NBA Draft Thread 2011

I mean, Luke Babbitt averaged 1 point, 1 rebound, racked up more than 55 DNPs, and spent a large amount of time in the D-League last season.

I don't like judging players until they're in the league a few years, but what is there to like about this kid?

I mean, Luke Babbitt averaged 1 point, 1 rebound, racked up more than 55 DNPs, and spent a large amount of time in the D-League last season.

I don't like judging players until they're in the league a few years, but what is there to like about this kid?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

We're still stuck on Kahn "selecting" four point guards two years later? Really?
Its still relevant, I mean rubio is just coming over now though.
With Rubio and Flynn, yes it's relevant.

Not with Lawson and Calathes though is what I'm saying. The Nuggets and Mavs told Kahn to select those two. It's not like Kahn just selected them and waited by his phone for offers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So basically Kahn @*%!*% up the entire NBA for Mike Beasley. Awesome.
Trading Beasley opened up cap space for Mike Miller, not LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Those three had their deals done already.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

We're still stuck on Kahn "selecting" four point guards two years later? Really?
Its still relevant, I mean rubio is just coming over now though.
With Rubio and Flynn, yes it's relevant.

Not with Lawson and Calathes though is what I'm saying. The Nuggets and Mavs told Kahn to select those two. It's not like Kahn just selected them and waited by his phone for offers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So basically Kahn @*%!*% up the entire NBA for Mike Beasley. Awesome.
Trading Beasley opened up cap space for Mike Miller, not LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Those three had their deals done already.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Tristan Thompson, possibly safest pick of draft?

Huh? Safe in terms of what? Tristan Thompson and safe are not 2 words that go together at all.

Huh? Safe in terms of what? Tristan Thompson and safe are not 2 words that go together at all.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Basically.

General consensus among Blazer fans is that he doesn't have the confidence to shoot well at the NBA level right now. He lit up D League and is one hell of a shooter when it matters less, but most of us would love to have Martell back right now, especially with Rudy Fernandez shooting like he did this season. Kahn kind of won on that one, at least at this point.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Basically.

General consensus among Blazer fans is that he doesn't have the confidence to shoot well at the NBA level right now. He lit up D League and is one hell of a shooter when it matters less, but most of us would love to have Martell back right now, especially with Rudy Fernandez shooting like he did this season. Kahn kind of won on that one, at least at this point.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Why respond to Rook's stupidity?

I guarantee dude hasn't ever seen Alec Burks play more than once
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Why respond to Rook's stupidity?

I guarantee dude hasn't ever seen Alec Burks play more than once
roll.gif

I think Klay Thompson is gonna be nice. Burks has a little Joe Johnson/poor man's D-Wade to him. Motiejunas could go either way, he's risky. Valanciunas is going to be a solid center, there's not too many of those in the league. I think Kanter is going to be great. I think Derrick Williams will be very good but it depends what team drafts him and how they use him.

Minnesota would be a good team to draft D-Will. They could start him at the 3 and bring Beasley off the bench. Then finish the game off with Beas at the 3, D-Will at the 4 and Love at 5.

This draft class will have more impact than last year's IMO.

I think Klay Thompson is gonna be nice. Burks has a little Joe Johnson/poor man's D-Wade to him. Motiejunas could go either way, he's risky. Valanciunas is going to be a solid center, there's not too many of those in the league. I think Kanter is going to be great. I think Derrick Williams will be very good but it depends what team drafts him and how they use him.

Minnesota would be a good team to draft D-Will. They could start him at the 3 and bring Beasley off the bench. Then finish the game off with Beas at the 3, D-Will at the 4 and Love at 5.

This draft class will have more impact than last year's IMO.

Ty Lawson was never a player the Timberwolves had.

I need to put that in my sig or something.

In retrospect, that was another good trade... he turned what would have been the #18 pick in 2009, in to the #16 in 2010.

Ty Lawson was never a player the Timberwolves had.

I need to put that in my sig or something.

In retrospect, that was another good trade... he turned what would have been the #18 pick in 2009, in to the #16 in 2010.

You can't use Ty Lawson against Kahn. If you did that, you'd have to use Ty Lawson against nearly every GM in the league. No one saw the impact he could have at his height given how conservatively he was used at the college level. Karl and the Nuggets simply lucked out on that one. 

Back
Top Bottom