NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

^ Yeah I did the replay as he hit the last 3 to make sure and I didn't see a shrug. Ah well, was just glad to complete it because again going into it I thought it was going to be real tough. Did you finish all the challenges Wings90?

I also think The Debut will be a tough one playing against the C's. Plus MJ's outside shot was terrible that year.

This 2k arena playlist *!!# is trash. I enter my own playlist, but the same 10 seconds of 1 song out of like 20 keeps playing.
laugh.gif

I thought the game would randomly play any section of any song through the arena speakers.

Am I doing something wrong?
nerd.gif

^ No, the fools at 2K didn't add a shuffle feature that mixes your personal list and the default sounds. It's already confirmed to be fixed in the first major patch around the holidays.

The shrug was tough for me and holding drexler to under 25 points was hard for me.
It took me all day to complete the shrug but it was great when I got the cut scene of him doing the shrug.
To hold Drexler I put pippen on him. Pippen kept him to 15 easy.

There was another one that was tough but I can't remember what it was.
The Jordan challenges was fun, but the creating a legend is too easy. I played one game and quit because it was easy. I believe Jordan is a 78, to easy to start off with.

You should also start running plays. The game as gotten so much easier now that I actually run plays. Before I would try to create opportunities, now I select a play and that's where the magic happens.

I honestly dont like the game too much.. looking to trade it to someone for Smackdown vs RAW 2011 for the PS3

Yall must not have been gettin busy wit MJ or somn, dude shrugged harder than kanye when I canned that last 3 ala JRich in the rook/soph game...

Flu game I beat that on the 2nd try
laugh.gif
was so happy too cause I was ready to put the game down for a few weeks if i didnt...Pippen aint hold MJ up tho..
indifferent.gif

I hit Stockton off with the manual shrug for the win on my first try too and didnt realize it til the shot went in..I was like "
happy.gif
 ftw bitth....*replay*..
eek.gif
 oh fuuuuuu
roll.gif
". saved it. I'll upload if anyone wants to see.

Running plays gets repetitious or is that just me? I feel like I run three plays that work to perfection with the Thunder.

Yo in the patch for arena music, does anyone know if they'll allow you to pick which part of the song you want played? I feel like that was an option back on like 2K5 for the Xbox or something but i'm not sure.

My team has played like 40 games, I missed like 9 of the more recent games due to an injury and now all my stats are DNQ .... %++... Is this a bug? Missing 9 games doesn't warrant a DNQ...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Yeah I did the replay as he hit the last 3 to make sure and I didn't see a shrug. Ah well, was just glad to complete it because again going into it I thought it was going to be real tough. Did you finish all the challenges Wings90?

I also think The Debut will be a tough one playing against the C's. Plus MJ's outside shot was terrible that year.
Yeah I finished them. I didn't up the difficulty or anything though. Just played it on whatever the default settings were.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

My team has played like 40 games, I missed like 9 of the more recent games due to an injury and now all my stats are DNQ .... %++... Is this a bug? Missing 9 games doesn't warrant a DNQ...
pretty sure it just means that you havent played enough games to be compared to the rest of the league

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Yo in the patch for arena music, does anyone know if they'll allow you to pick which part of the song you want played? I feel like that was an option back on like 2K5 for the Xbox or something but i'm not sure.
You have to cut/edit that yourself before you transfer it over to your system. You this thread for help LINK

As for the shrug game I just doubled Clyde personally and having Terry Porter try and beat me. Also because Clyde is so quick I made sure not to take bad long shots that could result in a quick fastbreak or easy dunk for him.

never had an urge to bump up the length of the game, i always just used the default which was 5 minutes

i played against my rival (celtics) and bumped it up to 10 min quarter so i can earn some milestones

im liking these long quarters now a whole better
laugh.gif
....im also getting MVP chants when im at the free throw line
pimp.gif

YO! What the %#** man....

So I'm playing a game right now and it's tied 36-36 with 1 minute 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the other team is shooting free throws, I get subbed out, I press advance till I get subbed back in.  It's now 24 seconds left and we're losing 34-54...........

Why the @%%* am I getting subbed out?!??  I have 18 points and the team needs me...

More importantly, how the %#** did my team score go down?!?!?!  I could have sworn we had 36 points before I pressed sim...

This can't be real life....  The simulation process is straight random trash....

indifferent.gif

For everyone, which Jordan Challenge did you find the hardest?

The flu game challenge is testing my patience...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

- It feels like the Bulls as a team have the flu (if I remember one or two players had a mini case of it back in '97).
- I can't run back on defense, Utah is throwing full length court passes off our misses and getting easy dunks/layups (mainly Byron Russell).
- HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO GET 7 REBOUNDS WHEN MJ CAN'T JUMP?!?!?

I just finished the Flu game challenge a while a go.

I switched MJ to the SF, then PF, the C to get the rebounds.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Rodman would snatch up any loose ball in a 10 ft. radius so I had to bench his +$# until I got the rebounds.
laugh.gif

It was a %%@+@ trying to get the assist though, my teammates couldn't hit water if they were throwing it in ocean.

I have three challenges left, the Shrug Game, the 1991 Finals, and the MJ's "last" game.

I shudder thinking about trying to get 4 steals.

^^^
roll.gif
 18 points in less then a minute? Did they go Reggie Miller on you???

And to the dude who says the plays are repetitive, if you're running the same 3 plays of course it's going to be repetitive.
If you use all the plays during the game, I'm sure you'll have a better experience.

^ samething happened with me, but i was the 6th man. brought my team back from down 11 and we ahead 6 when im subbed out. im
pimp.gif
because we should be able to hold the lead. i advance the sim, and we lose by 10
indifferent.gif
i become the starting pg next game and we 2nd in the division. now that im starting we .500+ . requested a trade when jennings shot a 3 when he was doubled team and we lost by a point to yao.

Originally Posted by toine2983

For everyone, which Jordan Challenge did you find the hardest?

The flu game challenge is testing my patience...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

- It feels like the Bulls as a team have the flu (if I remember one or two players had a mini case of it back in '97).
- I can't run back on defense, Utah is throwing full length court passes off our misses and getting easy dunks/layups (mainly Byron Russell).
- HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO GET 7 REBOUNDS WHEN MJ CAN'T JUMP?!?!?

I just finished the Flu game challenge a while a go.

I switched MJ to the SF, then PF, the C to get the rebounds.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Rodman would snatch up any loose ball in a 10 ft. radius so I had to bench his +$# until I got the rebounds.
laugh.gif

It was a %%@+@ trying to get the assist though, my teammates couldn't hit water if they were throwing it in ocean.

I have three challenges left, the Shrug Game, the 1991 Finals, and the MJ's "last" game.

I shudder thinking about trying to get 4 steals.

roll.gif
Co-sign on the last game, it's hard for me to get steals. I don't know how the hell I'm going to pull that off, as for the Flu Game it was easy getting the assists. I finished Jordan vs Nique so I have five more left: Flu Game, '91 Finals, 63 Celts, 69 Cavs and Last Game.

Back
Top Bottom