• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can deal with that as long as the shooter is not jumping toward the defender intentionally. Harden is doing this. He is piking his legs toward the defender like a diver. It's just plain stupid.

Sometimes.

He’s good enough to where he doesn’t have to completely rely on that contact and he doesn’t.

It’s easy to get carried away with the harden Slander but lets call it like it is. The refs are not doing that as of game 1.

Sometimes.

He’s good enough to where he doesn’t have to completely rely on that contact and he doesn’t.

It’s easy to get carried away with the harden Slander but lets call it like it is. The refs are not doing that as of game 1.
Hope he just adjusts and plays basketball from here on out. Want the series decided by ball skill and not whether the refs can be enticed to whistle play solely designed to get a whistle.

Everyone has to acclimate to the playoffs. Jordan got thrown on his rear when he first made the playoffs. Dude went in and reconditioned his body to be ready for next time. He wasn't waiting for the refs to make it easier for him. Took it into his own hands. Lebron had to learn to quit shrinking from closing games out in the playoffs. Will Harden adjust or not?

Hope he just adjusts and plays basketball from here on out. Want the series decided by ball skill and not whether the refs can be enticed to whistle play solely designed to get a whistle.

Everyone has to acclimate to the playoffs. Jordan got thrown on his rear when he first made the playoffs. Dude went in and reconditioned his body to be ready for next time. He wasn't waiting for the refs to make it easier for him. Took it into his own hands. Lebron had to learn to quit shrinking from closing games out in the playoffs. Will Harden adjust or not?

A fair point but when Jordan was getting publicly flogged by Detroit in those playoff series, defenders could legally hand check and initiate a good portion of that contact (obviously not the clotheslines etc).

D’antoni and Harden are demanding that the refs call what the league has deemed fouls.

That’s not harden relying on the refs, that’s demanding that the refs wake up and actually do their job.

Not to mention that the refs have already admitted fault, so there isn’t a whole lot to even argue here.

Really have no interest in a whistlefest whether justified or not. Playoffs should be more intense and players should get a bit more leeway IMO.

No. There were at least three instances where Klay Thompson didn't give him room to land. Those should've been called. Saying it's fine to not call a potentially dangerous & season changing foul because 'he gets to the line enough' is trash.

And again, it shouldn't be a surprise that the player who led the league in drives to the rim also led in free throws attempted.
Because he does flop a lot (which you Harden fans ignore) maybe it makes it harder for the refs to know when it's legit. Either way, adjust. All this crying does nothing. He's a all time great right? :lol:

Really have no interest in a whistlefest whether justified or not. Playoffs should be more intense and players should get a bit more leeway IMO.

Nobody wants to see the refs influence the outcome of any game.

At the same time the refs are obligated to call fouls.

When they admit that they’ve failed at their only job, the adjustment is theirs to make, Harden is well within the rules.

All it boils down to really. Idk why this is so hard to comprehend for some folks. Regardless if you think it's a gimmick or not. They even called that **** last series on the off-chance they were playing Harden straight up :lol:

I just don't understand how it changes conveniently when we play GS. 2 years in a row. It is what it is, but it's annoyingly frustrating :lol:
for me, it doesnt matter who the team is...that foul call for not allowing a player to have space to come down has been emphasized all year for all teams. and then magically in 1 singular game it isnt called at all? literally 5-7 missed calls...*****

I’m willing to let him live after that crybaby presser.

Game 2 is gonna be fun.

live look of harden writing a letter to adam silver about the refs cheating

source.gif

I've seen the replay a few times now and my interpretation of the "room to land" rule should be as clear as this:

If a player taking a shot and contact from the defender is made in any way whilst said player is still in the air and has not landed then it's a foul.

Alternatively, if a player has landed and receives contact simply from landing into a defenders landing spot (trying to contest) then its a no-call

Essentially what the refs need to be looking for is if the player is still in the air, not confusing it with they land and then fall back from landing into a defender. The thing however that is making this difficult is people saying that a jump shooter has to be going straight up and down, which is BS as I've seen people take jump shots and land slightly, to even slightly further, more forward than the original place they took the shot from. So what is the rule really looking for here?
Can deal with that as long as the shooter is not jumping toward the defender intentionally. Harden is doing this. It is not the normal drift of a jumpshot taken off balance even. He is piking his legs toward the defender like a diver. It's just plain stupid. He is an all-world basketball player. He does not need to do this.

In my eyes, thats what CP3 did when folded like a lawn chair trying to sell the contact. Harden on that last shot had his momentum going forward when he started the shot and unfortunately for the defender he is allowed any space in front of him until his feet hit the ground.

