*NBA All-Star Saturday Thread (H-O-R-S-E, Skills Challenge, 3-Point Shootout, Dunk Contest)*

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by tomislav

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I mean..........Jordan did it 20 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxE .......plus....LeBron, as usual, traveled on that one as well. Jordan did his FT dunk in the Slam contest while dribbling the ball according to rules. James doesn't even dribble by the rules in the game. I think James should dress up like a crab and dunk on Deshawn Stevenson in the only dunk he does - tomahawk. Judges would suck him off for it. As like they LOL good one already don't do it.

I'm not James D-rider but any person who knows basketball know that isn't a travel.

I wrote earlier around 8 p.m it was 24 pages & now 112 pages @ 3 a.m
eek.gif
I knew Daequan Cook was gonna win the 3-Point Shootout
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DADE COUNTY/MIAMI HEATS STAND UP!!!!
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm not James D-rider but any person who knows basketball know that isn't a travel.

Go watch the GIF again. He gets the ball from someone. He starts runnin. He carries it with 2 hands for 2 steps - then puts it on the floor. That was carryingthe ball, excuse me, not traveling. Rules of the NBA, that rarely apply to James when it comes to double dribble and traveling rules, are; The dribble endswhen the player: Touches the ball simultaneously with both hands He touched with 2 hands and made 2 steps without releasing the ball. Then he started dribblingfor the basket. They let him get away with it because league needs new Jordan and it's desperate, and they can not do that to him to call it everytime hecommits a traveling violation or double dribble. He does it every game. At least once. But often times even more. Even Sager in that Slam Dunk Theatre todaysaid that "LeBron James will probably be the first player ever to dunk from the 3 point line, if he uses his famous crab dribble" C'mon. He couldgot away with it 10 years ago when there was no internet but now you can see on YouTube that in every game at least once he has the moment where you just lookaway and go "wait.........is that a legal move?" .... but who cares, right...

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

What a disappointing Saturday night.

Rudy got jipped.
Yeah. That second dunk he did was SOLID. Gave him nothing for it. And
smh.gif
at the judges giving Dwight 50 for that first dunk. They need some real judges, people who don't just look over and copy the score next to him. Ithink Rudy had something lined up too by the looks of it. He wasn't just trying to think of a dunk to do when he was out there.

And I agree tomislav, I think that's a travel on Lebron. He takes at least two steps before the ball even leaves his hands for a dribble.

Rudy got jerked hard. I have my own opinions why. That's all I'll say though.

Dwight Howard is kind of a cornball.

Congrats to big Nate.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

I know I am a Blazer fan, but I am not the only one that thought Rudy got hosed?
yes i'd agree with that...his dunks were much better than dwight's. both his dunks deserved higher scores than what they got. it felt likethe nba "scripted" for a dwight/nate final kind of.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I know I am a Blazer fan, but I am not the only one that thought Rudy got hosed?
yes i'd agree with that...his dunks were much better than dwight's. both his dunks deserved higher scores than what they got. it felt like the nba "scripted" for a dwight/nate final kind of.
What gave you that idea, the conveniently placed phonebooth? the 12 foot rim? Nate's Neon green spaulding?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

yes i'd agree with that...his dunks were much better than dwight's. both his dunks deserved higher scores than what they got. it felt like the nba "scripted" for a dwight/nate final kind of.
Ok good, because i felt the same way. The way Nate had the green outfit ready, the green ball and all. The whole kryptonite theme was just set tohappen before the whole show started. There was no reason for JR or Rudy to even show up... Oh well. I heard of a couple dunks Rudy was talking about doing andam dissapointed we didn't get the chance to see them. I feel like they easily would have been 100X better than what we saw tonight. David SternFTL
frown.gif

Yeah...this was rigged and orchestrated. But we NBA fans have to deal with it. It's not gonna change. League needs it. It's not the 90s and there is noJordan or anyone with similar appeal to the world, and NBA needs to capitalize on absolutely everything. Players are marketing projects. Sport is in secondplan. You can see it clearly with referees criteria changing to suit the power endorsers team, events ridiculous like 24h of LeCrab, and similar. It's likethat and that's the way it is. Lets just hope the quality of the game doesn't get any lower.

Rudy got jerked hard. I have my own opinions why. That's all I'll say though.

Why, cuz he spanish (or aint black)?

Nah, I think thats why yall rooting for him so hard tho...

his first dunk shoulda got more love, but it took him over 2:00 to get the second dunk. They actually gave that one a higher score than it deserved, they gavehim all 8's & 9's...

