NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by copped

not impressed as much...

-commentary on future game seemed so forced and awkward
-that western conference playoff standings looked and sounded cheesy
-game play to me looks fairly similar

- the animations and pre-game stuff look cute...and are nice to watch...but we all know after aobut the 6-7th game we don't want to see carter pull up on the rim or lebron dust his chalk...we just wan't to play

and i don't understand why people keep saying we are expecting too much and this and that....what is up with all these apologetic views for a gaming company? the point for them is to MAKE THE GAME BETTER...people are paying 60 bucks for this game...hard earned money, why shouldn't they expect a different game and substantial improvements?

making excuses for a gaming company that treats their consumers like dirt... (look at numerous instances from 2k9)...and we should not have a right to expect more and improvements?

this is one of the reason im jumping to live and will probabaly play that a little more than this....just so i can have a new gaming experience this year....rather than the feel of playing 2k9 again..
The gameplay for sports games are always the same. That's why I haven't bought and will not buy Madden 10. I played Live 09 and Live 10 feels the same exact way as its predecessor did. Like really what the !*++ do you want? This team is also working on NHL 2K10 and the MLB series. Leaps and bounds in sports games are done in cycles. People complain about graphics, you know what? A new engine/improvements aren't done overnight. It takes time, time that studios don't have when working on sports games because of the cycle. 2K has always had the same graphics throughout the 2K basketball series (I've owned every NBA 2K game). EA, a much bigger studio with money to burn, focused on graphics first during the transition to next-gen rather than gameplay and got criticized for it. They have a little over 11 months to start from scratch until the game is in its Gold stage and ready to ship. They try to cram as much as they can into the game before the due date. That's why improvements are made in increments. HybridSoldier said it in another thread regarding game testing/designing that its one of the most difficult and overrated jobs that one can have. People think that its easy to add a new feature. Testing that new feature takes weeks, sometimes months. If you have that much of a problem just rent the game. Games cost $60 so that some profit can be seen, even if its $100. Making games isn't cheap at all. Like I said here and Operation Sports, you guys @$!%% and moan about everything. Hard earned money? If you can drop $65 on a game then you obviously aren't hurting in the pocket that much.

I can think of lots i could of done wit 65 dollars than spent on a half assed game. Not about pockets hurting, it's about getting a good product.McDonald's 1$ cheeseburger won't break your pockets, but will you go buy it if they are serving old, stale burgers? no

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
My Blazers
pimp.gif
. Game looks smooth from these videos. Thelittle things makes such a difference. The shots are more on point this time than the previous two games, especially Melo's shot. Can't wait!

Btw, Melo doesn't even look like Melo.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif
at the commentary from the stats from previous games and around the league to the reaction they had to melo catching that alley.. its just the soundtrack is just.. well..
tired.gif
smh.gif

If anyone wants to help out, over at OS we are trying to put together an arena music project. Basically sharing music files to rip onto our 360s for use in thegame. They have custom arena music this year - http://www.operationsport...custom-music-thread.html

Pics: http://farm3.static.flick...2877650_bcbc11e2ec_o.jpg

Press Y to toggle player/arena mode - http://farm4.static.flick...3731989_f1e0e9b682_o.jpg

MomentousCeltic;2040231864 wrote:
Ok, I put the ESPN song in for the tip-off but it doesn't start until the the 2K's tune goes off.

I suggest you get a few CD-RW's if you plan on using this feature.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

Originally Posted by young718chris

So you're sayin 'Bron, Kobe, and Wade are each equal?

No they're not equal. Only a fool would have to believe that. All I'm sayin' is that based off their performance from last season, MVP candidates and all, they were on another level than their peers. Giving them a 99 rating for once would do them justice. Everyone's ratings suck though.
SO having their ratings on another level (not giving them a 99 in the process) isn't enough? MUST they have a 99? If so, why? Because it is nice to look at?

Yea it'll be nice to look at cuz these ratings are TRASH!!!

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by copped

not impressed as much...

-commentary on future game seemed so forced and awkward
-that western conference playoff standings looked and sounded cheesy
-game play to me looks fairly similar

- the animations and pre-game stuff look cute...and are nice to watch...but we all know after aobut the 6-7th game we don't want to see carter pull up on the rim or lebron dust his chalk...we just wan't to play

and i don't understand why people keep saying we are expecting too much and this and that....what is up with all these apologetic views for a gaming company? the point for them is to MAKE THE GAME BETTER...people are paying 60 bucks for this game...hard earned money, why shouldn't they expect a different game and substantial improvements?

making excuses for a gaming company that treats their consumers like dirt... (look at numerous instances from 2k9)...and we should not have a right to expect more and improvements?

this is one of the reason im jumping to live and will probabaly play that a little more than this....just so i can have a new gaming experience this year....rather than the feel of playing 2k9 again..
The gameplay for sports games are always the same. That's why I haven't bought and will not buy Madden 10. I played Live 09 and Live 10 feels the same exact way as its predecessor did. Like really what the !*++ do you want? This team is also working on NHL 2K10 and the MLB series. Leaps and bounds in sports games are done in cycles. People complain about graphics, you know what? A new engine/improvements aren't done overnight. It takes time, time that studios don't have when working on sports games because of the cycle. 2K has always had the same graphics throughout the 2K basketball series (I've owned every NBA 2K game). EA, a much bigger studio with money to burn, focused on graphics first during the transition to next-gen rather than gameplay and got criticized for it. They have a little over 11 months to start from scratch until the game is in its Gold stage and ready to ship. They try to cram as much as they can into the game before the due date. That's why improvements are made in increments. HybridSoldier said it in another thread regarding game testing/designing that its one of the most difficult and overrated jobs that one can have. People think that its easy to add a new feature. Testing that new feature takes weeks, sometimes months. If you have that much of a problem just rent the game. Games cost $60 so that some profit can be seen, even if its $100. Making games isn't cheap at all. Like I said here and Operation Sports, you guys @$!%% and moan about everything. Hard earned money? If you can drop $65 on a game then you obviously aren't hurting in the pocket that much.

I can think of lots i could of done wit 65 dollars than spent on a half assed game. Not about pockets hurting, it's about getting a good product. McDonald's 1$ cheeseburger won't break your pockets, but will you go buy it if they are serving old, stale burgers? no

Like I said if you have a hard time spending your money then rent the game first. You have no one but to blame yourself when you take the L on a crappy game.Use Gamefly, its a great service. Use Blockbuster. Always finding a reason to complain.

WOW I think I'm gonna go all out with the custom music stuff now. That's probably one of the best features they put in 2K10.

As for those association videos, the presentation was great. Gameplay seemed a little unrealistic, not one foul call? Barely any missed shots? But it was goodthat the AI kept going to Melo cuz he was on fire.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

game looks good to me. im not looking for too much to change like most people, 2k9 was great IMO but all i really care about is updated rosters and thats it. 2k10 will be great in my book as long as the controls arent too different and harder from 2k9.
QFT

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

WOW I think I'm gonna go all out with the custom music stuff now. That's probably one of the best features they put in 2K10.

As for those association videos, the presentation was great. Gameplay seemed a little unrealistic, not one foul call? Barely any missed shots? But it was good that the AI kept going to Melo cuz he was on fire.
it was on pro difficulty...

^^^^While I disagree with the pic,
laugh.gif
pretty funny.

and yea Durant an 82 is absurd, But i'm glad they revamped the rating system. Last year if your team had a starting 5 with nobody rated in the 90's,your team automatically sucked.

now it rewards teams with players rated in the 80's, and it allows you to better capitalize on matchups (At least that's my assumption).

I am sure that individuals will upload custom rosters to reflect their actual ratings, so ratings to me are of little importance

i dont see anything wrong with the ratings.... some players just didnt ball out last year... ratings cant be based on reputation.
even though i hate Rajon Rondo, and hate the Celtics, i must give props... dude DID beast the hell out almost avg a triple double in the playoffs....
im sure the rating for him is a high rebound and high passing probably high finishing at the basket.... he is not gonna torch anybody for 40 points if you playto his weakness (Outside shooting)

and they adjusting the ratings from 25-99, so it makes sense

Originally Posted by yungchris504

I am sure that individuals will upload custom rosters to reflect their actual ratings, so ratings to me are of little importance

How the hell are dudes supposed to upload "actual" ratings? Gonna do more damage changing people's ratings. There's no much wrong with theratings.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by yungchris504

How the hell are dudes supposed to upload "actual" ratings? Gonna do more damage changing people's ratings. There's no much wrong with the ratings.
I don't think the ratings are off either considering they changed to a (25 - 99) system. I am just saying for those who are complaining aboutplayer ratings being jacked I am sure someone ill try to adjust to what they think certain players should be ala Kevin Durant

Back
Top Bottom