NBA Draft Thread 2011

And no way Pau gets traded for anything less than Love + no. 2 pick. I mean this is Kahn we're talking about here.

Kahn makes GREAT trades. Get the @##@ out of here with that %+!$!%%!.

And no way Pau gets traded for anything less than Love + no. 2 pick. I mean this is Kahn we're talking about here.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Oh rly? What has he netted outside of a low payroll? Definitely not a winning or even competitive product on the floor. I'm sure he'll find a way to screw up again.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Oh rly? What has he netted outside of a low payroll? Definitely not a winning or even competitive product on the floor. I'm sure he'll find a way to screw up again.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I can't speak on Jan but a player that can defend, rebound and beeffective without having to dominant the ball like Kawhi makes sensewith Evans, Cousins and a re-signed Thornton on the team. I can't saythe say for Kemba or Jimmer.
Exactly. I've been wondering for months why everybody expects them to take a guard.

Obviously, Beno Udrih isn't the long-term answer at point guard, but I still don't see it being their biggest need. Evans, Thornton, Cousins and Kemba/Jimmer sounds fun on paper, but let's get real.

Kings fans want Jimmer or Kemba.
laugh.gif

The Kings should have a back-up trade plan...

Poor man's Gerald Wallace just shows how weak this draft is. Smh. Stop it with the hype.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I can't speak on Jan but a player that can defend, rebound and beeffective without having to dominant the ball like Kawhi makes sensewith Evans, Cousins and a re-signed Thornton on the team. I can't saythe say for Kemba or Jimmer.
Exactly. I've been wondering for months why everybody expects them to take a guard.

Obviously, Beno Udrih isn't the long-term answer at point guard, but I still don't see it being their biggest need. Evans, Thornton, Cousins and Kemba/Jimmer sounds fun on paper, but let's get real.

Kings fans want Jimmer or Kemba.
laugh.gif

The Kings should have a back-up trade plan...

Poor man's Gerald Wallace just shows how weak this draft is. Smh. Stop it with the hype.

I would love you to read what you just posted, and name me one bad trade in there.

I would love you to read what you just posted, and name me one bad trade in there.

I don't even think a lot of those guys are still in the league, so some of them have to be bad to lateral moves. He just seems to make a lot of moves just to make them with no end goal of really improving the team in mind.

What are the purposes of these trades besides shedding payroll? Trading players just to get them back later? Mickey Mouse operations up there in Minny.

And he better pray Rubio doesn't turn out to be a bum...

*shrugs*

I don't even think a lot of those guys are still in the league, so some of them have to be bad to lateral moves. He just seems to make a lot of moves just to make them with no end goal of really improving the team in mind.

What are the purposes of these trades besides shedding payroll? Trading players just to get them back later? Mickey Mouse operations up there in Minny.

And he better pray Rubio doesn't turn out to be a bum...

*shrugs*

Kahn has made 2 good moves...
getting Mike Beasley for nothing and getting Martell Webster

Rick and Wes are still a ?'s IMO

Rick and Wes are still a ?'s IMO

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

What are the purposes of these trades besides shedding payroll? Trading players just to get them back later?
Ummm... you cannot have a shot at making good moves until you clear cap space. In 2009 when he was hired, Kahn was given the reigns to a franchise that could only be described as an absolute train wreck when it came to salaries. Besides, what could Mark Madsen, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair, Etan Thomas, Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions done for this club if they had kept them?

That's right. Nothing.

More than just that.

Receiving Darko Milicic for Brian Cardinal.
Receiving Anthony Randolph for Corey Brewer.
Receiving Michael Beasley for two second rounders.
Receiving Martell Webster for Luke Babbitt.
Receiving Ricky Rubio for Randy Foye/Mike Miller.

Those are Kahn's five trades since he has held the Timberwolves GM position (not involving irrelevant cap space trades). And not in even ONE of those trades did the Timberwolves not come out on the better end.

You can belittle David Kahn's drafting skills all you want... but trades? He's superb when it comes to that. So to say that the Lakers can get some unfair return for giving up Pau Gasol is absolute blasphemy.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

What are the purposes of these trades besides shedding payroll? Trading players just to get them back later?
Ummm... you cannot have a shot at making good moves until you clear cap space. In 2009 when he was hired, Kahn was given the reigns to a franchise that could only be described as an absolute train wreck when it came to salaries. Besides, what could Mark Madsen, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair, Etan Thomas, Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions done for this club if they had kept them?

That's right. Nothing.

More than just that.

Receiving Darko Milicic for Brian Cardinal.
Receiving Anthony Randolph for Corey Brewer.
Receiving Michael Beasley for two second rounders.
Receiving Martell Webster for Luke Babbitt.
Receiving Ricky Rubio for Randy Foye/Mike Miller.

Those are Kahn's five trades since he has held the Timberwolves GM position (not involving irrelevant cap space trades). And not in even ONE of those trades did the Timberwolves not come out on the better end.

You can belittle David Kahn's drafting skills all you want... but trades? He's superb when it comes to that. So to say that the Lakers can get some unfair return for giving up Pau Gasol is absolute blasphemy.

Back
Top Bottom