BTW I'm not trying to cape for Harden here! I have been in this thread throughout the season calling out James when he exaggerates contact by contorting his body in air or falls back after landing and gets the call. But if you go back and watch the missed calls from tonights game, he was actually having his landing space completely taken away.

"supposed to win" yet jalen and chauncey both strongly picked houston before the game started.
i dont care who they picked.

the number 1 seed in the conference should win game one at home. PERIOD

and game 2 for that fact. and 5 and 7 if necessary

the whole best of 7 with the better team having more home games is the whole "deal"

i dont care who they picked.

the number 1 seed in the conference should win game one at home. PERIOD

and game 2 for that fact. and 5 and 7 if necessary

the whole best of 7 with the better team having more home games is the whole "deal"

so by that logic why even play the series since it's a foregone conclusion that the warriors will win? i mean where was this same energy and type of thinking when houston lost game 1 last year despite being the 1 seed?

Or is it just a new excuse for when houston loses, “welp they were supposed to lose games 1,2,5, and 7”??

Last edited:
How do you jump forward on a step back? How is that natural?

The rule of verticality applies to offense too right? If you're drifting forward, why should you be entitled to a foul?

You know how a shooter will pump fake his defender into the popcorn machine and then lunge forward and draw a shooting foul? And how everyone says that shouldn't be a foul? What's the difference?

so by that logic why even play the series since it's a foregone conclusion that the warriors will win? i mean where was this same energy and type of thinking when houston lost game 1 last year despite being the 1 seed?

Or is it just a new excuse for when houston loses, “welp they were supposed to lose games 1,2,5, and 7”??
that's not even the argument he's making tho :lol:

gs was a 5.5 point favorite btw. why are you using jalen and chauncey as reasons for your argument?

This no call is “fair” right

3C10679F-9EEE-41EA-B793-2FE35BEF3E92.jpeg
that one should have been called too.

why is it that alot of gsw fans cant just say, "yep, there was alot of bad calls and houston prob/def got the worst of them?" why do gsw fans engage in so much athletic/fanatic trump'istic' thought processes? why is it that alot of gsw fans feel attacked when others point out the obvious? a foul is a foul. except when its gsw...then its "we got it as bad as they did. even worse."

or my favorite...

"we/gsw played the worst game we've ever played and we still won." so..."this will be a sweep."

How do you jump forward on a step back? How is that natural?

The rule of verticality applies to offense too right? If you're drifting forward, why should you be entitled to a foul?

You know how a shooter will pump fake his defender into the popcorn machine and then lunge forward and draw a shooting foul? And how everyone says that shouldn't be a foul? What's the difference?
i admire how much you hate harden, truly

that one should have been called too.

why is it that alot of gsw fans cant just say, "yep, there was alot of bad calls and houston prob/def got the worst of them?" why do gsw fans engage in so much athletic/fanatic trump'istic' thought processes? why is it that alot of gsw fans feel attacked when others point out the obvious? a foul is a foul. except when its gsw...then its "we got it as bad as they did. even worse."

or my favorite...

"we/gsw played the worst game we've ever played and we still won." so..."this will be a sweep."

calling someone who disagrees with you as acting "trumpish" is pretty trumpish in and of itself

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i refuse to engage in intelligent debate so i'll just insult the person by saying they're acting "trumpish"...hmmm sounds ironic to me

go back a few pages G, i said it here a handful of times, game was called piss poor both ways. yet somehow i'm incapable of seeing how the refs impacted the game.

either call the flop or the "zaza". both rules that were said to be emphasized in back to back season but it seems like its out the door in this series. lol

dont move the goal posts.
the point is...
gsw won game 1.
it was a horribly officiated game,especially for the rockets
in the end, its only game and its gonna be a long series

calling someone who disagrees with you as acting "trumpish" is pretty trumpish in and of itself

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i refuse to engage in intelligent debate so i'll just insult the person by saying they're acting "trumpish"...hmmm sounds ironic to me

go back a few pages G, i said it here a handful of times, game was called piss poor both ways. yet somehow i'm incapable of seeing how the refs impacted the game.
whatever you say kiddo. it wasnt even about disagreeing. its about a foul being a foul no matter who its called on.

you felt the need to point out a foul that wasnt called on a gsw shooter and used that as an equalizer regarding the 5-7 missed calls against the rockets?

game 1 goes to gsw
it was horribly officiated and the rockets got the worst of that exchange
on to game 2

Back
Top Bottom