NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So wait..........you want to package Iguodala AND the number 16 pick to get somewhere in the top 10? I think what we should do is package Iggy and the 16 to Minny for the #2 and Wes Johnson, then draft Kanter. Sign me up for that.
thats not happening

I would love for that scenario to come true..Minny could use the veteran guard, but I see Johnson being another Iggy in a few years and I doubt they'd want to swap for his high contract AND hand over the 2. But with the potential sale of the team, I'm afraid they won't make any moves until that goes through..and somehow I'm convinced it'll prolong until after the draft. I just don't see any value in the 16th pick if they don't trade up. What do you think about Faried or one of the Morris twins?

I would love for that scenario to come true..Minny could use the veteran guard, but I see Johnson being another Iggy in a few years and I doubt they'd want to swap for his high contract AND hand over the 2. But with the potential sale of the team, I'm afraid they won't make any moves until that goes through..and somehow I'm convinced it'll prolong until after the draft. I just don't see any value in the 16th pick if they don't trade up. What do you think about Faried or one of the Morris twins?

I definitely love Faried but we need to find somebody to unload Brand on and we'd still need a center and a shooting guard. That wouldn't solve anything unless were getting Monta for Iggy.

Why would Wes + #2 for Iggy and #16 definitely not happen? Getting Iguodala would make Wes expendable and then with the #16 they could pick up Faried or somebody. Nobody would be @$%#%*+ with Sota on the boards with him and Love down low.

I definitely love Faried but we need to find somebody to unload Brand on and we'd still need a center and a shooting guard. That wouldn't solve anything unless were getting Monta for Iggy.

Why would Wes + #2 for Iggy and #16 definitely not happen? Getting Iguodala would make Wes expendable and then with the #16 they could pick up Faried or somebody. Nobody would be @$%#%*+ with Sota on the boards with him and Love down low.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Bismack Biyombo is having his workout today... here's some updates via
@DraftExpressJonathan Givony

Two minutes in and you can already tell that Bismack Biyombo is not a "workout guy". Looks very nervous, airballing layups.Really struggling

Despite the bad hands, the lack of skills & general polish, you still can't teach the agility & explosiveness Bismack Biyombo's showing here

I think Bismack Biyombo would have been better off playing one game of 5 on 5 to truly show the impact he can make. He's not a 1 on 0 type.

Biyombo just shot more jumpers in this workout than he will in his entire career. And he missed most of them. Don't understand the strategy.

NBA exec: "People who liked Biyombo already won't change their opinion after this today. But those who were skeptical will be even more now"
[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]please drop[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Bismack Biyombo is having his workout today... here's some updates via

Two minutes in and you can already tell that Bismack Biyombo is not a "workout guy". Looks very nervous, airballing layups.Really struggling

Despite the bad hands, the lack of skills & general polish, you still can't teach the agility & explosiveness Bismack Biyombo's showing here

I think Bismack Biyombo would have been better off playing one game of 5 on 5 to truly show the impact he can make. He's not a 1 on 0 type.

Biyombo just shot more jumpers in this workout than he will in his entire career. And he missed most of them. Don't understand the strategy.

NBA exec: "People who liked Biyombo already won't change their opinion after this today. But those who were skeptical will be even more now"
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Pic failed, but if you hold your mouse over said failed pic, you get a caption. 
laugh.gif

Bout the whole Iggy trade, I can't decide if I'd want Wolves to do it or not. Wes needs another year to see what he can do. On Biyombi, it just exposed even more how bad his O is. Nobody is drafting him for that though. Defense is his forte.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Pic failed, but if you hold your mouse over said failed pic, you get a caption. 
laugh.gif

Bout the whole Iggy trade, I can't decide if I'd want Wolves to do it or not. Wes needs another year to see what he can do. On Biyombi, it just exposed even more how bad his O is. Nobody is drafting him for that though. Defense is his forte.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

So basically he's a project, just like i thought.

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

You also said since he's 6'9" he couldn't play center.

So what if he's a project? At the worst he's a 6'9", 9'4" standing reach monster who rebounds, hustles, and blocks shots at 18 years old. Even if this wasn't a weak draft that's still an attractive player for plenty of teams.
His measurements from today..

Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat

You also said since he's 6'9" he couldn't play center.

So what if he's a project? At the worst he's a 6'9", 9'4" standing reach monster who rebounds, hustles, and blocks shots at 18 years old. Even if this wasn't a weak draft that's still an attractive player for plenty of teams.
His measurements from today..

Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat

Originally Posted by quik1987

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

first guy I thought of when I read this

act_joel_anthony.jpg

Bismack Biyombo

- height: 6'9

- weight: 245

- standing reach: 9'6

Joel Anthony

Originally Posted by quik1987

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

first guy I thought of when I read this

act_joel_anthony.jpg

Bismack Biyombo

Joel Anthony

Back
Top Bottom