NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Does anyone know anything about Valanciunas?
6-11 center, 7-6 wingspan allegedly, excellent production in the euro league, from what i have seen he is not particularly skilled right now lacks post moves and can't really create his own shot. The good things about him is he is very good in the pick and roll has a very good timing and sets big picks knows when to roll to the basket, can finish once he gets there, strong hands, he is skinny now bot he's got a strong frame so he should fill out. He's shooting over 90% from the free throw line so it's likely that his jumper improves.

He's also producing big numbers in the euro league, per 40 mins he's averaging 20 and 14 with two blocks on 70% shooting on a playoff team.

Statistical red flags would be his high turnover rate and les than 1 assist per 40 minutes for a -8 pure point rating...speaks to low skill level,and only 5 FTA per 40 mins speaks to lack of one on one scoring ability.

IMO I think people totally exaggerate his athleticism, it's solid for a center.
Nice post..  Do you think he is a better player to draft than Kanter?

6-11 center, 7-6 wingspan allegedly, excellent production in the euro league, from what i have seen he is not particularly skilled right now lacks post moves and can't really create his own shot. The good things about him is he is very good in the pick and roll has a very good timing and sets big picks knows when to roll to the basket, can finish once he gets there, strong hands, he is skinny now bot he's got a strong frame so he should fill out. He's shooting over 90% from the free throw line so it's likely that his jumper improves.

He's also producing big numbers in the euro league, per 40 mins he's averaging 20 and 14 with two blocks on 70% shooting on a playoff team.

Statistical red flags would be his high turnover rate and les than 1 assist per 40 minutes for a -8 pure point rating...speaks to low skill level,and only 5 FTA per 40 mins speaks to lack of one on one scoring ability.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

BJ has wanted out of MIL since day 1.

Anyone would... 
I'm a Bucks fan, if it matters 
frown.gif

Eh the IDEA of Enes Katner maybe nicer, but he hasn't played in 2 years so who knows if thats true, Jonas has been playing, playing well so to me just seems like a surer thing.

Plus they are hard to compar Jonas ceiling is like a more skilled Joakim Noah while his floor might be like Omir Asik. Kanter ceiling might be a bigger tougher Kevin Love floor his floor is who the *!%$ knows.
ohwell.gif

Eh the IDEA of Enes Katner maybe nicer, but he hasn't played in 2 years so who knows if thats true, Jonas has been playing, playing well so to me just seems like a surer thing.

Plus they are hard to compar Jonas ceiling is like a more skilled Joakim Noah while his floor might be like Omir Asik. Kanter ceiling might be a bigger tougher Kevin Love floor his floor is who the *!%$ knows.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
all my UK friends HATED him at Kentucky
laugh.gif

He's only been playing point for a year? News to me. Pretty sure that he's been a point guard in high school as well.

And Amp with this Jrue Holiday love fest again. I don't get it. He really sold you that much off of this one series? After he's been a bum for 2 years?

Jordan Hamilton's chucking #!$ at #6? Eh, reaching. He could end up being another JR Smith.

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

He's only been playing point for a year? News to me. Pretty sure that he's been a point guard in high school as well.

And Amp with this Jrue Holiday love fest again. I don't get it. He really sold you that much off of this one series? After he's been a bum for 2 years?

Jordan Hamilton's chucking #!$ at #6? Eh, reaching. He could end up being another JR Smith.

He's been playing point for as long as I could remember and I been following B. Knight for years now.

He's been playing point for as long as I could remember and I been following B. Knight for years now.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Son what are you talking about? Stick to watching CBB

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Son what are you talking about? Stick to watching CBB

Back
Top Bottom