[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop just because it went 3 overtimes smh, this was the finals, an elimination game and all of the momentum swings in the last 2 mins of the 4th

Kobe 4th qtr comeback against the raptors this year was better than that 1st round gm

08 Boston vs Chicago was win or go home too. The best part about that game was that it was the constant back and forth three pointers and exchanges of crazy plays.

The game yesterday was only good in the last 5 minutes and OT. I wouldn't put it as the greatest game in 21st century. If you think yesterday game is the best then you must have not watch much basketball.

Not the greatest game I've ever seen but it's way up there. I'm still in disbelief a day later 
laugh.gif

They're replaying it right now on NBA TV.. and man. Timmy D did NOT want a Game 7 the way he came out the gates lol.

@LeBatardShow: Heat were preparing to protest illegal substitution of Duncan w 5 secs during Allen review. Could have had game-winner, trophy and overturn
@matthew_gruda: @LeBatardShow No chance the league would overturn it. Like @IzzyESPN said, years of apologies and what if's.
@LeBatardShow: @matthew_gruda @izzyespn maybe. But replayed Hawks-heat game's last few minutes once because of it
Could you imagine? I don't know if they would've overturned it or not, but if they did.
eek.gif
 Would've been the biggest disaster in league history.

I still don't understand how there were 3 Spurs around Bosh and none of them foul him.

Bosh would have to make 2 free throw with 2 seconds left and they are down 3. Smh.

^nobody teaches that, especially off a miss shot. in your head, you just play ball.

manu pt shaving, owes some argentinian mob boss some money
i swear if he was in college, i would investigate him :smh:
throw in wade as well.

so...lebron gets co-mvp with manu if heat win? :lol:

anyone know who the refs are for gm7?

btw, heat at -6 again. (heavy money on them from public)
threw my money last night on spurs, and they covered. i have a feeling heat may blow them out in gm7, but who knows...

Last edited:
@LeBatardShow: Heat were preparing to protest illegal substitution of Duncan w 5 secs during Allen review. Could have had game-winner, trophy and overturn

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow[/URL]"]
@matthew_gruda: @LeBatardShow No chance the league would overturn it. Like @IzzyESPN said, years of apologies and what if's.

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/matthew_gruda[/URL]"]
@LeBatardShow: @matthew_gruda @izzyespn maybe. But replayed Hawks-heat game's last few minutes once because of it

[/QUOTE]

Could you imagine? I don't know if they would've overturned it or not, but if they did. :wow:  Would've been the biggest disaster in league history.
[/quote]

Oh hey.

The refs botched the situation but it had zero impact on the game. It's pretty irrelevant at this point.

Pretty irrelevant, and I guess I'm the only one speakin on it huh? Go sit down.

For the series, the Heat have scored 131.7 points per 100 possessions when James is on the floor without Wade, and just 100.8 when the two have shared the floor, per NBA.com. The Heat are minus-12 for the series, but the James–Mike Miller–Ray Allen super-shooting trio is a crazy plus-50 in just 68 minutes, per NBA.com. The James-Miller-Chalmers trio is plus-43 in just 80 minutes, and the combination of those four players is a stunning plus-49 in just 29 total minutes together, per NBA.com.

Which is to say, depending on the flow of Game 7, Erik Spoelstra’s hook on Wade has to be quicker. This is the entire season on the line. He cannot just roll with Wade like it’s 2006 or 2008, trusting Wade’s “warrior” nature and big-game reputation. And he certainly cannot reserve precious late-game out-of-timeout possessions for Wade plays, as he did in calling for a Wade post-up with 2:40 left and the Heat up 87-84. Wade is 6-of-27 on post-ups during the playoffs, per Synergy Sports. He has drawn exactly zero fouls on those 27 shots. He has turned the ball over on 16 percent of his post-up possessions. His post-up game is dead. It might return at any moment — Wade is a crazy shot-maker, as Games 4 and 5 reminded us — but Spoelstra has to operate under the assumption that it is dead until next season.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...greatest-most-insane-nba-finals-game-in-years

What's being overshadowed is Tony Parker hit the biggest 3 pointer of his life down the stretch and then he hit the biggest go ahead bucket of his career. All within 30 seconds of each other.

