NBA Draft Thread 2011

Barring injury, Barnes will still be a top 5 pick in next year's draft, he won't lose out as much, if not at all, compared to other players.

Good move for him, awful for this draft.

Barring injury, Barnes will still be a top 5 pick in next year's draft, he won't lose out as much, if not at all, compared to other players.

Good move for him, awful for this draft.

nerd.gif
Nolan & Kyle in the top 10?
nerd.gif

I know this is random, but does anyone know of Mike Davis draft potential out of Ill? Dude is a beast everytime I watch him.

I know this is random, but does anyone know of Mike Davis draft potential out of Ill? Dude is a beast everytime I watch him.

Sources: Thompson’s going pro

Tristan Thompson
, who was a relentless offensive rebounder and shot-blocker for the Longhorns last season, will not return to Texas for his sophomore season and instead will make himself eligible for the NBA Draft, a source close to his family said.
The source said he spoke to Thompson this week.

An NBA scout familiar with Thompson’s situation also said the player would leave school.

The NBA allows college until Sunday to submit their names for the draft. The NCAA permits players to remove their names from the draft by May 8 and still retain college eligibility providing they have not signed with an agent.

Thompson said last week, at the Longhorns’ annual awards banquet, that if he did enter the draft, it would be with an agent.

Jordan Hamilton, Texas’ leading scorer, also is deliberating between coming back to Texas or going pro.

Some mock drafts in the Internet indicate that Thompson could be selected in the middle of the first round.

His value was enhanced when higher rated players - Jared Sullinger of Ohio State, Perry Jones III of Baylor and Harrison Barnes of North Carolina - elected to remain in school.

Thompson averaged 13.1 points, ranked second in the Big 12 with 7.8 rebounds a game and first with 2.4 blocked shots. The 6-foot-8 forward’s 3.8 offensive rebounds a game led the league.

He was named a first-team freshman All-American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association.

Link

Sources: Thompson’s going pro

Tristan Thompson
, who was a relentless offensive rebounder and shot-blocker for the Longhorns last season, will not return to Texas for his sophomore season and instead will make himself eligible for the NBA Draft, a source close to his family said.
The source said he spoke to Thompson this week.

An NBA scout familiar with Thompson’s situation also said the player would leave school.

The NBA allows college until Sunday to submit their names for the draft. The NCAA permits players to remove their names from the draft by May 8 and still retain college eligibility providing they have not signed with an agent.

Thompson said last week, at the Longhorns’ annual awards banquet, that if he did enter the draft, it would be with an agent.

Jordan Hamilton, Texas’ leading scorer, also is deliberating between coming back to Texas or going pro.

Some mock drafts in the Internet indicate that Thompson could be selected in the middle of the first round.

His value was enhanced when higher rated players - Jared Sullinger of Ohio State, Perry Jones III of Baylor and Harrison Barnes of North Carolina - elected to remain in school.

Thompson averaged 13.1 points, ranked second in the Big 12 with 7.8 rebounds a game and first with 2.4 blocked shots. The 6-foot-8 forward’s 3.8 offensive rebounds a game led the league.

He was named a first-team freshman All-American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association.

Link

Them TT and Hamilton should come back,the not ready but I guess they see a weak draft andnsay why not cash in. What is Joseph thinking?

Them TT and Hamilton should come back,the not ready but I guess they see a weak draft andnsay why not cash in. What is Joseph thinking?

Back
Top Bottom