Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dont even feel like its that hard for steph no i mean its that hard but

if he hits 5 threes every quarter it dont even sound like a lot if he shot 10 threes in every quarter

The bottom line for me is this. Steph's gravity is not noticed casual basketball fans, but it is something that is incredibly important. Never seen anyone guarded like Steph is.

HOWEVER, to be mentioned in elite company of the best of the best, we need more. I want to see Steph go apes**t. Go BE the all time great that some think you are. Put up 48 points and dominate the game. Give the voters no choice but to vote for you for FMVP. End this talk about all the greats have FMVPS. You want it Steph? Go take it. Thats what the best players in NBA history would do. You want to be mentioned in that group without hearing crap from the peanut gallery? Then its on you to make it happen.
I agree with this. Steph is amazing, but I want more from him. I need bro to empty the clip. Even though he's averaging like 35 over the last 8 games, I want him to push it to 40+ for at least a game or two. Show up and show out. Make them pay attention to you. I think the world is ready for Volume Curry.

steph not shooting 40 3s in a game b. wth. Rockets average like 45 as a team.

40-3s is equivalent to pitching 8 straight innings. Heds be dead after that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bro..I legit don't pay any attention to none of them talk shows :lol:. Like I had no clue it was a 'thing' until you started posting these clips, which I still don't watch :lol:. That's why every time you or someone else be talking about how he's underrated I'm just like..where? And then you post some skip Bayless **** :lol:. I just watch the games and see him do his thing, see how every team's commentators praise him etc. NBA tv shows him love too. Aint nobody sleeping on him like that :lol:.

Would you say LeBron is underrated? Bruh has his own hate thread :lol:. Hated =/= underrated. Kobe had plenty of haters too. So did Jordan and plenty others. Charge it to the game

There’s a difference tho. It’s why Iggy said what he said. It’s why they’re doing segments on it. And the discrediting that gets thrown Steph’s way has partial to do with basketball...and a lot on misconceptions about who he is, how he plays, where he comes from, how he looks.

We talk **** on Kobe, Bron etc etc...and “hate them” in the way you’d crack slick about an all time great. They’re still recognized as such. With Steph...there is a clear reluctance to appreciate him by a larger than you know set of the basketball public. His “greatness” isn’t in the traditional sense. Not in trajectory, build, recognizable impact or background. He’s an outlier, and people tend to scoff when you point out the **** he does. It’s why here, on NT and on social media....there’s the “steph better talk” and some hyperbole. It’s a pushback to the “just a jump shooter”, “soft”, “choker”, “doesn’t show up in the finals” etc label....that still holds for Steph in 2019.

I think its just hard for the casual fan to wrap their heads around a 6’3 180 lb, jump shooting PG...that comes from privilege, is light skin, seems like a goodie two shoes etc to be THAT dominating of a player. Especially with the **** that doesn’t show up in the box score that they don’t pay attention too.

That’s a thing man.

There’s a difference tho. It’s why Iggy said what he said. It’s why they’re doing segments on it. And the discrediting that gets thrown Steph’s way has partial to do with basketball...and a lot on misconceptions about who he is, how he plays, where he comes from, how he looks.

We talk **** on Kobe, Bron etc etc...and “hate them” in the way you’d crack slick about an all time great. They’re still recognized as such. With Steph...there is a clear reluctance to appreciate him by a larger than you know set of the basketball public. His “greatness” isn’t in the traditional sense. Not in trajectory, build, recognizable impact or background. He’s an outlier, and people tend to scoff when you point out the **** he does. It’s why here, on NT and on social media....there’s the “steph better talk” and some hyperbole. It’s a pushback to the “just a jump shooter”, “soft”, “choker”, “doesn’t show up in the finals” etc label....that still holds for Steph in 2019.

I think its just hard for the casual fan to wrap their heads around a 6’3 180 lb, jump shooting PG...that comes from privilege, is light skin, seems like a goodie two shoes etc to be THAT dominating of a player. Especially with the **** that doesn’t show up in the box score that they don’t pay attention too.

That’s a thing man.

tenor.gif

Ayesha would be proud...if she wasn't thirsty looking for attention elsewhere. Keep doing you man.

Back
Top Bottom