NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Bismack Biyombo is having his workout today... here's some updates via
@DraftExpressJonathan Givony
[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]please drop[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

So basically he's a project, just like i thought.
first guy I thought of when I read this

act_joel_anthony.jpg

Bismack Biyombo

- height: 6'9

- weight: 245

- standing reach: 9'6

Joel Anthony

Joel anthony is a terrible rebounder and isn't in the same league athletically, also Bismack is 18 years joel was 25 when he came into the league he will put on weight.

Bismack could end up like Joel if he suddenly forgets how to rebound, and his body stays the same from now till 25 years old. Joel Isn't really a very good comparison.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by quik1987

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Bismack Biyombo is having his workout today... here's some updates via
[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]please drop[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

So basically he's a project, just like i thought.
first guy I thought of when I read this

act_joel_anthony.jpg

Bismack Biyombo

Joel Anthony

Joel anthony is a terrible rebounder and isn't in the same league athletically, also Bismack is 18 years joel was 25 when he came into the league he will put on weight.

Bismack could end up like Joel if he suddenly forgets how to rebound, and his body stays the same from now till 25 years old. Joel Isn't really a very good comparison.
laugh.gif

There is nothing that boils my blood then when anyone draws any conclusions based on any workout involving pylons and chairs. 

There is nothing that boils my blood then when anyone draws any conclusions based on any workout involving pylons and chairs. 

Draft Express best/worst case comparisons:

Irving: Deron Williams/Rich man's Eric Maynor
Williams: Michael Beasley with perfect intangibles/More athletic Antawn Jamison
Knight: Chauncey Billups (in prime)/Louis Williams
Walker: Ty Lawson/Aaron Brooks
Kanter: Kevin Love/Rafael Araujo
Vesely: Andrei Kirilenko/Joe Alexander
Biyombo: 6'9" version of Dwight Howard/Taj Gibson
Fredette: Mike Bibby/Daniel Gibson
Honeycutt: Francisco Garcia/Brandon Bowman
Nogueira: Marcus Camby/Hassan Whiteside

Most of the projected first-rounders have one.

Draft Express best/worst case comparisons:

Irving: Deron Williams/Rich man's Eric Maynor
Williams: Michael Beasley with perfect intangibles/More athletic Antawn Jamison
Knight: Chauncey Billups (in prime)/Louis Williams
Walker: Ty Lawson/Aaron Brooks
Kanter: Kevin Love/Rafael Araujo
Vesely: Andrei Kirilenko/Joe Alexander
Biyombo: 6'9" version of Dwight Howard/Taj Gibson
Fredette: Mike Bibby/Daniel Gibson
Honeycutt: Francisco Garcia/Brandon Bowman
Nogueira: Marcus Camby/Hassan Whiteside

Most of the projected first-rounders have one.

Motiejunas is a great one

Best Case: Pau Gasol
Worst Case: Yi Jianlin

ouch
Andrea Bargnani 2.0, as a post player he's just so much more skilled than Yi was already.

Motiejunas is a great one

Best Case: Pau Gasol
Worst Case: Yi Jianlin

ouch
Andrea Bargnani 2.0, as a post player he's just so much more skilled than Yi was already.

You also said since he's 6'9" he couldn't play center.

So what if he's a project? At the worst he's a 6'9", 9'4" standing reach monster who rebounds, hustles, and blocks shots at 18 years old. Even if this wasn't a weak draft that's still an attractive player for plenty of teams.
His measurements from today..

Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat

Best case scenario, he turns out like Ben Wallace, Dwight Howard? I doubt it.

No NBA player should be airballing layups, EVER.

And my point with him being a project, is that the Raptors don't need another project big man. They need someone who can play now.

Again, he's not a top 5 pick.

You also said since he's 6'9" he couldn't play center.

So what if he's a project? At the worst he's a 6'9", 9'4" standing reach monster who rebounds, hustles, and blocks shots at 18 years old. Even if this wasn't a weak draft that's still an attractive player for plenty of teams.
His measurements from today..

Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat

Best case scenario, he turns out like Ben Wallace, Dwight Howard? I doubt it.

No NBA player should be airballing layups, EVER.

And my point with him being a project, is that the Raptors don't need another project big man. They need someone who can play now.

Again, he's not a top 5 pick.

I think Biyombo loses a bit of stock after his workouts are done, saw a short video of him today didn't look terrific.

Fumbled a post entry pass, missed easy post shots.

Any team that wants to take him top 10 is looking at a pretty big risk if they aren't looking to develop this young man.
With that said, I hope he goes to the Rockets because the best chance of having him succeed is going to one of the best big man to play Kevin McHale, I am putting a lot of trust that he can turn a lot of these scrub bigs into quality players (Thabeet, Hill, Patterson, Biyombo?) Kevin is a good teacher and I know he will at least try his best to help those guys get going.

I think Biyombo loses a bit of stock after his workouts are done, saw a short video of him today didn't look terrific.

Fumbled a post entry pass, missed easy post shots.

Any team that wants to take him top 10 is looking at a pretty big risk if they aren't looking to develop this young man.
With that said, I hope he goes to the Rockets because the best chance of having him succeed is going to one of the best big man to play Kevin McHale, I am putting a lot of trust that he can turn a lot of these scrub bigs into quality players (Thabeet, Hill, Patterson, Biyombo?) Kevin is a good teacher and I know he will at least try his best to help those guys get going.

So Jimmer's ceiling is being able to run a high octane offense properly and/or being a key piece to one? I don't see that at all. If anything I'd say his ceiling was a less athletic and slower Monta Ellis with range.

So Jimmer's ceiling is being able to run a high octane offense properly and/or being a key piece to one? I don't see that at all. If anything I'd say his ceiling was a less athletic and slower Monta Ellis with range.

I'm not entirely sure what a shooting hundreds of jump shots vs a chair has to do with Biyombo's chances of becoming the next Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard.
laugh.gif

He's the third best prospect in this class really without question IMO, he is less of a risk then other guys in this class, there is video of him you can see it, on a playoff team, in Europe where he plays heavy minutes. There are reams of statistical info about, him, statistics are complete comparable and better in a lot of ways than Serge Ibaka.

Rebounding and shot blocking are the most translatable statistics in basketball across levels and leagues, if you can rebound and block shots in the ACB you can do it in the NBA, but the other prospects have more glaring holes essential to there future position in the NBA.

I can deal with my shot blocking rebounding center not being able to shoot.

I can't deal with my point guard being a poor decision maker. (Brandon Knight)
I can't deal with my SG having dwarfism. (Kemba Walker)
I can't draft a guy based o 1 game. (Enes Katner)
I can't deal with my wing not being able to shoot, ball handle or guard his position. (Jan Vesley)

If he is available at 5 raps better take him, watch the games, he is not a project on defense and thats all that matters.

I'm not entirely sure what a shooting hundreds of jump shots vs a chair has to do with Biyombo's chances of becoming the next Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard.
laugh.gif

He's the third best prospect in this class really without question IMO, he is less of a risk then other guys in this class, there is video of him you can see it, on a playoff team, in Europe where he plays heavy minutes. There are reams of statistical info about, him, statistics are complete comparable and better in a lot of ways than Serge Ibaka.

Rebounding and shot blocking are the most translatable statistics in basketball across levels and leagues, if you can rebound and block shots in the ACB you can do it in the NBA, but the other prospects have more glaring holes essential to there future position in the NBA.

I can deal with my shot blocking rebounding center not being able to shoot.

I can't deal with my point guard being a poor decision maker. (Brandon Knight)
I can't deal with my SG having dwarfism. (Kemba Walker)
I can't draft a guy based o 1 game. (Enes Katner)
I can't deal with my wing not being able to shoot, ball handle or guard his position. (Jan Vesley)

If he is available at 5 raps better take him, watch the games, he is not a project on defense and thats all that matters.

Serge Ibaka
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]League[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]GP[/th][th=""]Min[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][th=""]FG[/th][th=""]FGA[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][th=""]2Pt[/th][th=""]2PtA[/th][th=""]2P%[/th][th=""]3Pt[/th][th=""]3PtA[/th][th=""]3P%[/th][th=""]FTM[/th][th=""]FTA[/th][th=""]FT%[/th][th=""]Off[/th][th=""]Def[/th][th=""]TOT[/th][th=""]Stls[/th][th=""]Blks[/th][th=""]TOs[/th][/tr][tr][td]2008/09[/td][td]ACB[/td][td]Ricoh Manresa[/td][td]31[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]17.4[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]13.5[/td][td]54.7[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]13.2[/td][td]55.7[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.2[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]3.4[/td][td]72.1[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]11.0[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]2.1[/td][/tr][/table]
Bismack Biyombo
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]League[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]GP[/th][th=""]Min[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][th=""]FG[/th][th=""]FGA[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][th=""]2Pt[/th][th=""]2PtA[/th][th=""]2P%[/th][th=""]3Pt[/th][th=""]3PtA[/th][th=""]3P%[/th][th=""]FTM[/th][th=""]FTA[/th][th=""]FT%[/th][th=""]Off[/th][th=""]Def[/th][th=""]TOT[/th][th=""]Stls[/th][th=""]Blks[/th][th=""]TOs[/th][/tr][tr][td]2010/11[/td][td]ACB[/td][td]     Fuenlabrada[/td][td]14[/td][td]17.0[/td][td]14.6[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]9.3[/td][td]56.1[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]9.3[/td][td]56.1[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]4.3[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]55.3[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]11.6[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]3.8[/td][/tr][/table]
FYI

Back
Top Bottom