NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by woody2626

Kemba pulls out of workout in sacramento. Apparently he wants nothing to do with them
Naw him and Tyreke are butt buddies, I'm pretty confidant he has nothing again Sacramento.
I think because this workout was a head-to-head workout with Jimmer (a lower ranked prospect than Kemba), he/his agent realized he had nothing working out and possibly getting shown up by Jimmer. Therefore he pulled out. He gains nothing by outworking Jimmer, and isn't worth the risk of hurting his draft stock if Jimmer shines.

Also, it might have something to do with the Bobcats perhaps guaranteeing him a pick while moving up in the draft... but this is unlikely since the Bobcats are the only team he has worked out for thus far. 

Most likely, Kemba will reschedule an individual workout with the Kings.

Heres a link to the article. Doesn't really mention anything about Kemba wanting nothing to do with the Kings

http://thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=739

Kemba pulls out of workout in sacramento. Apparently he wants nothing to do with them
Naw him and Tyreke are butt buddies, I'm pretty confidant he has nothing again Sacramento.
I think because this workout was a head-to-head workout with Jimmer (a lower ranked prospect than Kemba), he/his agent realized he had nothing working out and possibly getting shown up by Jimmer. Therefore he pulled out. He gains nothing by outworking Jimmer, and isn't worth the risk of hurting his draft stock if Jimmer shines.

Also, it might have something to do with the Bobcats perhaps guaranteeing him a pick while moving up in the draft... but this is unlikely since the Bobcats are the only team he has worked out for thus far. 

Heres a link to the article. Doesn't really mention anything about Kemba wanting nothing to do with the Kings

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

You're right, it was his agent. That info wasn't out this morning. A guy from hoopshype was the one who mentioned that he didn't want anything to do with Sac and said that his and Tyreke's game were "too similiar"

We're not moving up to grab Kemba, Paul Silas has already said that but his workout went really well for us yesterday.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

You're right, it was his agent. That info wasn't out this morning. A guy from hoopshype was the one who mentioned that he didn't want anything to do with Sac and said that his and Tyreke's game were "too similiar"

We're not moving up to grab Kemba, Paul Silas has already said that but his workout went really well for us yesterday.

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Brandon Knight would be PERFECT for the Lakers IMO

u know wat, i never thought of it but that do make sense

No one thought of it because of what the Lakers would have to trade to go get him. But he is a perfect fit. He is everything Shannon Brown couldnt be as a pg imo.
And I think he could get along with Kobe, and at this point. Kobe needs someone he can actually get along with.......

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Brandon Knight would be PERFECT for the Lakers IMO

u know wat, i never thought of it but that do make sense

No one thought of it because of what the Lakers would have to trade to go get him. But he is a perfect fit. He is everything Shannon Brown couldnt be as a pg imo.
And I think he could get along with Kobe, and at this point. Kobe needs someone he can actually get along with.......

What would the Lakers even use to get into the Top 7 to draft Knight? His floor is 7.

What would the Lakers even use to get into the Top 7 to draft Knight? His floor is 7.

Not that they would be problem solvers but I would take any of these guards in the second round for the Lakers.

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

Not that they would be problem solvers but I would take any of these guards in the second round for the Lakers.

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

Originally Posted by PMatic

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

really like both these guys
think they will be nice down the road

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

i really want brooks to be a bobcat.......we need his offense....i'm glad stephen jackson is losing weight too.....

I really want to take a chance on Biyombo if he's there at 9. I know alot of people think we'd take Burks but I don't think there is a reason to when we can grab marshon or klay at 19.If only jack could get boris to work out with him smh
you think marshon or klay will be there at 19? 
ohwell.gif
 ....if we take biyombo at 9 i really hope one of them are so we can get them 

i really want brooks to be a bobcat.......we need his offense....i'm glad stephen jackson is losing weight too.....

I really want to take a chance on Biyombo if he's there at 9. I know alot of people think we'd take Burks but I don't think there is a reason to when we can grab marshon or klay at 19.If only jack could get boris to work out with him smh
ohwell.gif

I really want to take a chance on Biyombo if he's there at 9. I know alot of people think we'd take Burks but I don't think there is a reason to when we can grab marshon or klay at 19. If only jack could get boris to work out with him smh
ohwell.gif

The only teams in front of us at 19 that I could see taking either Marshon or Klay is Indy and Washington and I really don't see Indy passing on Jimmer if he's there at 15. Utah could grab one of them but I think 12 would be too high. If we really want one of them we could package our 19th and 39th to move up and grab one. This draft is huge for us and can really build our bench, something really struggled last year.

I really want to take a chance on Biyombo if he's there at 9. I know alot of people think we'd take Burks but I don't think there is a reason to when we can grab marshon or klay at 19. If only jack could get boris to work out with him smh
ohwell.gif

The only teams in front of us at 19 that I could see taking either Marshon or Klay is Indy and Washington and I really don't see Indy passing on Jimmer if he's there at 15. Utah could grab one of them but I think 12 would be too high. If we really want one of them we could package our 19th and 39th to move up and grab one. This draft is huge for us and can really build our bench, something really struggled last year.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

Shelvin would be a good fit for the Lakers, imo.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Shelvin Mack
Nolan Smith
Andrew Goudelock
Demetri McCamey
Isaiah Thomas

Shelvin would be a good fit for the Lakers, imo.

Back
Top Bottom