Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Klayyyy? Over rated defender??

Nah. Check his footwork on defense and his ability to hold his ground in the post.

Any real hooper knows he is great on defense.

What about the metrics tho?

Rings matter to the top 1% of guys.

No one is going to look at Damian Lillard differently in 20 years depending on if he wins a championship or not.

Wut

No one is going to look at Damian Lillard differently in 20 years depending on if he wins a championship or not.
The sooner fans realize this across most major pro sports that happier their lives will be. I'm never gonna knock a guy for taking the money.

Who would have thought Kendrick Perkins would be the only person on TV making sense?

In the past 3 years....Golden State has been SCRAPING the competition...generally with Steph and KD both dominating. Hell at one point this season they both were averaging damn near 30 at the same time. But no...let's take a handful of playoff games to paint the narrative that KD was "holding them back" and they don't play like this when he's there...as if they haven't led the NBA in assists as a team for the past 3 years :lol::smh:

Deacon Perk :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Perk cool as a fan:lol:

You can play what if's with sports all day, none of it matters.
Bron didn't have Kyrie or Love the first matchup and they won 2 games, who's to say him having 2 all stars by him wouldn't win him 2 more?
Dubs won, they will be remembered as the winners; nobody is going to go back and look at variables to it, nobody every does after a certain amount of time goes by.

Who would have thought Kendrick Perkins would be the only person on TV making sense?

In the past 3 years....Golden State has been SCRAPING the competition...generally with Steph and KD both dominating. Hell at one point this season they both were averaging damn near 30 at the same time. But no...let's take a handful of playoff games to paint the narrative that KD was "holding them back" and they don't play like this when he's there...as if they haven't led the NBA in assists as a team for the past 3 years :lol::smh:

I swear.

And Perk has a unique perspective. He was on the bench getting backed down by Steph when Steph set an NBA finals record 9 3pointers in a game (and most in a series sweep before.....yesterday) :lol:. So you know he had to keep it real. He saw it. Up close and direct.

In that same game...KD had 26-9-7....on 10/14 shots often feeding Steph.

How soon they forget.

Bron didn't have Kyrie or Love the first matchup and they won 2 games, who's to say him having 2 all stars by him wouldn't win him 2 more?
Dubs won, they will be remembered as the winners; nobody is going to go back and look at variables to it, nobody every does after a certain amount of time goes by.

The thing about the 2015 finals that always gets overlooked is Kyrie player game 1...and the Cavs lost. It took a historically bad shooting night from Steph in game 2 (5/23)...for the Cavs to steal a game by 2 at Oracle....which a prime LeBron was capable of...then grab a win at home. With Love & Kyrie....Warriors still winning that series once the death lineup was unleashed.

But it’s a what if. What I do know is the dubs going on chip #4 in year 5. Can’t front on that!

He had Kyrie and Kevin the very next year and went down 3-1 tho..

And those teams all lose. If you had a longer, capable and better defender...from a team and WINNING standpoint...why wouldn’t you put a Klay Thompson on the better offensive guard :lol:.

That makes no sense. Again, team ball & winning >>>>>
We aren't talking from a team aspect. Don't move the goal posts.

The original question was "what is it about currys game don't you like."

Of course gsw wins, they're a great team and well coached.

That has nothing to do with the fact that curry doesn't have the ability to stay in front of his matchup consistently enough to not need cross matchups.

As it directly relates to his game in combination with his him as a person...

The thing that I really dislike about him (a good amount of the players dislike this as well) is that he is great on offense and a hot dogger after he cooks, (a corny hot dogger too)...then, on the other end, gets to hide on the worst perimeter player so that his deficiencies don't show as much. He's the NBA equivalent of the biggest NT troll. (Insert name here) He gets to cook, then hide behind his computer. It's easy to be a soldier when it ain't no war.

Other than that, I really enjoy his offensive skill set and the way gsw plays the game

It's the fans that incredibly overrate him that grinds my gears.

Fine. I’ll accept it.

But, who in the NBA do you see that doesn’t fit this description? Just curious.

The thing about the 2015 finals that always gets overlooked is Kyrie player game 1...and the Cavs lost. It took a historically bad shooting night from Steph in game 2 (5/23)...for the Cavs to steal a game by 2 at Oracle....which a prime LeBron was capable of...then grab a win at home. With Love & Kyrie....Warriors still winning that series once the death lineup was unleashed.

But it’s a what if. What I do know is the dubs going on chip #4 in year 5. Can’t front on that!

Game 1 went into OT and Kyrie got hurt in the 4th.

Dude's really saying Klay isn't an elite defender? :lol:
I'll spend entire Warrior defensive possessions just watching him work on/off the ball
If you define Scottie pippen, Michael Jordan and kawhi Leonard as elite, then no, klay isn't elite.

But that's not a slight to klay. He's really good defensively.

Why is it that some gsw fans get upset about that?

I mean, elite "all world" defensive players end up on the all defensive teams at some point right? How many all defensive teams has klay made?

Last edited:
people are severely underrating how much of an impact KD being on that team allows for everyone else to stay fresh throughout the year. If KD isn't carrying the load he does Steph HAS to be aggressive every night for GS to win, Klay would have to be way more aggressive which would effect his defense, Draymond wouldn't have the Luxury of being 20 pounds overweight & kicking it up in the playoffs.

The Warriors do look extremely good playing w/o KD right now, but you better believe that they wouldn't be anywhere near this good if they were all forced to up there usage & roles to this level for the past two years. Are they capable of doing this over a season, surely (we seen em during that 73 Win season). But w/o KD the fatigue would have built up a lot more over these past three years.

Back
Top Bottom