NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Got drafted by the Magic 1st round 29th pick. And i got the XII's. Magic colorway 
pimp.gif

i thought they patched this full court pass crap. this guy im playing right now keeps doing it without turning it over.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by NobleKane

nba 2k11 xbox avatar items come out on thursday. heres to hoping that jordan jersey is available

They give you the code for a Jordan jersey at Game Stop on your receipt if you pre-order

yea i know but i aint tryna get itat gamestop.
laugh.gif
so heres to hoping it wull be available to buy
happy.gif

Finally got my arena music done. thank the %!##%** lord
pimp.gif
It took me 3 days to realize that the Xbox 360 cant transfer data via flash drive or data disc SMH
laugh.gif

haha for u xbox dudes they just put up some air jordans up to buy for your avatar on marketplace.... no jordan jersey tho
frown.gif

they do have new jerseys up aswell... it looks like they put up different players than last year which makes sense for instance last year was a kobe jersey for the lakers. this year its gasol. i need me them jordan iv's for my avatar lol

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I don't really understand how people are having trouble with the passing. As DC has said numerous times in this thread, basketball is a game of angles. There's absolutely no angle when attempting to make a point-to-post pass, for example.

Look where you are in relation to the teammate you're looking to pass the ball to, see where their defender is, be conscious of who you're passing with. Not too difficult.
That is why I am not getting frustrated with them or annoyed. I understand that everyone doesn't understand basketball or angles.

I asked my man DaCzar to make a video explaining passing, hopefully he does.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

passing isnt even a issue for me...i just got to get used to other buttons and learn how to do plays and stuff right now im just playing basic ball hog a lil shimmy here and there
laugh.gif

havnt bought a basketball game since live with carmelo on the cover
Practice mode. Practice mode. Practice mode.

Originally Posted by JorPun662

I never play lower than Hall of Fame, never. Only problem is, on some of these challenges, Jordan has to get like 7+ rebounds. Well, when the computer is shooting 11 for 11 in the first quarter, how the hell is J gonna grab his 7 boards when he gets no opportunities. I might have to go down to Superstar on some of these challenges, SMH.
Why do you feel the NEED to play on HOF? Pride? That is exactly what it is. Buy a new game, put it on, crank it up to the HARDEST (most cheating/unrealistic level) without knowing anything about the game. Then complain about the difficulty. I don't understand. Put the game on All Star, go into scrimmige mode where you don't have to worry about score. Learn the controls while defense is there in your face, learn the plays. I never play on HOF, the game CHEATS point blank. Developers even admitted it. The game CHEATS.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Anyone having problems with the 2k servers other than me?
I got booted 5 times last night. Pissed off.

Originally Posted by bredin808

I find the My Player challenges hard as hell. Maybe it's because my created player is 5'7
laugh.gif

I hate how the different jumpshots/spins/fadeaways/shot modifiers are all camera relative, the angles make it hard as hell to execute. I keep doing random !@**. Anyone got any good tips for 2nd chance points? It'll take time getting used to.
Go into your controller settings, change the Shot Stick commands on offense and defense to Absolute and not camera relative.

This game is money. Cranked it open, went right into it.
PLayed the Jordan Challenges an was able to get through the Pistons and the Knicks and got some Team Jordan sneakers.
In the Hawks challenge I couldn't keep DW to under 25pts in which I ended up winning the IX's.
Maybe I should lose more to win all the Jordan sneakers.

in the hawks challenged i changed the coaching settings to double team and play tight all game, held him to 14 points(realized this on my 4th try lol) beat the pistons eazy, now i'm up to Blazers, i'm 4 challenges deep

I don't understand why the sim sliders have the "Look for Post Players" tendency slider at 80

I think the 3PT slider is too low. I have my slider at 48 and it works wonders. Same as previous years.

I also increased my fouls

I also decreased the stamina slider (attributes) to 45 so players can tire faster.

I also dropped passing accuracy to 47 to see more non-steal turnovers.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Woohoo I got my first online win after 8 tries. I've tone down on lazy passes.

The right stick is annoying when playing defense. I want to raise my hands and it end up side stepping.

I hate that too

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Woohoo I got my first online win after 8 tries. I've tone down on lazy passes.

The right stick is annoying when playing defense. I want to raise my hands and it end up side stepping.

I hate that too
Left or Right of the Offensive player = Cut off the offensive player
Toward the Offensive Player = Hands Up
Away from the Offensive Player = Hands Up

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I never play on HOF, the game CHEATS point blank. Developers even admitted it. The game CHEATS.

I thought it was just me.  I'm glad you confirmed it though.  I'm good on Superstar level.  Can't wait to pick up my cop of 2K11 this weekend. 

I completed 'The Arrival' yet once I went back to the menu, it didn't give me credit for completing the challenge. Any idea why? I was pretty disappointed, due to the fact I stayed up till 2AM to actually play.

DC, or anyone else...what teams do you guys recommend using to play online?

this is my first NBA game since 09, so i need practice! And im not trying to choose the lakers or the heat because i know they probably being used a lot
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Got drafted by the Magic 1st round 29th pick. And i got the XII's. Magic colorway 
pimp.gif

I got drafted the same and im wearing the XII's. kinda weird

Im a 6'4" PG, pass first tho. I got the 6th man Role.

Also i havent figured out what the post-game interviews do for you, can anyone fill me in??

Am I the only one who has trouble with the drills in my player? All I do is the shooting drill, its the easiest with the highest reward. Are there any tips for the other ones?

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Am I the only one who has trouble with the drills in my player? All I do is the shooting drill, its the easiest with the highest reward. Are there any tips for the other ones?

You should do the dribbling drill because speed is the most expensive attribute to upgrade.

Just go in practice mode and learn the moves, it wont take too long.

yeah i'm having problems with that as well. the only drill I passed was the stealing drill. the drills are really hard. maybe because my player is 6'0
laugh.gif
. also I played my first practice game. I did terrible got a F rating. the only thing I did good was hold the opposing team to 0% 3pt fg. I did score 8 points though. I didn't get drafted yet, but right now it's looking like i'll be drafted by the Indiana Pacers
grin.gif
. hopefully that changes.  

yeah i'm having problems with that as well. the only drill I passed was the stealing drill. the drills are really hard. maybe because my player is 6'0
laugh.gif
. also I played my first practice game. I did terrible got a F rating. the only thing I did good was hold the opposing team to 0% 3pt fg. I did score 8 points though. I didn't get drafted yet, but right now it's looking like i'll be drafted by the Indiana Pacers
grin.gif
. hopefully that changes.  

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I never play on HOF, the game CHEATS point blank. Developers even admitted it. The game CHEATS.

I thought it was just me.  I'm glad you confirmed it though.  I'm good on Superstar level.  Can't wait to pick up my cop of 2K11 this weekend. 
is there a link where i can read this Hof game cheating ?
nerd.gif

Quick tip: If you want your rating to shoot sky high fast if you're a scorer or all around etc. turn up your Offensive Awareness with your Skill Points. I won a Rival Game and got 4000 skill points and used em all on Offensive Awareness. Went from 20 to about 60 or 70 something. My dude shot up from a 63 to a 69
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom