NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by woody2626

LAC and PHI have discussed Iggy for Kaman
This trade makes a little more sense than trading an oversized 2 guard for an undersized one.
Still you're trading away a good player for one who hasn't been healthy for the past couple seasons and probably won't ever return back to his All-Star form.

If Minny throws in Beasely I think that'd be fair. That way Minny can possibly draft a forward @ 6.

Getting Beasely and Kanter to play with Wall is a come up. I aint sure about Darko and McGee as Minny's centers though.

Most of these Iggy deals are a wash. Aint making either team that much better. LAC gets slightly better defensively and PHI gets bigger (if they keep Hawes).

If Minny throws in Beasely I think that'd be fair. That way Minny can possibly draft a forward @ 6.

Getting Beasely and Kanter to play with Wall is a come up. I aint sure about Darko and McGee as Minny's centers though.

Most of these Iggy deals are a wash. Aint making either team that much better. LAC gets slightly better defensively and PHI gets bigger (if they keep Hawes).

Originally Posted by woody2626

This trade makes a little more sense than trading an oversized 2 guard for an undersized one.
Still you're trading away a good player for one who hasn't been healthy for the past couple seasons and probably won't ever return back to his All-Star form.

Philly is a tough spot right now. Their two best players last year (Iggy and Brand) have to win now so the 76ers can't re-build around them. Trading Kaman (not exactly young) doesn't really help in the re-building process or winning now since they lose Iggy. The trade helps the Clippers no doubt tho.  

Philly is a tough spot right now. Their two best players last year (Iggy and Brand) have to win now so the 76ers can't re-build around them. Trading Kaman (not exactly young) doesn't really help in the re-building process or winning now since they lose Iggy. The trade helps the Clippers no doubt tho.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

On the radio, it's being reported that the Wizards are offering McGee + #6 + #18 for the #2
Ok, now we talkin.  That's a good deal for both clubs imo.  Wiz need plenty of help, sure, but getting Wall and Williams locked in young and building around them is a smart play. 

And Minny makes out too getting Javele, and 2 decent picks to keep adding to their core. 

Neither club is doing anything for a couple years so they need to make deals like this to get the peices needed for 20__  whatever year that is reasonable.  2014, 2015, what have you. 

On the radio, it's being reported that the Wizards are offering McGee + #6 + #18 for the #2
Ok, now we talkin.  That's a good deal for both clubs imo.  Wiz need plenty of help, sure, but getting Wall and Williams locked in young and building around them is a smart play. 

And Minny makes out too getting Javele, and 2 decent picks to keep adding to their core. 

Neither club is doing anything for a couple years so they need to make deals like this to get the peices needed for 20__  whatever year that is reasonable.  2014, 2015, what have you. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I dunno man...that seems a bit steep for only the #2.  I'd have to see what else Minnesota would include.  Can you imagine Beasley + Blatche on the same roster???
sick.gif

If they can somehow convince Kahn to do the #2 for McGee straight up...well, that's an offer that might be hard to refuse.  Shoot, I'd even consider McGee + #18 for the #2....but throwing in the #6 is too much IMO. 

I dunno man...that seems a bit steep for only the #2.  I'd have to see what else Minnesota would include.  Can you imagine Beasley + Blatche on the same roster???
sick.gif

If they can somehow convince Kahn to do the #2 for McGee straight up...well, that's an offer that might be hard to refuse.  Shoot, I'd even consider McGee + #18 for the #2....but throwing in the #6 is too much IMO. 

sick.gif

If you want to be great, you have to take chances.  If Will and Wall are those type guys, you can't not do it. 

You want to be eh, ok, then yeah, keep your pieces as is, maybe hit a second round, and Wall will leave in a few years to win somewhere that has balls to go all in. 

OKC got started once they had Durant and Russ.  The rest falls into place.  Wall and Will could be that type of talent, the rest will fall into place. 

sick.gif

If you want to be great, you have to take chances.  If Will and Wall are those type guys, you can't not do it. 

You want to be eh, ok, then yeah, keep your pieces as is, maybe hit a second round, and Wall will leave in a few years to win somewhere that has balls to go all in. 

OKC got started once they had Durant and Russ.  The rest falls into place.  Wall and Will could be that type of talent, the rest will fall into place. 

McGee for the #2?
roll.gif

I'd rather hug a cactus a thousand times over than do the #2 for McGee/#6/#18.

McGee for the #2?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

McGee for the #2?
roll.gif

I think that's a great move for the T-Wolves....why do you think it's so bad? 

CP....Williams is a solid player, but I can't see him and Wall having the type of impact that Russ/KD do in OKC.  That's a lot to give up (assuming they don't get any players in return)

*Allen...I forgot what you said, but did you say you think Williams projects better as a 3 or a 4? 

Originally Posted by JPZx

McGee for the #2?
roll.gif

I think that's a great move for the T-Wolves....why do you think it's so bad? 

CP....Williams is a solid player, but I can't see him and Wall having the type of impact that Russ/KD do in OKC.  That's a lot to give up (assuming they don't get any players in return)

*Allen...I forgot what you said, but did you say you think Williams projects better as a 3 or a 4? 

if you want to pick kanter with the 2nd pick why would you not give up Mcgee?

im not high on Mcgee like some of you. he seems like one of those players that will never get.

cant blatche run center if you want to draft williams and play him at PF?
clippers need to do that trade ASAP. jordan should be the starting center and they need a wing player that can lock up. 76ers have a long jam in the front court tho

if you want to pick kanter with the 2nd pick why would you not give up Mcgee?

im not high on Mcgee like some of you. he seems like one of those players that will never get.

cant blatche run center if you want to draft williams and play him at PF?
clippers need to do that trade ASAP. jordan should be the starting center and they need a wing player that can lock up. 76ers have a long jam in the front court tho

Back
Top Bottom