NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

i remember way back scouts salivating over young DJ Mbenga clips. not saying theyre the same person though.
Yeah this kid is getting major minutes on one of Spain's best teams at 17 is not the same as 24 year old DJ Mbega playing Belgium and going undrafted.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

I hope the Bulls get Kemba Walker somehow... Him and D. Rose in the backcourt would be FILTHY. 

Kemba Walker would be a definite upgrade over CJ Watson...that's about it.

I hope the Bulls get Kemba Walker somehow... Him and D. Rose in the backcourt would be FILTHY. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

And you are basing that off of what? I mean CJ Watson was a beast in college too. So was damn near everyone in the NBA. Can't make statements like that so early.

Originally Posted by acidicality

And you are basing that off of what? I mean CJ Watson was a beast in college too. So was damn near everyone in the NBA. Can't make statements like that so early.

laugh.gif
 I think it's safe to say Kemba was a better college player than CJ Watson, and a better prospect from a physical standpoint, though I don't have any workout numbers in front of me.

laugh.gif
 I think it's safe to say Kemba was a better college player than CJ Watson, and a better prospect from a physical standpoint, though I don't have any workout numbers in front of me.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif

Yea I know he was a better prospect, which is why I said CJ was a beast too.

My point is your can't say he is an upgrade until he at least shows SOMETHING on the next level. We can't base it off of what happened in college.

laugh.gif

My point is your can't say he is an upgrade until he at least shows SOMETHING on the next level. We can't base it off of what happened in college.

hopefully the knicks can pick up someone decent in their late first round pick with either a point guard or center... don't know if there's anybody out there though

hopefully the knicks can pick up someone decent in their late first round pick with either a point guard or center... don't know if there's anybody out there though

Ya'll trippin... Kemba Walker is a beast and could start over a handful of pg's and sg's in the league right now.

You really think an NBA team is drafting Walker for his playmaking abilities? This dude is a SCORER straight up and will thrive better at the 2 then the PG spot.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House? Randy Foye?

Everyone listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   

Ya'll trippin... Kemba Walker is a beast and could start over a handful of pg's and sg's in the league right now.

You really think an NBA team is drafting Walker for his playmaking abilities? This dude is a SCORER straight up and will thrive better at the 2 then the PG spot.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House? Randy Foye?

Everyone listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

Technically, you may be right, but every GM would consider Kemba Walker an upgrade over CJ Watson, just based off potential, and his value as an asset.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

Technically, you may be right, but every GM would consider Kemba Walker an upgrade over CJ Watson, just based off potential, and his value as an asset.

But someone being an upgrade isn't determined until AFTER the replacement is made. Not a second before. That is all I am saying. I will bow-out. Pointless side banter. My fault.

But someone being an upgrade isn't determined until AFTER the replacement is made. Not a second before. That is all I am saying. I will bow-out. Pointless side banter. My fault.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House?

Both listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   
The issue with your statement is saying Rose and Kemba being hell of a backcourt. I took this as you saying STARTING backcourt. That is not a starting backcourt conducive to winning on a championship level. Maybe through stretches, they can play together, but they will always be a HUGE liability on the defensive end.

I expect Kemba to get buckets though.

Ben Gordon? Eddie House?

Both listed above can light it up and Kenba Walker fits the exact same mold.   
The issue with your statement is saying Rose and Kemba being hell of a backcourt. I took this as you saying STARTING backcourt. That is not a starting backcourt conducive to winning on a championship level. Maybe through stretches, they can play together, but they will always be a HUGE liability on the defensive end.

I expect Kemba to get buckets though.

Kemba is a good player...but where was the Kemba love from SOME of you before the BE Tourney? Now folks saying he could start over a handful of PGs and SGs in the NBA right now?
laugh.gif

Kemba is a good player...but where was the Kemba love from SOME of you before the BE Tourney? Now folks saying he could start over a handful of PGs and SGs in the NBA right now?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
Nah man I seen dude light up MS and UK in the preseason Maui Invitational and I knew he was NBA bound for sure... I ain't gonna say I was up on dude skills before this season but after watching him in that preseason tournament, I knew he was gonna be GOOD.

I was in Vegas watching those games cause I put money on MSU and after Walker lit them up, I put even more on UCONN against UK to win my money back and then some. Ever since then I been a Kemba Walker fan straight up. Dude could do no wrong IMO. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
Nah man I seen dude light up MS and UK in the preseason Maui Invitational and I knew he was NBA bound for sure... I ain't gonna say I was up on dude skills before this season but after watching him in that preseason tournament, I knew he was gonna be GOOD.

I was in Vegas watching those games cause I put money on MSU and after Walker lit them up, I put even more on UCONN against UK to win my money back and then some. Ever since then I been a Kemba Walker fan straight up. Dude could do no wrong IMO. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom