NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Blazers make me sick
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I got you Franchise....

[h1]Brandon Roy to Blazers: "I've done everything I can."[/h1] [h3]by John Canzano, The Oregonian[/h3]
[h3]Friday July 10, 2009, 2:25 PM[/h3]

Brandon Roy told KJR radio in Seattle today that he's frustrated and disappointed with the Trail Blazers handling of his contract extension negotiations. He talked a lot about the hard work he's put in, and all he's done to make his dreams come true, and about being patient as he watches the good days and bad days come down the pipeline.

He wants to get a deal done and is confused as the rest of us as to why the left brainers in the organization are standing in the way.

I wrote about the Vulcan influence we're seeing on the Blazers operating procedure in today's column. I have the interview and will replay a portion of Roy's interview today on the Bald-Faced Truth radio show at 3:05 p.m. and we will discuss, but here's a couple of quotes from Roy.

On watching the negotiations: "I sit back and think about all the hard work I've put into my dream... excited about the opportunity to provide for my family. I go in... knowing that I've come into the league and I've done everything I can do to get a max contract."

On how he feels about the negotiations: "It's 50-50 right now... I'd love for something to get done so I can move forward and meet free agents..."

On whether he was involved in the Hedo Turkoglu recruitment: "Not playing much of any role. It's hard for me to go out and recruit Hedo for five years when I have only one year on my deal."

Well played by Roy's camp. It's absurd that the organization is misplaying this negotiation so badly. Sign the guy already.

roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
If Roy walks, Pritchard is working himself to getting on of these:

0a0366992bc7592171f90270e6b1fb1a4431de6c.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by 18key

^from the knicks hopefully
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

How? LeDunkedon is gonna max out their salary cap.
i rather take wade/roy over lefake anyday. but if he comes to ny, i guess i wouldnt mind
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm really not worried about Roy leaving Portland. The only thing is that the Blazers are hurting themselves by not locking him down ASAP. Thelonger they wait, the more money Roy is gonna get.

^from the knicks hopefully
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

How? LeDunkedon is gonna max out their salary cap.
i rather take wade/roy over lefake anyday. but if he comes to ny, i guess i wouldnt mind
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm really not worried about Roy leaving Portland. The only thing is that the Blazers are hurting themselves by not locking him down ASAP. The longer they wait, the more money Roy is gonna get.

agreed

Bring Roy home and move the Blazers to Seattle with new management
pimp.gif

yes im still sour about the late supersonics.

(flamesuit on)
I want Roy to leave. I don't care much for Portland and it seems that they don't care much for Roy and seeing him somewhere else would make me happy.Ever since T-mac's been spending more time in rehab than Amy Winehouse; Roy, KD, and D12 are my 3 fav players.

Originally Posted by the coolness

(flamesuit on)
I want Roy to leave. I don't care much for Portland and
it seems that they don't care much for Roy and seeing him somewhere else would make me happy. Ever since T-mac's been spending more time in rehab than Amy Winehouse; Roy, KD, and D12 are my 3 fav players.

28vvjbd.gif

According to The Knicks Blog, Sixers offered Andre Miller a 1 year 6M deal, which he took as a slap in the face
laugh.gif

Good luck getting the 10M a year deal you want though.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by CasperJr

roy to chicago
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wish man. If i remember correctly, the Bulls would've taken him had Portland not.

I'm a moron, we took Tyrus instead...coulda had Roy.......oh god, I forgot that...or suppressed it I guess.

At least your team didn't pass on Roy for Shelden Williams...
sick.gif

Philly offered a 1 year deal to Bibby, too. So either they think Jrue will be ready real quick or...

roy to chicago
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wish man. If i remember correctly, the Bulls would've taken him had Portland not.

I'm a moron, we took Tyrus instead...coulda had Roy.......oh god, I forgot that...or suppressed it I guess.
laugh.gif
That turned out well

And Portlands front office shouldn't *$%% around with him B Roy...give him what he wants

Originally Posted by SCuse7

roy to chicago
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
That turned out well

And Portlands front office shouldn't *$%% around with him B Roy...give him what he wants
I say.. the hell they doin messing around with their franchise players..

Originally Posted by PO2345

Milsap to Portland? This could get interesting.

PO

We'll see, but doesn't Utah want to keep him more then Boozer? If thats true they'll be pushing a lot for him. I think someone will take Boozer sothey can match Portlands offer

Originally Posted by icomethru

actually Roy was traded for Randy foye on draft night. Jus imagine BR on tha Twolves. woooooooow
smokin.gif

Yeah he'd be wasting his talent more than KG did.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by PO2345

Milsap to Portland? This could get interesting.

PO

We'll see, but doesn't Utah want to keep him more then Boozer? If thats true they'll be pushing a lot for him

that's what I thought, that Boozer was expendable because they are confident in Milsap. Imagine if they lose both Boozer & Milsap though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom