NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

CP1708, once again just wanted to let you know that you put ALOT of work into this thread, greatly appreciated.  I just got back into this thread and I will read the write up on Kobe in a few. 

Edit--Okay, I actually read every bit of the Kobe write-up, and for the most part I agree with about 85-90% of if.  I liked how you broke Kobe's career down in 3 parts, which is the way I sometimes look at his career internally. 

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Tried keeping up with some of this but after that, I'm out, no disrespect. Guess I'll come back to see the final product or the final voting results or whatever
laugh.gif

I was trying to catch up on the last few pages I missed, saw that Kobe biography CP posted and had the same reaction as the Seinfeld gif.
laugh.gif

I'll try to get through it later.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Tried keeping up with some of this but after that, I'm out, no disrespect. Guess I'll come back to see the final product or the final voting results or whatever
laugh.gif

I was trying to catch up on the last few pages I missed, saw that Kobe biography CP posted and had the same reaction as the Seinfeld gif.
laugh.gif

I'll try to get through it later.
laugh.gif

For all arguments regarding Ray Allen not making the HOF, here's my counter-argument, a guy who averaged 7.4, 3.5, 4.8 for his career made the Hall AS A PLAYER.

For all arguments regarding Ray Allen not making the HOF, here's my counter-argument, a guy who averaged 7.4, 3.5, 4.8 for his career made the Hall AS A PLAYER.

CP1708, I ain't read much of this thread, but I see that you're a Lakers' fan (surprise, surprise).

So Duncan landed in the right situation. Okay, he got lucky.

You can't, for even half a second, think that he got more lucky than Kobe Bryant, right?

Kobe Bryant is the luckiest (and thus, most overrated) athlete of this generation.

I believe that if Iverson was drafted to the Lakers, and Kobe was drafted to Philly, Iverson would have 5 rings, and Kobe would be playing in China.

That's not the case though. Why? A matter of luck.

CP1708, I ain't read much of this thread, but I see that you're a Lakers' fan (surprise, surprise).

You can't, for even half a second, think that he got more lucky than Kobe Bryant, right?

Kobe Bryant is the luckiest (and thus, most overrated) athlete of this generation.

I believe that if Iverson was drafted to the Lakers, and Kobe was drafted to Philly, Iverson would have 5 rings, and Kobe would be playing in China.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

And there would be your first mistake.  But you see Lakers in my sig so suddenly you think you have me pegged. 
30t6p3b.gif

That Duncan argument from me that you read was me just presenting a case that Duncan isn't as all world as he is given credit for.  Maybe you missed the 14 times I have said TIM DUNCAN IS MY PICK FOR BEST PF OF ALL TIME.  So when you go back and read the whole thread, and not just selected parts of it, you and me won't have to have this conversation again. 
wink.gif

As for your Iverson/Kobe stuff, clearly you don't watch a lot of basketball nor pay attention to how things work.  Part of luck is different circumstances, Duncan SHOULD have been a Celtic if things broke that way.  If David don't get hurt, the Spurs never even have a shot at Duncan.  That's 2 different scenarios that lined up perfectly for the Spurs.  AI went #1, LA had ZERO shot of getting the #1 pick, at all.  Now you could make the argument for Philly taking Kobe, sure, they had first choice, but AI to LA was never even remotely feasible, worst case he goes #2, or 3, or 4, wherever, but he was never going to be a Laker, so how is any of that luck?  Kobe was an unkown commodity to most, whereas Iverson was THEE franchise type star coming into the draft, I doubt very highly that anyone was lookin to move Iverson for Vlade Divac. 
laugh.gif
  But yeah, luck.  Ok. 

a guy who averaged 7.4, 3.5, 4.8 for his career made the Hall AS A PLAYER
Is that Bill Walton, or who is that? 
nerd.gif
  That's down right horrible. 

