NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I don't understand why Kawhi Leonard is getting drafted in the Top 10 at all.

3rd world country impoverished Poor mans gerald wallace
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man, if that Lakers deal goes through, I hope the lockout happens.

Pau Gasol for Kevin Love & #2... NO!
Pau Gasol for Kevin Love... NO!
Pau Gasol for the #2... Yeah, man.

PG- Ricky Rubio
SG- Wes Johnson (out of position, I don't care)
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

PG- Ricky Rubio
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

Saw a report that said bucks will take burks if available at 10 and gsw will take klay at 14 if available

Saw a report that said bucks will take burks if available at 10 and gsw will take klay at 14 if available

Originally Posted by JPZx

PG- Ricky Rubio
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

I don't know if I want Pau playing the 5, but if they ever did work why not.

PG- Ricky Rubio
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

I don't know if I want Pau playing the 5, but if they ever did work why not.

PG- Ricky Rubio
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

If you really think the Lakers are going to trade Pau for Derrick Williams.. Minn has to come up off K Love or it's a wrap.

PG- Ricky Rubio
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- Pau Gasol

Let's roll.

If you really think the Lakers are going to trade Pau for Derrick Williams.. Minn has to come up off K Love or it's a wrap.

@SHowardCooper Biyombo working out for teams in N. America, a change from previous plan, being taken by some execs as sign he/agent feel they are slipping.
@tribjazz Jordan Hamilton said he knows Charlotte and Milwaukee are interested in him.
@tribjazz Marcus Morris hearing 5-12. Singleton said his Jazz workout wasn't one of his best.
@chrislittmann Charlotte still hasn't really had anyone back for a second look. Only had Burks/Brooks twice because of injury. Rest of week will be telling

@SHowardCooper Biyombo working out for teams in N. America, a change from previous plan, being taken by some execs as sign he/agent feel they are slipping.
@tribjazz Jordan Hamilton said he knows Charlotte and Milwaukee are interested in him.
@tribjazz Marcus Morris hearing 5-12. Singleton said his Jazz workout wasn't one of his best.
@chrislittmann Charlotte still hasn't really had anyone back for a second look. Only had Burks/Brooks twice because of injury. Rest of week will be telling

With the NBA draft less than a week away, the rumors are beginning to fly. Not only are GMs speculating about who will draft whom, but there's also quite a bit of buzz about potential trades.

Normally at this time of year, we see a number of big trades before and during the draft. This year is more complicated. With the league on the verge of a lockout, teams are unsure what the future holds. Typically a number of trades have to be completed after July 1, when teams get players off the books and have cap space to facilitate deals. This year, with a lockout that could go on for months, such future trades will be virtually nonexistent because teams are unsure how much cap space they'll actually have and whether handshake deals can last for months instead of just days.

Still, there is plenty of chatter about teams exploring deals that they could complete immediately.

It starts at No. 2, where the Minnesota Timberwolves continue to listen to offers for their pick. Although they continue to maintain that they are comfortable taking Derrick Williams at No. 2, their preference is to begin adding veterans to the team. If they draft Williams, they'll look to move Michael Beasley and possibly Anthony Randolph. But neither player has the same trade value that the No. 2 pick has. Potential trade partners include the Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Washington Wizards, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.

For weeks, the most realistic partner appeared to be the Wizards if they were willing to part with JaVale McGee. However, sources in Washington claim that they don't want to trade McGee. The center is a talent, albeit an immature one. But finding young 7-footers is hard to do, and the Wizards wouldn't have a natural replacement for him if they traded him.

Another realistic trade scenario involves the Suns. Phoenix is in hot pursuit of Williams and may have interest in a deal that would send Minnesota center Marcin Gortat and the No. 13 pick for the No. 2 pick and Nikola Pekovic.

The Cavs are also aggressively out there. As I reported in my Mock Draft 5.0, the Cavs have been heavily shopping both Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions around the league in anticipation of drafting Kyrie Irving at No. 1. You can add J.J. Hickson to that list as well, according to sources. The team is willing to package one or more of them with the fourth pick to get the No. 2 pick or a younger veteran to put on the floor with Irving.

The Jazz also will explore options to move down in the draft if they get the right offer. They like the No. 3 pick but don't sound wedded to it.

I've got my eye on the Bucks as well. For the past two years they've made big trades on draft night. They kept their pick both times, but this year might be different. The Bucks think that they're a 45 to-50-win ballclub if they're healthy. Adding another veteran to the mix might help push that along.

The Rockets continue to be aggressive as well, looking around the league for help ... any help. From what I can gather, no one in Houston is safe. The team especially would like to add a center, and there aren't a lot of great options at No. 14.

The Sixers are another team to watch. As ESPN's Chris Broussard has reported, Andre Iguodala is available and the Sixers are looking for size in return. Chris Kaman could be an option. But getting up into the top five in the draft could do it as well if the Sixers are OK moving forward at a slower pace. Is coach Doug Collins willing to risk sliding a bit to shore up the team for the future?

Finally, the Blazers have been aggressive, according to a number of GMs. They are out there looking for a starting point guard and would like to move way up in the draft to get one

With the NBA draft less than a week away, the rumors are beginning to fly. Not only are GMs speculating about who will draft whom, but there's also quite a bit of buzz about potential trades.

Normally at this time of year, we see a number of big trades before and during the draft. This year is more complicated. With the league on the verge of a lockout, teams are unsure what the future holds. Typically a number of trades have to be completed after July 1, when teams get players off the books and have cap space to facilitate deals. This year, with a lockout that could go on for months, such future trades will be virtually nonexistent because teams are unsure how much cap space they'll actually have and whether handshake deals can last for months instead of just days.

Still, there is plenty of chatter about teams exploring deals that they could complete immediately.

It starts at No. 2, where the Minnesota Timberwolves continue to listen to offers for their pick. Although they continue to maintain that they are comfortable taking Derrick Williams at No. 2, their preference is to begin adding veterans to the team. If they draft Williams, they'll look to move Michael Beasley and possibly Anthony Randolph. But neither player has the same trade value that the No. 2 pick has. Potential trade partners include the Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Washington Wizards, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.

For weeks, the most realistic partner appeared to be the Wizards if they were willing to part with JaVale McGee. However, sources in Washington claim that they don't want to trade McGee. The center is a talent, albeit an immature one. But finding young 7-footers is hard to do, and the Wizards wouldn't have a natural replacement for him if they traded him.

Another realistic trade scenario involves the Suns. Phoenix is in hot pursuit of Williams and may have interest in a deal that would send Minnesota center Marcin Gortat and the No. 13 pick for the No. 2 pick and Nikola Pekovic.

The Cavs are also aggressively out there. As I reported in my Mock Draft 5.0, the Cavs have been heavily shopping both Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions around the league in anticipation of drafting Kyrie Irving at No. 1. You can add J.J. Hickson to that list as well, according to sources. The team is willing to package one or more of them with the fourth pick to get the No. 2 pick or a younger veteran to put on the floor with Irving.

The Jazz also will explore options to move down in the draft if they get the right offer. They like the No. 3 pick but don't sound wedded to it.

I've got my eye on the Bucks as well. For the past two years they've made big trades on draft night. They kept their pick both times, but this year might be different. The Bucks think that they're a 45 to-50-win ballclub if they're healthy. Adding another veteran to the mix might help push that along.

The Rockets continue to be aggressive as well, looking around the league for help ... any help. From what I can gather, no one in Houston is safe. The team especially would like to add a center, and there aren't a lot of great options at No. 14.

The Sixers are another team to watch. As ESPN's Chris Broussard has reported, Andre Iguodala is available and the Sixers are looking for size in return. Chris Kaman could be an option. But getting up into the top five in the draft could do it as well if the Sixers are OK moving forward at a slower pace. Is coach Doug Collins willing to risk sliding a bit to shore up the team for the future?

Finally, the Blazers have been aggressive, according to a number of GMs. They are out there looking for a starting point guard and would like to move way up in the draft to get one

I doubt it.

Also, I'm sure an Iguodala for Kaman swap would have happened already had the Clippers thrown in the T'Wolves 2012 pick, but they think that pick holds too much value.

I doubt it.

Also, I'm sure an Iguodala for Kaman swap would have happened already had the Clippers thrown in the T'Wolves 2012 pick, but they think that pick holds too much value.

Back
Top Bottom