• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re using shock jocks to justify yourself?

Y’all want to talk about positionless basketball but want to give him all the benefits of being a great point guard without great point guard numbers

ASSISTS matter if you’re PG.

There’s no way around it.

Bro...you think MKG is going to be better than Brad Beal?

How you think Blake & Cp going to look together?

Adding KD also served to add a top three player to a 73 win team, and allow more room for steph, who is indeed one of the best three point shooters of all-time, to work with the crazy range that he has. You can't just ignore the fact that the Warriors were masterfully constructed. Curry undoubtedly benefits from having that roster. So when you're talking 'Most Valuable' you have to respect a guy doing so much with so much less.

Again, we are acknowledging that he's floating around the perimiter on literally one of the best constructed NBA rosters of all-time, right? We can't give Steph all this credit and not be realistic about the fact that Draymond's all-time great role playing, KD's all-time great everything and Klay's all-time great shooting makes his job a lot easier than someone like James Harden, right?

:smh: If we're going to discredit a players ability based on a supposed advantage of having particular teammates...we can literally play this game with every NBA "legend".

Its also funny to see people refer to Steph as frail and small when he’s the same height as Kyrie, Dame, and Russ and the same weight as John Wall... I never hear anyone refer to those guys as “frail”.

I’m sorry, but this is nonsense. Steph was born with gifts that most people don’t have. They may be different gifts from a guy like LeBron, but his basketball abilities aren’t just about him working hard. Not to say he hasn’t worked hard to max out his skills, but 99 percent of people in the world could spend as much time working on basketball as Steph has and never be as good.

Noone is denying steph as an all time great shooter, he still gotta pass Reggie and Ray tho

All-time great player is a different conversation
Reggie says all the time Curry the best shooter ever.

Real dudes already know he's better than them, by nautical miles. Plus his come off the dribble. They're in the same convo as klay. Curry breathing different oxygen.

:smh: If we're going to discredit a players ability based on a supposed advantage of having particular teammates...we can literally play this game with every NBA "legend".
How many other rosters have the talent that the Warriors have had the last few seasons?

I'm not discrediting him. He deserves his roses, but people comparing him to Jordan is wild.:lol:

It really isn't anything against him, it's just circumstance. He's a very talented player, but most times what cements you is your accolades. He's won two MVPs with that roster, which was mostly a commentary on him being considered the floor leader on a all-time wins team. Those all-time wins have a lot to do with the roster they constructed, though.

And I mean, they won two games, but they still were striking out in the playoffs until Draymond and Klay became who they are...and again that's nothing against anyone. That's major props to the front office and how they built this roster.

When they won 67 games and their first chip....Draymond wasn’t an all star yet. Klay just made his first all star team. If that’s striking out...well I’ll be.

I think some of y’all forget just how hard it is to win just ONE championship.

Chris Paul...one of the greatest PGs ever has never been to the finals. We’re so used to seeing Steph there pre and post KD...that it’s “ho hum”.

And yet..on this very page...you have people questioning if he’s an “all time great player”....and labeling him as just the “greatest shooter ever”.

There's always going to be those guys. 9/10 people will tell you Steph is the greatest shooter of all time.
No one's capping for Ray Allen like that. Now as an all time player, that's another discussion.
Steph is still writing his story though. We'll have to see how it plays out.

I mean, I think we can all agree that there are valid criticisms of Steph and his game, but both sides can certainly be argued. My issue is dismissing people's criticism by saying people are just mad that they couldn't push their 'averageness' as far as Steph did. That's kind of ridiculous and undercuts the point being made that Steph is 'different.'

Like someone else said, he's still writing his story, so we'll see.

Its also funny to see people refer to Steph as frail and small when he’s the same height as Kyrie, Dame, and Russ and the same weight as John Wall... I never hear anyone refer to those guys as “frail”.

I agree. I find it funny too. Why do you think that is?

SplendidPoshGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

story been written. he's a perennial soft shot chucking choker who doesn't deserve to be in the top 50 of best players ever.

I mean, I think we can all agree that there are valid criticisms of Steph and his game, but both sides can certainly be argued. My issue is dismissing people's criticism by saying people are just mad that they couldn't push their 'averageness' as far as Steph did. That's kind f ridiculous and undercuts the point being made that Steph is 'different.'

There is a lot to be critical about, he's careless sometimes, forced shots based on his history of making crazy shots, but there's a lot of criticism on stuff about all people nowadays about every aspect of their life. Bron fans know about that life. So did Kobe fans. Almost all of it is biased, almost none of it actually matters.

curry the best to ever shoot a basketball
klay right behind him
edge goes to curry cause he can get it off the dribble. klay gets in the zones where he just don't miss and the ball barely touches his hands when he gets the pass and shoot

I mean, I think we can all agree that there are valid criticisms of Steph and his game, but both sides can certainly be argued. My issue is dismissing people's criticism by saying people are just mad that they couldn't push their 'averageness' as far as Steph did. That's kind of ridiculous and undercuts the point being made that Steph is 'different.'

That’s not what I was saying at all. I’m simply getting to a factor as to why some hate Steph. It stems from resentment and not being familiar or used to what he’s doing at this level.

It’s hard for people to accept things they don’t know or understand. A guy like Steph being this dominant on the NBA court breeds pushback and resentment.

How many other rosters have the talent that the Warriors have had the last few seasons?

I'm not discrediting him. He deserves his roses, but people comparing him to Jordan is wild.:lol:

The funny thing everyone loves to ignore about that their "talent" is that the core of it was drafted. Steph and Klay went 7 & 11 in the draft. Draymond was a 2nd round pick. They were in the lottery year in and year out until they signed David ****ing Lee.

Everyone makes it seem like this "super team" they have was all assembled like Voltron or some **** and unfairly did all of this. They all developed into what they are. Iggy...a glue guy...was their prime FA signing until KD. Any way you want to slice it...Steph is at the dead center of that entire process.

Back
Top Bottom