NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by PO2345

Milsap to Portland? This could get interesting.

PO

We'll see, but doesn't Utah want to keep him more then Boozer? If thats true they'll be pushing a lot for him. I think someone will take Boozer so they can match Portlands offer

With Utah only having 7 days to match, I would imagine that Boozer could come cheap which is why I just want Memphis to pursue him. Utah isn't going toallow Portland to sign Millsap just that easy. The question is, will they match and still keep Boozer til' later when another deal becomes available? Ifthey did that, they would already be paying a huge cap penalty wouldn't they?

one thing i dont get is, everyones saying trade boozer to resign milsap in whicih i agree.
BUT, dont salaries have to match, or are the grizzs that much under the cap that they can swallow his whole contract while giving back utah scrub players withsmall contracts..?

sooooooo......i know im late but can somebody explain to me why Utah is trying to trade Boozer?i thought he and Deron are the franchise players aka Stocktonand Malone???...i know Millsap has the potential but right now Boozer>Millsap

Brandon Bass to the Magic??? that's kinda scary! Now Howard's got a true back up that can infact shoot the 15ft'er better than he can! I think Basswill develop into a solid pro, give him a couple years.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

70bd0d6e7ebf278f8e254b799580ce95-getty-82875250.jpg

DAMN that is a SCARY foursome...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"What do you guys think of the current Eastern Conference champion Orlando Magic?"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Arstyle, lets not even get started on all the players we have passed on. I only wish this were the case.

Dude, your franchise drafted Michael Jordan, so you have no room to talk about "passing up players in the draft" for the rest of your life...

Originally Posted by BangDak

one thing i dont get is, everyones saying trade boozer to resign milsap in whicih i agree.
BUT, dont salaries have to match, or are the grizzs that much under the cap that they can swallow his whole contract while giving back utah scrub players with small contracts..?
As of right now, the Grizzlies are under the cap. When the Randolph-Richardson deal becomes official, they will still be under the cap, just notenough to take Boozer for nothing.

They're in a similar as last year's Nuggets-Clippers trade involving Camby.

There's a lengthy ESPN article about this whole Boozer thing if anybody's interested. Basically they told him he's no longer in their long termplans and a result he's told them to trade him.

BUT, dont salaries have to match, or are the grizzs that much under the cap that they can swallow his whole contract while giving back utah scrub players with small contracts..?
After buying out Stack, we would have approximately $13 mil in cap space ($16 mil if we renounce Warrick) plus Q. Rich's expiring $8.7 mil.Memphis would be able to provide tax savings by letting Utah give Boozer to us and we could give them some small contracts and/or picks. It just depends on howserious they're about keeping Millsap and how smart can Memphis front office be (which isn't too smart).

I would immediately nix that Randolph deal and start working out something with Utah. This will keep Portland from gaining an asset, while taking a greaterasset in Boozer. It'll be good to hurt some of these top West teams rather than help them for once.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

After buying out Stack, we would have approximately $13 mil in cap space ($16 mil if we renounce Warrick) plus Q. Rich's expiring $8.7 mil. Memphis would be able to provide tax savings by letting Utah give Boozer to us and we could give them some small contracts and/or picks. It just depends on how serious they're about keeping Millsap and how smart can Memphis front office be (which isn't too smart).

I would immediately nix that Randolph deal and start working out something with Utah. This will keep Portland from gaining an asset, while taking a greater asset in Boozer. It'll be good to hurt some of these top West teams rather than help them for once.
Yo, how pissed off would Pritchard and Portland be at Memphis again if they traded for Boozer?
laugh.gif
First the Darius Miles situation and then helping the Jazz free up money to matchMillsap's offer sheet.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

As of right now, the Grizzlies are under the cap. When the Randolph-Richardson deal becomes official, they will still be under the cap, just not enough to take Boozer for nothing.

They're in a similar as last year's Nuggets-Clippers trade involving Camby.

Basically.

There's no chance in Memphis getting Boozer if the Z-Bo deal goes through. Since Memphis has already waived Stackhouse, they should've already madethat trade. I guess they're still waiting on physicals, but Heisley was acting like the trade never happened in an interview. That would suck if Memphisforced LAC to keep Z-Bo.
laugh.gif

Grow some @$%#*(% balls Heisley/Wallace and do some damage.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

After buying out Stack, we would have approximately $13 mil in cap space ($16 mil if we renounce Warrick) plus Q. Rich's expiring $8.7 mil. Memphis would be able to provide tax savings by letting Utah give Boozer to us and we could give them some small contracts and/or picks. It just depends on how serious they're about keeping Millsap and how smart can Memphis front office be (which isn't too smart).

I would immediately nix that Randolph deal and start working out something with Utah. This will keep Portland from gaining an asset, while taking a greater asset in Boozer. It'll be good to hurt some of these top West teams rather than help them for once.
Yo, how pissed off would Pritchard and Portland be at Memphis again if they traded for Boozer?
laugh.gif
First the Darius Miles situation and then helping the Jazz free up money to match Millsap's offer sheet.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh god, that would be some funny %%$%.
memphis should cancel that zbo deal ASAP, but i doubt they will. they'll way too many bigs, basically put themselves into the same position LAC did.
gasol, thabeet, zbo, and boozer.

Marcin WANTS to go to Dallas more than he wants to be in Orlando, and Smith may not allow him to, and force him to sit behind Dwight? Poor move as a GM.
so was it a poor GM move when

-ATL match the offer for Josh Smith after he pretty much said he doesnt want to play for Woodson anymore last year?
-When Elton Brand wanted to play for the Miami Heat and the clippers match the offer?

i could go on and on but you get the point

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

Marcin WANTS to go to Dallas more than he wants to be in Orlando, and Smith may not allow him to, and force him to sit behind Dwight? Poor move as a GM.
so was it a poor GM move when

-ATL match the offer for Josh Smith after he pretty much said he doesnt want to play for Woodson anymore last year?
-When Elton Brand wanted to play for the Miami Heat and the clippers match the offer?

i could go on and on but you get the point
Elton Brand and Josh Smith aren't back-ups.

If Gortat got re-signed, he would be.

I don't blame the Magic for wanting to match Gortat's contract or at least wanting to get something out of him leaving.

They invested four years developing him and he's a reliable back up center.

Sometimes, you have to trust your sources.

What I'm hearing is that the Mavericks are very likely to end up with Marcin Gortat, despite the 6-11 center's comments online to the contrary.

The players are not normally the ones that hear first that they are being kept or sent on.

All I can say is that the Mavericks seem pretty darn confident about this thing. I'm not saying there is a deal here. But I think the fact that Donnie Nelson has known Otis Smith since the Golden State days may help the situation here.

They know they are going to have to do business down the road.

Bottom line: Gortat is going to be a Maverick. That's the betting favorite right now.

--Eddie Sefko[/

Keeping my fingers crossed, VERY crossed.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the Magic are just making the Mavericks sweat.

The Magic are already in luxury tax, and matching a 33 million dollar contract means they'd have to pay 66 million for a back-up player.

Even if they trade him, that's still around 50 million dollars you have to pay over the next 5 years.

I just don't see it happening, not for a back-up Center to them.

If they make us wait the full 7 days and then match, I'd be mad not just because they matched, but because it's wasting our time when we could bescouting other FA's.

Also, we're working out McCants tomorrow.

And Nivins looks like a stud...
pimp.gif

JapanAir21: how did Rodrigue look out there?..i didnt get to watch the game because i had a soccer game..
also how about that 7'4" guy from africa?

I didn't watch, I was working.

I just caught a box-score, and from what I heard, Nivins outperformed Beaubois.

And I don't know ET, I wouldn't have, but what the hell, might as well.

laugh.gif
NOW everybody starts to believe what's been said about theBlazers FO.

I've only said it about a thousand times, damn.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

What are we down too? Lee, Odom, Miller.......who else that matters? Glen Davis......Iverson.......

Back
Top Bottom