• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long has it been since you've trained? Because certain exercises may be contraindicated to your specific condition. Preexisting injuries, lacking flexibility, alignment issues may compromise your progress. In that, I highly recommend STATIC/Isometric exercises for strength training, then walking both forward and backward as a beginner. Here is an example of a static quad movement...

Hasn't been that long. But whenever I do squats or lunges my hamstrings get blasted way more than quads. Previous knee injuries keep me from doing heavy extensions and I think my body naturally compensates by relying on hammies instead of quads. Probably need to focus on doing these simple exercises with ankle weights

Most former players kids are only ever mentioned to be mocked for not living up to the legacy.
Steph and Klay surpass their daddies and now all of a sudden money buys talent and it's unfair.
Where was all this when Kobe was terrorizing the league? What's the difference between them and him?

If you ever stepped on a competitive basketball court at some point in your life...you’d understand what I’m talking about. Great article by Michael Eric Dyson that touches on parts of it.

https://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

But dudes either don’t come from it, or wanna play dumb to it. Like I said earlier, a more nuanced discussion with multiple layers that factor in haves, have nots, privilege, colorism, prototypes, stereotypes, history, insecurities, opportunity, style of play, generational bias, era’s etc.

Might not be the convo for this thread. I know DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican knows what I’m talking about.

Who said it’s easier? Who said it was gifted to him? Who said no basketball related work needed to be done?

The point is you have it easier in a sense where life is all and only basketball while others have it harder growing up in poverty having to deal with those real life situations. You guys are willing to say life rich/well off is the same as life in poverty? Don’t even answer that :lol:

While they may not have to worry about where their next meal will come, you act like rich/well off kids aren’t susceptible to falling into hard drug use, heavy underage drinking (potentially while driving), issues with grades or the law. It’s not like that money keeps kids in a bubble :lol:

Mans like Pascal Siakam were playing soccer on a dirt field and studying to become a priest when he was 16

dudes like siakam and giannis (who didn't start hooping until he was like 13-14) deserve all the credit they've earned and worked towards. no one is trying to dispute that. but some folk act like just because steph wasn't starving every night, collecting aluminum cans, and playing basketball in beat up flip flops that he's undeserving of what he's achieved.

every athlete's story and career trajectory is different. im not gonna pretend like white QBs who grew up with a silver spoon and whose families could afford expensive camps don't have an advantage over youth who grow up in poverty. nonetheless, it doesn't take away from success of dudes like Tom Brady and Eli Manning.

damn it i strongly dislike defending wealth and privilege, but some of the logic here got me going against my own values.

If you ever stepped on a competitive basketball court at some point in your life...you’d understand what I’m talking about. Great article by Michael Eric Dyson that touches on parts of it.

https://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

But dudes either don’t come from it, or wanna play dumb to it. Like I said earlier, a more nuanced discussion with multiple layers that factor in haves, have nots, privilege, colorism, prototypes, stereotypes, history, insecurities, opportunity, style of play, generational bias, era’s etc.

Might not be the convo for this thread. I know DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican knows what I’m talking about.

I said for years that people felt disrespected by Blake and Steoh when they cooked because they were lightskinned. NT told me I was reaching.

I will read.

Thanks

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

While they may not have to worry about where their next meal will come, you act like rich/well off kids aren’t susceptible to falling into hard drug use, heavy underage drinking (potentially while driving), issues with grades or the law. It’s not like that money keeps kids in a bubble :lol:
Thanks, now quite where someone said rich kids love life worry free? It was already initially stated that they have a different set of problems but you guys love to just play extreme seesaw of stupid comments. I guess using talks logic curry is lucky to be alive because since he’s rich he should be hooked on pain killers and Xanax right? Because that’s what rich kids do right?

Lol dead this stupid conversation. Just as dumb as the “Nobody like curry” article

Exactly, with all the factors we have to deal with nowadays, it's a tough call. Before access to the internet made the world so much smaller, underprivileged kids didn't have any other influences aside from what was local to them. They took what they saw as normal, from drug dealing, killings, even police brutality. Now, hopefully we can use the web as a tool to show kids that there is no normal, that they can be who they want to be. Not what they've been used to seeing.

Hasn't been that long. But whenever I do squats or lunges my hamstrings get blasted way more than quads. Previous knee injuries keep me from doing heavy extensions and I think my body naturally compensates by relying on hammies instead of quads. Probably need to focus on doing these simple exercises with ankle weights
Yeah, sounds like weakness at the glutes and the muscles that act at the hip, the abductors. A good step up exercise helps with that, along with the abductor machine. It helps with the concentric phase of an extension at the knee. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom