NBA Draft Thread 2011

Is Russilo covering this?

actually getting Fran to be critical of a kid.
laugh.gif

How is it going so far, I am not watching. Not really anything to see IMO.

My dude Russilo getting face time.

How is it going so far, I am not watching. Not really anything to see IMO.

My dude Russilo getting face time.

The Sixers Should Inquire About the Second Pick

Shortly after the draft lottery concluded and the Minnesota Timberwolves were locked into the second overall pick, rumors of GM David Kahn willingness to trade the pick for "veteran help" surfaced. Here's what we know:
  • This is a weak draft, especially at the top.
  • The T'Wolves need a small forward.
  • Kahn wants "veteran help".
  • The Sixers desperately need a young big man to pair with Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner.
  • The Sixers have a very good veteran small forward whose been the subject of trade rumors since the beginning of time, and the Wolves own a pick – which they're supposedly willing to shop – that could net the Sixers a much-needed big man prospect in Enes Kanter.
With the uncertainty surrounding the CBA and salary cap, forget the details of a potential trade for now. Just know, Rod Thorn ain't doing his job if he doesn't at least call Kahn and the Wolves about a potential Iguodala-for-two swap. It makes too much sense. I doubt the Wolves will get a better offer. Iguodala and pick 16 is much sweeter than the hypothetical proposed here.

Do it!

Link

Shortly after the draft lottery concluded and the Minnesota Timberwolves were locked into the second overall pick, rumors of GM David Kahn willingness to trade the pick for "veteran help" surfaced. Here's what we know:
  • The Sixers desperately need a young big man to pair with Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner.
  • The Sixers have a very good veteran small forward whose been the subject of trade rumors since the beginning of time, and the Wolves own a pick – which they're supposedly willing to shop – that could net the Sixers a much-needed big man prospect in Enes Kanter.
With the uncertainty surrounding the CBA and salary cap, forget the details of a potential trade for now. Just know, Rod Thorn ain't doing his job if he doesn't at least call Kahn and the Wolves about a potential Iguodala-for-two swap. It makes too much sense. I doubt the Wolves will get a better offer. Iguodala and pick 16 is much sweeter than the hypothetical proposed here.

Do it!

Link

Originally Posted by PMatic

Do it!

Link

Hmmm...if Irving/Kanter go 1 & 2, I still stand by what I said in that the Wizards would do everything in their power to move up to #3. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

Do it!

Link

Hmmm...if Irving/Kanter go 1 & 2, I still stand by what I said in that the Wizards would do everything in their power to move up to #3. 

I do agree (as would most people) that the T'Wolves could use alot of help BUT should they be/are they really looking for a small forward?

Did they not draft Wes Johnson high last year? I know he (Wes) aint playin the 4 and if memory serves correct he doesn't seem like a 2 (athough checking ESPN.com just now, they have him listed as the top SG on the Wolves depth chart).

I guess they'd plug Iggy in @ the 2 spot? Or am I just looking at this the wrong way...

I do agree (as would most people) that the T'Wolves could use alot of help BUT should they be/are they really looking for a small forward?

Did they not draft Wes Johnson high last year? I know he (Wes) aint playin the 4 and if memory serves correct he doesn't seem like a 2 (athough checking ESPN.com just now, they have him listed as the top SG on the Wolves depth chart).

I guess they'd plug Iggy in @ the 2 spot? Or am I just looking at this the wrong way...

We found out this year that Wes can't play SG.Iguodala... Okay I guess. I'm definitely for stockpiling talent, but I would really like to receive a vet SG if we're letting the #2 get away.Monta Ellis.

We found out this year that Wes can't play SG.Iguodala... Okay I guess. I'm definitely for stockpiling talent, but I would really like to receive a vet SG if we're letting the #2 get away.Monta Ellis.

Kyle Singler out here still trying to draw charges in fast break drills...what a loser.

Kyle Singler out here still trying to draw charges in fast break drills...what a loser.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

I hate Russilo. Dude spends 1/3 of the podcast talking about himself or how much he knows. I love when they Get Mike Yam or someone else to sub for him. Last year's podcasts > This year.
Mad im missing it tho.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

I hate Russilo. Dude spends 1/3 of the podcast talking about himself or how much he knows. I love when they Get Mike Yam or someone else to sub for him. Last year's podcasts > This year.
Mad im missing it tho.

Mid round pick teams this year have an advantage over the top 10 picks IMO

I would rather have a Kenneth Faried on my team (at least you know what you will get) over rolling the dice on a euro player or top 10 pick not named Kyrie or Enes

Mid round pick teams this year have an advantage over the top 10 picks IMO

I would rather have a Kenneth Faried on my team (at least you know what you will get) over rolling the dice on a euro player or top 10 pick not named Kyrie or Enes

Back
Top Bottom