NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah, the combine testing only reinforced it, Derrick Williams can't play three, it would just be stupid, he's a mediocre athlete for a 3, above average for a 4, his ball handling is suspect.
I watched Tristan Thompson lock this dude up for 48 minutes and he could not get buy him, Tristan is comparable athletically to an average NBA 3, does he believe he's going to get by ANY competent defender at the three spot, he has the size and bulk to ply 4 so just play 4.
Have you seen Luol athletically?  Stop using these dumb +!$$%*% combine tests as litmus tests for what a player can do in the league.  Ball is ball and isn't played using numbers, especially numbers that aren't coming about in game type scenarios but rather structured drills.
1. I said they reinforced thus they are not a litmus test.

2. Luol Deng is not an effective offesnive player...so does this bode well for Derrick, also Luol has a 7 foot wingspan, and 9'1 standing reach, he might as well be 6'10 thus why he can guard so well.

Like I said, has anybody seen any advanced ball handling moves to suggest that he can play the three, do you really belive he has a quick enough first step to get by any good defender at the 3, he's a match up night mare at the 4, him playing the 3 has so many question marks with few real benefits.

Yeah, the combine testing only reinforced it, Derrick Williams can't play three, it would just be stupid, he's a mediocre athlete for a 3, above average for a 4, his ball handling is suspect.
I watched Tristan Thompson lock this dude up for 48 minutes and he could not get buy him, Tristan is comparable athletically to an average NBA 3, does he believe he's going to get by ANY competent defender at the three spot, he has the size and bulk to ply 4 so just play 4.
Have you seen Luol athletically?  Stop using these dumb +!$$%*% combine tests as litmus tests for what a player can do in the league.  Ball is ball and isn't played using numbers, especially numbers that aren't coming about in game type scenarios but rather structured drills.

2. Luol Deng is not an effective offesnive player...so does this bode well for Derrick, also Luol has a 7 foot wingspan, and 9'1 standing reach, he might as well be 6'10 thus why he can guard so well.

Like I said, has anybody seen any advanced ball handling moves to suggest that he can play the three, do you really belive he has a quick enough first step to get by any good defender at the 3, he's a match up night mare at the 4, him playing the 3 has so many question marks with few real benefits.

I'm definitely not slotting Williams in as a 3, I was more so arguing against using these combine numbers to classify someones position.  Again, these aren't game situations they're being evaluated in when they accumulate these numbers.  I think Williams is a 4 right now but who's to say that he won't be able to play the 3 in spurts or in a big line up?

I'm definitely not slotting Williams in as a 3, I was more so arguing against using these combine numbers to classify someones position.  Again, these aren't game situations they're being evaluated in when they accumulate these numbers.  I think Williams is a 4 right now but who's to say that he won't be able to play the 3 in spurts or in a big line up?

Luol isn't an effective offensive player? Oh. He's not elite, but effective? Yes.

DWill isn't going to be a 3. Only in his mind. If a team does play him at the 3 then chances are the team won't be very good.

Luol isn't an effective offensive player? Oh. He's not elite, but effective? Yes.

DWill isn't going to be a 3. Only in his mind. If a team does play him at the 3 then chances are the team won't be very good.

@Chris_Broussard Cavs, Pistons, Twolves discussing 3-team trade that would give Cavs 1st & 2nd picks, sources say.
@Chris_Broussard Cavs absorb Rip Hamilton into 14.6 mill trade exception & get Det's 8th pick. Cavs send 4th & 8th picks to Minny for 2nd pick
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Edit:
@Chris_Broussard Cavs would then draft Kyrie No. 1 and Derrick Williams No. 2. Nothing imminent but trade us being discussed by the teams.

Minny definitely doesn't need more projects to develop.

But then again, I dunno what's more worthwhile to teams if they want to trade for veteran help

The #2 pick alone, or #4 & #8

Minny definitely doesn't need more projects to develop.

But then again, I dunno what's more worthwhile to teams if they want to trade for veteran help

The #2 pick alone, or #4 & #8

Cavs must really love Derrick Williams

I'd much rather take Valanciunas or Kanter @ the 4 than make the deal and take on Rip

Back
Top Bottom