NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

played the Live & 2K demos back-to-back...I will say Live is headed in the right direction and feels like it has a lot of potential, but 2K still feels hasthe closest thing to real simulation basketball.

This is the closest Live has gotten to 2K since the one with Melo on the cover tho...

so you think you gonna be able to download extra kicks?... it would be extra dope if they threw some foamers or some 1/2 cents on there....

DCAllAmerican wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/v/g0pMGXc0HMI&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/g0pMGXc0HMI&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/g0pMGXc0HMI&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/g0pMGXc0HMI&hl=en&fs=1&

nice
pimp.gif
...but how come kobe still has his zk4?...does anyone know if we canunlock the zk5 down the line?

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No, I HATE fantasy leagues. Right ones or wrong ones. I HATE drafting players onto teams. I like rosters to be true to life

WOW, finally someone feels the same way i feel.
cosign with both y'all...

played the demo..

-why does phil jackson still stand up? when i saw him sitting down from the beginning of the game in the gameplay vids i thought they finally got thatdown...but i guess not
laugh.gif

-why did they change the sound of the rim/swish? it sounds kinda cartoony...anyone else notice this?
-man i thought kobe bryant looked more realistic in 2k9 than 2k10...can we get a pic-to-pic comparison? plus his shot is kinda weird...i read somewhere he didmocap for his own shot...but @+%? anyone else feel its not true to life?...i also hope they fix ray allens shot they butchered him for the past two years evenwith the updated version in 2k9
-why do both coaches do the exact same thing...lol i see phil jackson crossed leg on the bench...i bring the ball up and van gundy doing the same thing
laugh.gif

-rashard lewis shot looks off...
-the left stick needs some adjusting to for players coming into 2k10 from 2k9..i try to do a cross over and dude goes into a post move...practice needed here
-they still dont have the lighting down for staples centre...the ambience isn't even true to life...if you play live10 demo i think the staples centre isdone a little better...what you think? same with MSG i seen it in the gameplay vids..and the ambience isn't true to life either....can't wait to seehow live10 looks playing in MSG
- i don't get why they took of lock on D...that is like the only way to actually play defense...this new system is going to make it impossible to playmanual D...i liked how it was last year...when something isn't broke why fix it? don't get this at all...defense on live10 is also non-existence

other than all the small things...this does seem like a 2k9 upgraded...slightly new face models, some new animations, A LOT BETTER commentary...refinedgraphics...removal of some bugs..and the addition to customizing arena music is fun and allows to make things true to life...but again for those who are onlineplayers mostly (like myself)...i am already assuming that this option wont be possible playing online in ranked games or w/e...so to me its once again not abig feature but i can see how it might be for others...

regardless of it all both 2k10 and live10 copped by default being a basketball fan...but might lean towards playing live10 more just to get that 'newgame' feeling...

oh im sure this demo is the final product seeing as how they most likely have had to ship out the product already in order to be in stores by oct.6 , andbecause there already is torrents online...unless they purposely put up a watered down copy to make the real one seem better..which wouldn't make sense ifthey want to lure in more customers...

im down for a sim league though...hopefully not FANTASY...I guess we could do a draw for who picks 1-30...that way it wont be first come first serve basiswhich would make some players not want to play...if someone does a draw of 30 names and then in order those players get to pick the team they want...1 beingfirst choice and 30 last (or 29 forgot how many teams)...

GT: mnassari

Loving the demo!
-Speed of the game is much more sim
-Nice help defense
-Turbo bar is a plus
-Gotta get your stick game right like madden for D
-Graphic are alright
-Loving the sig stuff, and dunks

Cant wait so I can play my player mode.

p.s. i can do the draw...once we get 29 or 30 committed players to do a SIM league...with true to life rosters...lets get a thread going now

I was not impressed with the demo either

I am actually contemplating not buying 2k10 this year

but i need a basketball game to play, and the live demo is pretty arcadish

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

didnt like the demo, the menu was pissin me off i was like WHY WONT IT STAY!

They went back to the 2k2 style menus, where you have to hold the analog stick in a certain direction and hold it there before you select a an option

The demo is on Pro difficulty and is a stripped down version of the final build. I wouldn't base my decision to purchase the game based on the demo. Samegoes for Live 10, but I did absolutely hate getting ripped everytime my player was in the paint, regardless of ball handling ability. Live 10 has some betterplayer faces and better atmosphere in some arenas, but I'd go with 2K10 gameplay wise.

Originally Posted by copped

p.s. i can do the draw...once we get 29 or 30 committed players to do a SIM league...with true to life rosters...lets get a thread going now
I just think asking 30 folks is too much. A more efficient league would have no more than about 12 users. Trust me man. Those leagues with a largenumber of participants never get finished

for guys that have run successful leagues, what do you suggest for the pace of the league?

What I mean is sometimes it seems like you have a hand-full of guys that complete too many games too soon
so it kinda rushes things for others that may not be able to do that, so it looks like they're not active.

What you should do is NOT have a flex schedule. Only allow folks to play 1 game per week. That way folks won't get bored. It will keep it fresh. Much likethe NFL Season

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What you should do is NOT have a flex schedule. Only allow folks to play 1 game per week. That way folks won't get bored. It will keep it fresh. Much like the NFL Season
Good idea. Plus some of us actually have busy lives so we're not able to play as much as we would like to. I'll be good once I finishschool on November 6th and then I will have my evenings back.

The demo really isn't that bad. I think sometimes people find anything to complain about. I see improvement, but its not like how the full game will lookso I expect it to be better anyways. Live still isn't on 2K's level just yet. When I played Live, it was just too easy to score and dunk on opponents.Until Live gets rid of that arcad-#%@ feel, I'll stick to 2K.

Live wins this year...player control > all, I like being able to decide where i wanna go on the court, doing the exact dribbling you want and thefootplanting. 2k10 is straight but I'll get live 1st this year...both games are good though

Demo Str8. Wish we could see a little more features though. Gameplay iZ 2 slow though in the Demo. Definitely copping the game on Tuesday

Originally Posted by copped

I'm down....

I'm down for a fantasy league as well......

Originally Posted by jretro23

1 game a week? hell nah. minimum 3-4 games depending on how many games there are in the season.

This I agree with.

It would take forever to finish the league and imo the interest of people.

Couple games a week keeps me entertained.

Originally Posted by and1play5

Live wins this year...player control > all, I like being able to decide where i wanna go on the court, doing the exact dribbling you want and the footplanting. 2k10 is straight but I'll get live 1st this year...both games are good though

exactly why i'm switching to live this year (which hurts to say, i've been with 2k since dreamcast)

bjamez20 wrote:
and1play5 wrote:
Live wins this year...player control > all, I like being able to decide where i wanna go on the court, doing the exact dribbling you want and the footplanting. 2k10 is straight but I'll get live 1st this year...both games are good though

exactly why i'm switching to live this year (which hurts to say, i've been with 2k since dreamcast)

You guys do know that you can make the 2k controls like live right? I think it's alternant b or something like that. and as far as I see it works exactlythe same way.

But I played both demos back to back. And its still 2k> live just not by that much anymore. IMO live is just to acrade like. For example I was dribblingwith D. Fish and this dude did a fake behind the back lay-up with like 3 people around him and that crap went in. I went baseline with Kobe and he did awindmil where he didn't take a step or nonthing, he just jump up and dunked that joint.
laugh.gif
With like two people around him. I can not except this, atleast in 2k you haveto work a little bit.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom