NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'd look at any college team that produced more superstars. Duke has produced none.

there arent that many SUPERstars to begin with.....unless you are using that term loosely...there is only like handful of superstars to begin with....so a lot of school therefore havent produced superstars...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'd look at any college team that produced more superstars. Duke has produced none.

there arent that many SUPERstars to begin with.....unless you are using that term loosely...there is only like handful of superstars to begin with....so a lot of school therefore havent produced superstars...

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

I don't follow your argument because it went from "Duke's track record is horrible" to "Duke has produced (no superstars)."

I asked, "which college program has produced a better stable of talent in the NBA?"  I didn't ask, "which college program has produced more superstars?"

When you use "track record," you automatically incorporate historical consistency.  And history indicates that Duke is just as good, if not better, at consistently producing NBA talent in comparison to other college programs.

However, since you'd like to use "track record" as an indicator with "superstar" as the outcome...

What college program do you know of has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

Because I don't know any college programs that have been consistent in producing "superstar" talent in recent memory seeing as though the NBA is dominated by players drafted from high school and overseas.

And I'll define "superstar" as a player possessing "MVP or All-NBA team type talent":
  • Marquette has produced Dwyane Wade (25 ppg), Wesley Mathews (13), Lazar Hayward (4), Steve Novak (4), and Travis Diener (no longer in the NBA).  That would be 1 superstar.
  • A good example is Wake Forest: Tim Duncan (21 ppg), Chris Paul (19), Josh Howard (15), Darius Songalia (7), Al-Farouq Aminu (6), James Johnson (5), Jeff Teague (4), and Ishmael Smith (2).  That is two superstars mixed with several serviceable players.
  • For comparison, Duke: Elton Brand (19 ppg), Grant Hill (18), Carlos Boozer (17 ppg), Corey Maggette (16), Luol Deng (16), Mike Dunleavy (12), Shane Battier (10),  J.J. Redick (
    glasses.gif
    , Gerald Henderson (7), Chris Duhon (7), Dahntay Jones (6), Josh McRoberts (5), Shelden Williams (5).  Brand (2nd), Hill (1st), and Boozer (3rd) have been All-NBA with the rest being serviceable.  I'd stack Duke's alumni against any other college program in recent memory.
Once again...

What college program do you know of that has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

And if/when you reply, I'd like to see your definition of "superstar."

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

I don't follow your argument because it went from "Duke's track record is horrible" to "Duke has produced (no superstars)."

I asked, "which college program has produced a better stable of talent in the NBA?"  I didn't ask, "which college program has produced more superstars?"

When you use "track record," you automatically incorporate historical consistency.  And history indicates that Duke is just as good, if not better, at consistently producing NBA talent in comparison to other college programs.

However, since you'd like to use "track record" as an indicator with "superstar" as the outcome...

What college program do you know of has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

Because I don't know any college programs that have been consistent in producing "superstar" talent in recent memory seeing as though the NBA is dominated by players drafted from high school and overseas.

And I'll define "superstar" as a player possessing "MVP or All-NBA team type talent":
  • Marquette has produced Dwyane Wade (25 ppg), Wesley Mathews (13), Lazar Hayward (4), Steve Novak (4), and Travis Diener (no longer in the NBA).  That would be 1 superstar.
  • A good example is Wake Forest: Tim Duncan (21 ppg), Chris Paul (19), Josh Howard (15), Darius Songalia (7), Al-Farouq Aminu (6), James Johnson (5), Jeff Teague (4), and Ishmael Smith (2).  That is two superstars mixed with several serviceable players.
  • For comparison, Duke: Elton Brand (19 ppg), Grant Hill (18), Carlos Boozer (17 ppg), Corey Maggette (16), Luol Deng (16), Mike Dunleavy (12), Shane Battier (10),  J.J. Redick (
    glasses.gif
    , Gerald Henderson (7), Chris Duhon (7), Dahntay Jones (6), Josh McRoberts (5), Shelden Williams (5).  Brand (2nd), Hill (1st), and Boozer (3rd) have been All-NBA with the rest being serviceable.  I'd stack Duke's alumni against any other college program in recent memory.
Once again...

What college program do you know of that has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

Originally Posted by SmoothBalla

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

glasses.gif
Once again...

exactly what i was trying to mention in my post...the superstar word is getting used loosely these days....no school drops superstars on a consistant basis...we only have like a handful of superstarts in the league to begin with...  

Who the *+$$ cares about Duke and colleges? Take that to the college thread I wanna know what's going on with this draft.

Who the *+$$ cares about Duke and colleges? Take that to the college thread I wanna know what's going on with this draft.

Originally Posted by SmoothBalla

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

glasses.gif
Once again...

exactly what i was trying to mention in my post...the superstar word is getting used loosely these days....no school drops superstars on a consistant basis...we only have like a handful of superstarts in the league to begin with...  

Originally Posted by quik1987

No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke

Gerald Henderson - Sucks
Shelden Williams - Sucks
Battier - Role Player
Deng - Role Player
Dunleavy - Role Player
Maggette - Injury
Duhon - Sucks
Boozer - Scumbag
Brand - Injury
Hill - Injury
Jay Williams - Motorcycle
Reddick - douche bag
Langdon - Cut
Laetener - White

I don't see how Irving will break this cycle. Coach K. don't breed superstars.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke

Gerald Henderson - Sucks
Shelden Williams - Sucks
Battier - Role Player
Deng - Role Player
Dunleavy - Role Player
Maggette - Injury
Duhon - Sucks
Boozer - Scumbag
Brand - Injury
Hill - Injury
Jay Williams - Motorcycle
Reddick - douche bag
Langdon - Cut
Laetener - White

I don't see how Irving will break this cycle. Coach K. don't breed superstars.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If Kanter played this year he'd be going number 1 no contest. Dude is legit.

I also think Jimmer is going to fare VERY well in the NBA. He actually has very good athleticism for his size and gets great elevation on his jumpshot. I wanna say he just might be better than Curry........but you dudes will have a panic attack.

I also don't give a damn what anybody says, I still think Brandon Knight will be a better point guard than Kyrie Irving at the end of the day but yall can believe what you want. I want Knight to end up on the Kings.

Back
Top Bottom