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Bron.
e2f2c985ea977d73d9163f8d6359ed2a-getty-83008114mw008_sprite_slam_d.jpg
Anyone know where I might be able to find a high resolution of this? Like Wallpaper size? Please

Once again Dwight Howard is super corny.

Rudy Fernandez deserved to be treated better by the judges as well as Kenny Smith for making the negative comments he made about him and Spain. Kenny's afunny dude most of the time, but that was really uncalled for.

as much as i hate rudy and spanish basketball..dude deserved to at least make it to the finals..smmfh

Maybe it's just me, but wow Dirk and Pau sound like regular ole Americans. No real accents that I can hear.

Just thought that was funny
laugh.gif

The dunk off Chandlers back wasn't as easy as everyone thinks. Take a look at the pics. it's not like he's jumping off a hard surface. His backgives way which makes it hard to get uo that high. he got very good elevation for that dunk. Those that think that was an easy dunk i would like them to go trythat. You also have to make sure your footing is right so you don't slip up. Kenny smith's reaction to when Rudy Fernandez took off his jersey is justsome real funny $@% $#@. That had me and my boys rollin' all night. Who the hell is Martin? Maybe it's Ricky Martin? Yo.......... Anyone got the audiofor that please post it up asap. lolololololol.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Bron.
e2f2c985ea977d73d9163f8d6359ed2a-getty-83008114mw008_sprite_slam_d.jpg
Anyone know where I might be able to find a high resolution of this? Like Wallpaper size? Please

Once again Dwight Howard is super corny.

Rudy Fernandez deserved to be treated better by the judges as well as Kenny Smith for making the negative comments he made about him and Spain. Kenny's a funny dude most of the time, but that was really uncalled for.
just saw the highlights online and that rudy dunk was crazy, hope he got a 50 with that, anyway i'm curious as to what kenny's remarksabout rudy. anybody have a clip?

edit: just saw another clip and boy clearly kenny smith doesn't like rudy i mean he kept repeating that rudy can't do that dunk coz of so and so andthen calling out a whole country, common kenny

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by tomislav

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I mean..........Jordan did it 20 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxE .......plus....LeBron, as usual, traveled on that one as well. Jordan did his FT dunk in the Slam contest while dribbling the ball according to rules. James doesn't even dribble by the rules in the game. I think James should dress up like a crab and dunk on Deshawn Stevenson in the only dunk he does - tomahawk. Judges would suck him off for it. As like they LOL good one already don't do it.

laugh.gif
What?

Since when can you dribble, pick up your dribble, and start dribbling again?

I think a lot of people saying that Rudy got jerked are forgetting how many attempts it took him to actually throw down that dunk. Time ran out and he stilldidn't put it down. His score was a good reflection of that. Not a 50 but low 40s if I'm not mistaken. It was a dope dunk. But there has to be somesort of penalty for having to take so many attempts.
His "Martin" dunk was definitely crazy though.

As for Dwight, he got penalized for his height. He needed to jump from BEFORE the free-throw line on his last dunk. His length would have probably got him tothe rim.
Or he should have dunked from the free throw line on the 12 ft rim. Would have been ill (and near impossible).
He just made his dunks look too easy, though they definitely were anything but that. You guys really think the 12 ft dunk was unimpressive? Look at where hishead is compared to the rim.
eek.gif

0a99f9adbe25df84d3b968813af546c9-getty-83008114cc072_sprite_slam_d.jpg

And I also think dudes aren't giving enough credit to that toss off the side of the backboard. Dude cocked that !@@$ back from yonder and threw it downwith power. Ill dunk right there. Look at where his hand is in all of the pics.
smh.gif

60acc3fb9a48aacf2731c78d6c46e14b-getty-83008114bg012_dunk.jpg

e5073998eba363b9a30f2bf72a2416d4-getty-83008114cc033_sprite_slam_d.jpg

5cdeb2a239ac0f07b5f942fe43078405-getty-83008114mw083_sprite_slam_d.jpg

79b1d152fe07562dc8d0256d39422c13-getty-83008114mc027_sprite_slam_d.jpg

0c6ad28ebb11fa98f7863e6e32a5f006-getty-83008114cc018_sprite_slam_d.jpg

c65d6cc3eb95f5983e821416a03cd961-getty-83008114bc115_dunk.jpg

d8b000221699d78cabb6c668c2f94830-getty-83008114bc100_dunk.jpg

db811730eea4ae5548d9745ee9b3f012-getty-83008114mw038_sprite_slam_d.jpg

^^amazing pics.

Kenny Smith is THE most annoying announcer of any sport. Since Chuck's absence, this dude has been spewing trash of the mouth on a regular basis. Not justthe All-Star game but on the TNT weekly games as well.

Back
Top Bottom