NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kemba is a good player...but where was the Kemba love from SOME of you before the BE Tourney? Now folks saying he could start over a handful of PGs and SGs in the NBA right now?
laugh.gif
Nah man I seen dude light up MS and UK in the preseason Maui Invitational and I knew he was NBA bound for sure... I ain't gonna say I was up on dude skills before this season but after watching him in that preseason tournament, I knew he was gonna be GOOD.

I was in Vegas watching those games cause I put money on MSU and after Walker lit them up, I put even more on UCONN against UK to win my money back and then some. Ever since then I been a Kemba Walker fan straight up. Dude could do no wrong IMO. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Again, shutup.  Preseason tournament?  That was the regular season, hoss.

You sound like a jumpoff right now.
How you gonna try to call me a jumpoff for what I posted... Look at your AVY.
indifferent.gif
I bet you still mad cuz Arizona took your cookies huh?

I ain't messin with trolls like you... Chill with that.

EDIT:

Reported for trollin twice on the same page... Come at me bro.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kemba is a good player...but where was the Kemba love from SOME of you before the BE Tourney? Now folks saying he could start over a handful of PGs and SGs in the NBA right now?
laugh.gif
Nah man I seen dude light up MS and UK in the preseason Maui Invitational and I knew he was NBA bound for sure... I ain't gonna say I was up on dude skills before this season but after watching him in that preseason tournament, I knew he was gonna be GOOD.

I was in Vegas watching those games cause I put money on MSU and after Walker lit them up, I put even more on UCONN against UK to win my money back and then some. Ever since then I been a Kemba Walker fan straight up. Dude could do no wrong IMO. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Again, shutup.  Preseason tournament?  That was the regular season, hoss.

You sound like a jumpoff right now.
How you gonna try to call me a jumpoff for what I posted... Look at your AVY.
indifferent.gif
I bet you still mad cuz Arizona took your cookies huh?

I ain't messin with trolls like you... Chill with that.

EDIT:

Reported for trollin twice on the same page... Come at me bro.

There's a reason some of you guys don't show your faces in the cbb thread. And we like it that way.

There's a reason some of you guys don't show your faces in the cbb thread. And we like it that way.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ya'll trippin... Kemba Walker is a beast and could start over a handful of pg's and sg's in the league right now.

You really think an NBA team is drafting Walker for his playmaking abilities? This dude is a SCORER straight up and will thrive better at the 2 then the PG spot.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House?

Both listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   
The issue with your statement is saying Rose and Kemba being hell of a backcourt. I took this as you saying STARTING backcourt. That is not a starting backcourt conducive to winning on a championship level. Maybe through stretches, they can play together, but they will always be a HUGE liability on the defensive end.

I expect Kemba to get buckets though.

Walker coming off the bench would seem practical. I can understand the idea of him playing with Rose at times would be a major problem for opposing teams because off teams' tendencies to go with 2 pg's on the floor at times. I've seen the Nuggets use Lawson and Billups (prior to trade), GS has ellis and curry, Boston with West and Rondo. As long as it used on a situational basis and not an every game idea. That being said he won't go that late. Side note Harrison Barnes and John Wall are a duo I would be excited for.

Ya'll trippin... Kemba Walker is a beast and could start over a handful of pg's and sg's in the league right now.

You really think an NBA team is drafting Walker for his playmaking abilities? This dude is a SCORER straight up and will thrive better at the 2 then the PG spot.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House?

Both listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   
The issue with your statement is saying Rose and Kemba being hell of a backcourt. I took this as you saying STARTING backcourt. That is not a starting backcourt conducive to winning on a championship level. Maybe through stretches, they can play together, but they will always be a HUGE liability on the defensive end.

I expect Kemba to get buckets though.

Walker coming off the bench would seem practical. I can understand the idea of him playing with Rose at times would be a major problem for opposing teams because off teams' tendencies to go with 2 pg's on the floor at times. I've seen the Nuggets use Lawson and Billups (prior to trade), GS has ellis and curry, Boston with West and Rondo. As long as it used on a situational basis and not an every game idea. That being said he won't go that late. Side note Harrison Barnes and John Wall are a duo I would be excited for.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I hope the Bulls get Kemba Walker somehow... Him and D. Rose in the backcourt would be FILTHY. 

Kemba Walker would be a definite upgrade over CJ Watson...that's about it.
And you are basing that off of what? I mean CJ Watson was a beast in college too. So was damn near everyone in the NBA. Can't make statements like that so early.
I see what you mean by that, by that logic you're also saying I can't say Kemba Walker is better than Jeremy Lin right now.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

I hope the Bulls get Kemba Walker somehow... Him and D. Rose in the backcourt would be FILTHY. 

Kemba Walker would be a definite upgrade over CJ Watson...that's about it.
And you are basing that off of what? I mean CJ Watson was a beast in college too. So was damn near everyone in the NBA. Can't make statements like that so early.
I see what you mean by that, by that logic you're also saying I can't say Kemba Walker is better than Jeremy Lin right now.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Kemba played decent minutes as a freshman when UConn went to the Final Four and lost to MSU. A lot of people expected big things out of him, just not to the degree of what he did this season. So for anyone of you saying where was the Kemba love before the BE tourney, it was there. He had big games in Maui, game winners against Nova and Texas on top of everything he did in the BE tourney.

Last year Dyson was supposed to lead the team, but ya'll know how that went. Dyson didn't deserve that spot, kid just didn't care, AT ALL. I think Dyson's lack of drive led the whole team to underacheive. I mean I knew last year wasn't going to be pretty, but not 18-16. If Dyson had some sort of work ethic Kemba would have been putting up monster numbers last season too. In my mind atleast.

Kemba played decent minutes as a freshman when UConn went to the Final Four and lost to MSU. A lot of people expected big things out of him, just not to the degree of what he did this season. So for anyone of you saying where was the Kemba love before the BE tourney, it was there. He had big games in Maui, game winners against Nova and Texas on top of everything he did in the BE tourney.

Last year Dyson was supposed to lead the team, but ya'll know how that went. Dyson didn't deserve that spot, kid just didn't care, AT ALL. I think Dyson's lack of drive led the whole team to underacheive. I mean I knew last year wasn't going to be pretty, but not 18-16. If Dyson had some sort of work ethic Kemba would have been putting up monster numbers last season too. In my mind atleast.

Kemba was getting mad love before the BET, hell most people had him as the player of the year before Jimmer started going bonkers.

Now if you wanna say before this year, I could go along with that.

I think he will be a solid pro, but I really don't see superstar potential. Hope I'm wrong, because he's fun to watch when he's on.

Kemba was getting mad love before the BET, hell most people had him as the player of the year before Jimmer started going bonkers.

Now if you wanna say before this year, I could go along with that.

I think he will be a solid pro, but I really don't see superstar potential. Hope I'm wrong, because he's fun to watch when he's on.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Please tell me who these pg and sg's are please?
DJ, Mo Will, Bibby, Derek Fisher, whoever they got at pg for Miami before Bibby,...that's off the top of my head...

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Please tell me who these pg and sg's are please?
DJ, Mo Will, Bibby, Derek Fisher, whoever they got at pg for Miami before Bibby,...that's off the top of my head...

LOL how many times have u seen Kemba play??

He can run a team better than all of those guys? Based off of what?

Ur funny bro.

Back
Top Bottom