And there would be your first mistake.  But you see Lakers in my sig so suddenly you think you have me pegged. 
30t6p3b.gif

That Duncan argument from me that you read was me just presenting a case that Duncan isn't as all world as he is given credit for.  Maybe you missed the 14 times I have said TIM DUNCAN IS MY PICK FOR BEST PF OF ALL TIME.  So when you go back and read the whole thread, and not just selected parts of it, you and me won't have to have this conversation again. 
wink.gif

As for your Iverson/Kobe stuff, clearly you don't watch a lot of basketball nor pay attention to how things work.  Part of luck is different circumstances, Duncan SHOULD have been a Celtic if things broke that way.  If David don't get hurt, the Spurs never even have a shot at Duncan.  That's 2 different scenarios that lined up perfectly for the Spurs.  AI went #1, LA had ZERO shot of getting the #1 pick, at all.  Now you could make the argument for Philly taking Kobe, sure, they had first choice, but AI to LA was never even remotely feasible, worst case he goes #2, or 3, or 4, wherever, but he was never going to be a Laker, so how is any of that luck?  Kobe was an unkown commodity to most, whereas Iverson was THEE franchise type star coming into the draft, I doubt very highly that anyone was lookin to move Iverson for Vlade Divac. 
laugh.gif
  But yeah, luck.  Ok. 

a guy who averaged 7.4, 3.5, 4.8 for his career made the Hall AS A PLAYER
Is that Bill Walton, or who is that? 
nerd.gif
  That's down right horrible. 

It is luck. I could word it differently too.

Wha if the draft went to same, but Shaq signed with Philly instead of L.A.?

laugh.gif
 Uh, I dunno.  What if Lebron got drafted by the Lakers to play with Kobe?  Where are we goin with this? 
laugh.gif

Are you refuting my best attempt at making an argument against Duncan as the best PF of all time, or are you just here to argue about Kobe, what do you want?  If you have a case to present, please do so.  The floor is yours. 

laugh.gif
 Uh, I dunno.  What if Lebron got drafted by the Lakers to play with Kobe?  Where are we goin with this? 
laugh.gif

Are you refuting my best attempt at making an argument against Duncan as the best PF of all time, or are you just here to argue about Kobe, what do you want?  If you have a case to present, please do so.  The floor is yours. 

You're tryin' to say that Duncan got lucky (and yes, I understand you have him as the GOAT PF), and when I said Kobe got infinitely more luckier, you defend it by saying that my "what-if" scenarios regarding Kobe are far-fetched.

Both players landed in a great situation, but Kobe got more lucky because Duncan was a better player, so he had a better chance at rings had he not landed in a great spot.

You're tryin' to say that Duncan got lucky (and yes, I understand you have him as the GOAT PF), and when I said Kobe got infinitely more luckier, you defend it by saying that my "what-if" scenarios regarding Kobe are far-fetched.

Both players landed in a great situation, but Kobe got more lucky because Duncan was a better player, so he had a better chance at rings had he not landed in a great spot.

laugh.gif
  Ok, whatever.  I'm not sure how you define who is better, one is a 7 footer, one is a guard.  If think Dunc is better, that's fine, I've more than stated my case disagreeing. 

laugh.gif
  Ok, whatever.  I'm not sure how you define who is better, one is a 7 footer, one is a guard.  If think Dunc is better, that's fine, I've more than stated my case disagreeing. 

Would I be able to make a legitimate argument for Dirk being the best offensive PF of all time, over Karl Malone? 

Karl's numbers, even on a per season basis playing up til he was 40 are higher than Dirk's are, and his will certainly dip a smidge as he gets a little older.  But I just feel like Dirk could do more on the court offensively than Karl could, is there where I would go with my argument and that's it? 

They both had top tier PG's feedin them their whole career's, offense ran thru them, hell Dirk even had a faster paced offense for a few years while Karl ran a slower half court set.  Do I even have a case for Dirk? 

Would I be able to make a legitimate argument for Dirk being the best offensive PF of all time, over Karl Malone? 

Karl's numbers, even on a per season basis playing up til he was 40 are higher than Dirk's are, and his will certainly dip a smidge as he gets a little older.  But I just feel like Dirk could do more on the court offensively than Karl could, is there where I would go with my argument and that's it? 

They both had top tier PG's feedin them their whole career's, offense ran thru them, hell Dirk even had a faster paced offense for a few years while Karl ran a slower half court set.  Do I even have a case for Dirk? 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not saying your doing this CP, but would this even be an argument prior to this season or even prior to Dirk winning a ring? 

I don't even think I could insert Dirk over Timmy, so I just couldn't see him being over Malone. Probably put a more in depth reason later, but I'm eating right now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not saying your doing this CP, but would this even be an argument prior to this season or even prior to Dirk winning a ring? 

I don't even think I could insert Dirk over Timmy, so I just couldn't see him being over Malone. Probably put a more in depth reason later, but I'm eating right now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom