature.Testing that new feature takes weeks, sometimes months. If you have that much of a problem just rent the game. Games cost $60 so that some profit can be seen,even if its $100. Making games isn't cheap at all. Like I said here and Operation Sports, you guys @$!%% and moan about everything. Hard earned money? Ifyou can drop $65 on a game then you obviously aren't hurting in the pocket that much.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I played Live 09 and Live 10 feels the same exact way as its predecessor did.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that, and I'm sure most will, even if they didn't like Live 10.

Live 09 was on the verge of unplayable.

Originally Posted by r0yalty

indifferent.gif
2wcqg47.gif

amd_xzibit.jpg
I mean, dude had a point though.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I played Live 09 and Live 10 feels the same exact way as its predecessor did.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that, and I'm sure most will, even if they didn't like Live 10.

Live 09 was on the verge of unplayable.
Most of NT hasn't played Live 09. Live 09 wasn't a bad game but I couldn't see myself parting with my money after that weedplatecalled NBA 2K9 and EA's track record with the Live series post-Playstation 2.

eek.gif
at the commentary this game may just be the best sports game ever. I just wish they could improve the passing and hopefully online runs great.

Most of NT hasn't played Live 09. Live 09 wasn't a bad game but I couldn't see myself parting with my money after that weedplate called NBA 2K9 and EA's track record with the Live series post-Playstation 2.
I never played the retail Live 09, just the demo. Live 10 is quite the leap from 09, in my opinion.

game looks good to me. im not looking for too much to change like most people, 2k9 was great IMO but all i really care about is updated rosters and thats it.2k10 will be great in my book as long as the controls arent too different and harder from 2k9.

Back
Top Bottom