NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Slow Game play
Players are hard to control
Online is always down
Players get tired easily
Slow many problems.

Like it lost its fun factor. Ive purchased Nba 2k since Iverson was the cover. Ever since the first installment on dreamcast, i have never touched a EAbasketball product. This is the first year in which im not feeling it. Why didnt they just keep the same model of 2k9, fixed a few problems and called it anight. Im pretty sure it would've still been called bball game of the year. But instead they decide to change the whole thing. Its like i have to sit hourslearning the game and controls before i fully enjoy it. Dont mess with anything thats not broken.

i didnt pay $65 of my hard earned cash for this. Im about to rent Live before i sell this

for myplayer mode

ive completed 4/6 games already

for some reason, i cant start my fifth game, everytime i click next game, my game freezes, can anyone help me out

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

for myplayer mode

ive completed 4/6 games already

for some reason, i cant start my fifth game, everytime i click next game, my game freezes, can anyone help me out
try completing a drill before starting the 5th game

So I bought 2k10. Its the first basketball game I played since Live '96 for the Nintendo 64.

This game looks nuts, but in all seriousness, how the hell do you play it? I looked ta the instruction book and the controls are a bit intimidating.

I really want to get into the game and start playing so any tips on how to "get it." There just way too many controls to understand.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Slow Game play
Players are hard to control
Online is always down
Players get tired easily
Slow many problems.

Like it lost its fun factor. Ive purchased Nba 2k since Iverson was the cover. Ever since the first installment on dreamcast, i have never touched a EA basketball product. This is the first year in which im not feeling it. Why didnt they just keep the same model of 2k9, fixed a few problems and called it a night. Im pretty sure it would've still been called bball game of the year. But instead they decide to change the whole thing. Its like i have to sit hours learning the game and controls before i fully enjoy it. Dont mess with anything thats not broken.

i didnt pay $65 of my hard earned cash for this. Im about to rent Live before i sell this

So we all could complain about how it's the same game and etc..etc..

how do you find these SLIDERS??

where do I change sliders? I don't even see the word in the manual

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Where's the NT PS3ers at?

LuvRBoy13 is my PS3 name. Add me as a friend. Same to everybody else as well.

I just bought the game last night. I haven't gone through the 100 pages, but is anybody else having a hard time playing pickup game in My Player made? Everytime the game starts, it automatically shuts down and says there was a problem with the connection. I know my broadband is working just fine.....should Iexchange the game???

Originally Posted by HOVKid

So I bought 2k10. Its the first basketball game I played since Live '96 for the Nintendo 64.

This game looks nuts, but in all seriousness, how the hell do you play it? I looked ta the instruction book and the controls are a bit intimidating.

I really want to get into the game and start playing so any tips on how to "get it." There just way too many controls to understand.

Thanks.
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

caveman_1.jpg

so I think I figured out this whole sliders thing. I'm trying these at the moment that i found.

from operation sports forum

It's that time of year again. First off I am having a blast w/this game. Have not felt this way since 2k6/7. Anyway…

My goal w/these sliders are...
1. Lower fg%
2. Improve user defense
3. Lower cpu backdoor cuts
4. More fouls
5. Lower steals

I will only be doing sliders for about 2 weeks then I am done this year. Before I would slider tweak all the time and not actually play the game. This year Iplan on playing.

Here we go…

NBA 2K10 SUPERSTAR SLIDERS, V. 1.4
(UPDATED 10.08.09)

All Changes are Highlighted in Bold

GAMEPLAY

Difficulty: Superstar
Quarter Length: 10 minutes - Adjust to your liking
Fatigue: ON
Injuries: ON
Clutch Factor: ON
Real Player FT%: ON - Your choice
Game Speed: 50 or 45
Free Throw Difficulty - 45 or 50

NBA RULES - FOULS

Charging Foul - 50
Blocking Foul - 60
Reaching Foul - 50 or 60
Shooting Foul - 70 or 75
Loose Ball Foul - 100

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Defensive Assist - 0 - Keeps your player in position

USER / CPU

OFFENSE

Inside Shot Success - 45 / 42
Close Shot Success - 45 / 42
Mid Range Success - 48 / 45
3pt Success - 49 / 46
Dunk Success - 49 / 49
Layup Success - 45 / 42
Dunks in Traffic - 10 / 10

DEFENSE

Steal Success - 40 / 30
Help Defense Strength - 75 / 75

ATTRIBUTES

Quickness - 50 / 40
Vertical - 50 / 40
Strength - 50 / 50
Stamina - 50 / 50
Durabilty - 45 / 45
Hustle - 50 / 50
Ball Handling - 40 / 40
Hands - 50 / 40
Dunking Ability - 35 / 35
On-Ball Defense - 40 / 60
Stealing - 40 / 40
Blocking - 40 / 40
Off. Awareness - 40 / 40
Def. Awareness - 60 / 60
Off. Rebounding - 50 / 50
Def. Rebounding - 50 / 50
Clutch - 25 / 25
Consistency - 50 / 50
Injury Severity - 55 / 55

TENDENCIES

Take Inside Shots - 50 / 50
Take Close Shots - 50 / 50
Take Mid-Range Shots - 50 / 50
Take 3pt Shots - 50 / 50
Attack the Basket - 50 / 50
Look For Post Players - 50 / 55
Throw Alley Oops - 50 / 10
Attempt Dunks - 25 / 25
Attempt Putbacks - 50 / 50
Throw Flashy Passes - 10 / 10
Commit Fouls - 70 / 60
Play Passing Lanes - 60 / 60
Go for On-Ball Steals - 50 / 50
Contest Shots - 50 / 50
Backdoor Cuts - 50 / 10

lemme ask yall a question...

if i already copped the game... is there any sense in me buyin the draft combine?

Game seems floaty to me, everything is too quick or something, I can't explain it but something about it seems weird. Plus it's just like 2k9.

I still love it though
laugh.gif

Does anyone know how to turn autosave off in association mode? I turned it to off in the menu when it first asks you but it still autosaves after every game.It does this in my player mode as well.

It is extremely annoying.Game seems floaty to me, everything is too quick or something, I can't explain it but something about it seems weird. Plus it's just like 2k9.

I still love it though
laugh.gif

Are we playing the same NBA 2k10 game? Did you get a special edition verison that none of us have?

It seems much faster paced than 2k9 was, except for when it lags, which it does almost everytime i pass it into the post
laugh.gif
. Does anyone else hate those auto putback dunks as well? The pacers beat me inovertime cos Roy Hibbert got a putback dunk with 2 seconds left
roll.gif
I waslike +%*

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Game seems floaty to me, everything is too quick or something, I can't explain it but something about it seems weird. Plus it's just like 2k9.

I still love it though
laugh.gif

Are we playing the same NBA 2k10 game? Did you get a special edition verison that none of us have?

Back
Top Bottom