All that - Washed Away.

You'll never see those shots in highlight videos again.

You will see that LeBron and ray 3 forever and ever
And you won't see Lebron's airballs (or were they just turnovers?) and other missed shots.

Either way, Spurs blew it. The predicted outcome of game 7 is a Heat blow-out. They have home court and the Spurs are deflated.

But let's see what the Spurs have left in the tank. And if Stern's bribes to the refs get lost in the mail.

I know, thinking isn't really your thing. It's cool. The league almost had a complete meltdown of a situation, but nothing happened, so just forget all about it. :lol:

People keep saying the Spurs wont recover or what not, but how did they play after the 0.4 game? Did they show up or did they play terrible, I really can't remember. I know the team is different for the Spurs, but the core is still there....

As much as it hurts me to say, they should have less line ups with Wade and James together.. unless Wade is hot. If Wade gets hot that all changes because hes tarts snaking his way to the rim at ease, making floaters and and-1s and even starts hitting his jumpers and fadeaways lol. But he doesn't spread the floor enough for James to operate efficiently. When they're both on the floor the Spurs can pack the paint. The lineup where No Headband James made that run, everyone was a shooter, giving Bron a lot of cracks and space to attack.

So I would try to have that lineup with Bron and a lot of shooters more, and alternate lineups with Bron leading with Wade on the bench and vice versa. Unless Wade finds his midrange jumper.. but even still I don't think that creates enough space. But if Wade somehow has a Game 4 or 5 outing that can change things up.. Or if Wade can become really really active on defense, picking pockets and playing passing lanes, and blocking shots.. that can change things up too because it disrupts the Spurs offense and creates fast break opportunities.

[quote name="CP"]Cookie posts >>>>>>>> your crying.... and my crying about your crying[/quote]Fixed. [quote name="CP"]I know, thinking isn't really your thing. It's cool. The league almost had a complete meltdown of a situation, but nothing happened, so just forget all about it. :lol:[/quote]Dude. Chill.

Last edited:
I know, thinking isn't really your thing. It's cool. The league almost had a complete meltdown of a situation, but nothing happened, so just forget all about it.
laugh.gif
I'm so distraught by your "thinking isn't really my thing" comment 
laugh.gif
. Almost doesn't count buddy. File that botch job in with all the other blown calls they've made over the years.

Last edited:
Stop just because it went 3 overtimes smh, this was the finals, an elimination game and all of the momentum swings in the last 2 mins of the 4th

Kobe 4th qtr comeback against the raptors this year was better than that 1st round gm

08 Boston vs Chicago was win or go home too. The best part about that game was that it was the constant back and forth three pointers and exchanges of crazy plays.

The game yesterday was only good in the last 5 minutes and OT. I wouldn't put it as the greatest game in 21st century. If you think yesterday game is the best then you must have not watch much basketball.

None of those games had a legacy impact like it would have had the Heat lost.

Everything in this series revolved around LeBron James and his legacy which made it fantastic.

Whether you want to believe it or not everyone is playing for LeBron like they are playing for Duncan on the other side.

I feel like the Heat are going to blow out the Spurs in Game 7, but the Spurs are mentally strong and can definitely grind out a win

This series is very unpredictable :\

People keep saying the Spurs wont recover or what not, but how did they play after the 0.4 game? Did they show up or did they play terrible, I really can't remember. I know the team is different for the Spurs, but the core is still there....

if im correct that was gm5. lakers went on to win at home. if anything, it wouldve at least guaranteed the spurs a gm7 at worst, since the teams were protecting home court up until fisher shot. spurs kept it close til the fourth but shaq was too dominate and with help of karl malone, timmy and spurs shot horribly. they slowed the lakers offense a little, but they couldnt do anything on offensive end

they recovered next season by winning a chip.

manu fouled dirk in gm7 a couple yrs later, when they lost and couldnt defend. they recovered winning a chip the following yr.

these guys are too old, im not sure they got another run in them next yr.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom